“Average in everything”

Kinabalu Daya Hotel
Ranked #52 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

This hotel to me was average in everything, what you can expect from such a hotel. Except the complementary breakfast which is exceptional! The hotel is going trough some renovations probably due to mold depending on the smell in the hallway so I wouldn't stay here at the moment.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank yasminarafat
musyadi m, Front Office Manager at Kinabalu Daya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 6 088 240000.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

This is one of the best hotels in Kota Kinabalu I have stayed. Easy access to many roads. Very delicious food, good environment. Good service and nice people. Very comfortable and clean rooms. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Thasun

Reviewed 28 October 2012

As a Tour Agent, I am very disappointed with the hotel's poor service. They need to train their staff to do a better job when handling reservations. My guests had to endure an embarrassing situation when they checked in and the hotel claimed they have not paid (when in fact, we already paid from the tour agent's side). They requested for us to hand over the receipt for proof. Thing was, it's a public holiday and we weren't at the office. Moreover, hotels rarely request receipts from the agent in front of the guests as the agent rate is different compared to the published rate. As a matter of fact, they should have the guests' names registered in the computer since we paid two days earlier (not banked in, but paid DIRECTLY to the hotel's counter). What's more, they promised to send in a fruit basket for my guests as an apology for the mess-up, but didn't. Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend this hotel for customers who want value for their money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank AnnoyedTourAgent
musyadi m, Front Office Manager at Kinabalu Daya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed in a superior room 4 nights with a window (several rooms do not have window!!). Nice room with all the amenities, large shower, hot water and a nice king size bed. Very helpful staff at reception, nice buffet breakfast in the Hunter's lounge, made to order eggs, waffles, omelettes etc... although place is a little small. Well situated, close to harbour, filipino's market, and boardwalk to watch sunset. A good place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
musyadi m, Front Office Manager at Kinabalu Daya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Mr/Miss,

Reviewed 21 October 2012

The window opened into a wall cavity and just let smoke into our small and quite claustrophobic room. Average service, average to poor breakfast. Not a good start to our time in Borneo. Saving grace we a good, central location.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear Sir/Madam

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Spent 5 days 4 nights, good location and the staff very friendly. Late checked-in are acceptable as I arrived at late night. Only room is too small for 2 persons, and a bit noisy at night for a good sleep. Its good place for those people who do a lots of outing activities and very near to Scuba diving office.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam

Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

Noisy & musty rooms on the 1st floor above a Karaoke bar that blasted bad music until the early hours.

No window made it seem like a prison cell.

The only redeeming factor was the location. The only bad hotel on an amazing Borneo experience.

• Stayed: September 2012