“Convenience Location but not impressive”

Kinabalu Daya Hotel
Ranked #68 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
“Convenience Location but not impressive”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed there @ 22 Aug for 1 night only. The location is in good location, basically you can get everything when you out from hotel. Food, Shopping, Cinema and Market. Everything within walking distance.

But the room was a bit worn out, and I advise the management to change their bed sheet or mattress to make guest slept well. Better still, if you able to provide guest some option for pillow. I found the pillow was a bit soft which I found it hard to sleep.

Secondly, I prefer the hotel can provide as well some amenities like tooth brush and tooth paste. It make business travel guest bit of unprepared when hotel not providing it.

The rest of the things is acceptable.

Room Tip: Get the upper room from level 9 onwards where you can get some seaview. Please request the room faci...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
musyadi m, Front Office Manager at Kinabalu Daya Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 6 088 240000.

BEST WESTERN Kinabalu Daya Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed in Best Western Kota Kinabalu because my usual hotel was fully booked out. Thinking this being one of the Best Western properties I had high expectations but I was terribly disappointed. We checked in around 10pm and the first room given to us was extremely small with a double-bed. After asking the receptionist for twin bed room she gave us a room which smelled horrible. Once you opened the door you'll be able to smell the mouldy ceilings. We had no choice as we were on a business trip and sleeping on a double bed was out of the question. I would not suggest anyone to book this place because for the price paid there are better hotels in the area. Location wise this hotel is at a very strategic location where everything is nearby but trust me it's not worth the smelly room and dirty linens.

Travellers are raving about these Kota Kinabalu hotels

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We booked the Deluxe double room which is supposed to be better then a Standard or Superior room. This Deluxe room was small, old, worn and not well cleaned. The inadequate bathroom smelled funky and was too small for 2 persons to fit in. The pictures of the rooms on their (and other) website don't even come close to reality!
View of the city is blocked by a sort of facade in front. Price we paid (MYR 200 per night without breakfast) was absolutely NOT worth it. There are cheaper and cleaner hotels in KK in that same area.
Service at the reception was terrible, very rude and they showed clearly that they couldn't care less about customers,
Free wifi is available but doesn't work most of the time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 999dali

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and have been coming back to this hotel since 2005 for its location and also reasonable price. Not sure if all, but some rooms have been renovated as we got twice the new rooms which are very spacious since our last visit this year. Breakfast spread is good and wifi is working well in the rooms. This hotel is located within 2 minutes of walk away from Gaya Street which is famous for its Sunday Market. Banks and restaurants are available within the surrounding. Shopping complexes are just across the road. Open air live music at Jalan Pantai is also within walking distance. Staff are efficient.

Room Tip: Get the renovated rooms and with windows.
1 Thank hongching

Malaysia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Centrally Located, walking distance to most of the places within 5-20min, ATM, restaurant, shopping mall, Filipino market & etc. We spend one night at this hotel before we heading to Kinabalu National Park, the room given to us is dated. But the last night we were back to this hotel again after Kinabalu National Park, we were given a room on the new wing, which is much better.

Value, yes. Service, the staff try their best. Room come with bfast. Bed, comfy + 2 pillows were given on each twin bed. Convenience stores just few door away from hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for new wing, room are nicer. You may want to ask for a window room, as some of the room don'...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jamien O

Puerto Princesa, Palawan
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I booked this room for the location. It's close to Suri Sabah mall & Tong Hing, great places to find foreign foods to bring back to the Philippines. The staff was excellent, the building was nice, the shower was Great! The bed was comfy. The AC is always on unlike so many places in Asia that require your key card to turn it on. The free breakfast buffet was nice with fresh bananas, pineapple, coffee, tea, fruit juice, toast, coco & strawberry jam, baked beans (?), pancakes, potatoes, some chicken dish... There is an egg station where you can get eggs to order, but it was too busy for me to try. A hot water pot with instant coffee & tea are in the room along with bottled water (2 free bottles). This place may not be anything to brag about, but it is a nice place. I was on the 8th floor.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Dear Sir/Madam,

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel is in a good location right opposite two banks with ATMs (the hotel has no money changing facilities). It is close to the waterfront and a shopping mall. There is a convenience store almost next door. The Post Office is close by.
Reception is efficient. The rooms are average, rather faded but clean.
The Hunter's Bar serves meals including breakfast. Good selection of alcoholic drinks but loud Karaoke at night.
The hotel needs a good facelift but is a good place to stay. It is a business type hotel, not a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: There are smoking and non-smoking floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo