“Great location. Hotel is okay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kinabalu Daya Hotel

Kinabalu Daya Hotel
Ranked #69 of 91 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Launceston, Australia
“Great location. Hotel is okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed their for a 4 days we found the location maybe the best thing, so close to be able to go down to the waterfront and city in general.
Rooms are smallish but the elevators are smaller 4 big people would be trouble.
It's like most things it's good place to lay your head after a long day but not to spend a few hours. For the price it's okay I have seen lots worse.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter M
musyadi m, Front Office Manager at Kinabalu Daya Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 6 088 240000.

BEST WESTERN Kinabalu Daya Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

For the amount of money paid per night, this place is not up to scratch. There is a constant damp feeling in the hotel & rooms and a dirty smell. TV is old & channels few. The worst is the wifi. They have a ridiculous policy where you have to renew the password every day & it constantly fails to connect. Took about an hour on my sisters phone & mine dropped out overnight. The staff are, however, very friendly and helpful & rooms are spacious. Pretty good location too.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank bansheebeat

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

i came in the room and turned on the bathroom light and the power went out, when they came to fix it they said that happens. i guess their right s_it happens. Small rooms, not very clean, very asian basic breakfast, after two nights i wouldn't stay there again

Room Tip: stay anyplace else
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
musyadi m, Front Office Manager at Kinabalu Daya Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2014

Travellers are raving about these Kota Kinabalu hotels

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights only but it was very comfortable and clean. The central location was perfect for exploring the city and the bathroom was a good place to wash away the dirt of the previous weeks of travel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the lift or near the nightclub.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank josec s

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

・It is convenient to move in the center.
・Staff is friendly
・Clean water around.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights before climbing Mount Kinabalu. Fantastic location, right next to Chinatown, great food (highly recommend 5 Star Hainanese Chicken and Party Play Lifestyle Cafe), markets, waterfront, shopping and only 15 mins taxi from the airport. The hotel is old and basic, smells like smoke even on the non-smoking floors and there was construction work literally right next to our room. The room was a bit run down but clean enough and air conditioned, we slept well. Make use of the good cheap food options near by rather than having the buffet breakfast, it was edible but not great. Stay here if you just need somewhere clean and cheap to crash within walking distance of the city attractions.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Labuan Town, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. The first day I checked in into my room , I was disgusted when I saw there were pubic hairs on the bathroom floor!!! I was utterly and totally disgusted, who would want to step on other people's pubic hair right?. For me,the housekeeping did not do a very clean job. As a person, for me hygiene is very important . I asked the receptionist if she could help me to check in my flight and she told me that I can do it by myself using the pc that they provided in the lobby. They charged me rm2 for using the pc for less than a minute and printing a piece of paper. When I asked the receptionist at the counter , I think her name is Connie, she whispered to her other colleague first then just told me how much is the price I have to pay . Looking by their actions, they were also not so sure and I feel cheated . I know rm2 is not much for some of you, but as a guest I don't like to be cheated. I think my first experience here didnt went so well. Even though this hotel is in a strategic location, I wouldn't want to stay in a hotel where the staffs make me feel like I've been cheated.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank sherla26
musyadi m, Front Office Manager at Kinabalu Daya Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 6 088 240000.