“Best value hotel in KK”

Ranked #14 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Sydney
“Best value hotel in KK”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed in a few places in KK mostly recommended on line. We found that this hotel was far and away the best value. It is in a great location, almost newly renovated and very attentive well spoken staff. They really care about this hotel and the rooms were exactly what we wanted. Clean, well appointed and great bathrooms.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christopher S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Shortly after arriving at the hotel we found out that there were some plumbing problems with our bathroom. After informing the staff they immediately offered us a different room, which was perfectly fine.

We were very happy with the outstanding service. after we left we found out that my boyfriend left his phone in the taxi. After contacting the hotel they managed to track down the taxi driver and got him to deliver the phone back to us at the airport.

Tip; chose a room on the front side of the hotel. The back side is facing an outdoor cafe, which has live music till 12.30 am

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank 0-Steph-89
Puchong, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

A lot of people gave me funny looks when i stayed here for my one week work trip due to previous bad reviews and previous conditions. However, as many will know now, the hotel has been renovated and upgraded and boasts one of the bigger modern rooms then most hotels in the vicinity. The price for this hotel is not that expensive but the rooms are comfortable, big, and the service here is excellent!! for any setbacks that happened during my stay, they made double the effort to ensure it was compensated and did not happen again.

If there is one feedback, for the movie channels it would be nice to offer Fox Movies or HBO rather then Cinemax.

Overall, definite recommendation to stay here when you are in KK, excellent location for food and excellent services (laundry, wifi & taxi services provided too!!)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank RojakLover
Singapore
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was very evident that everything was new. They just did a major renovation and upgrading project, I am sure. Everything - I mean EVERYTHING IS NEW. Everything was working perfectly. Wifi was fantastic. Housekeeping was attentive and cleaned our rooms each afternoon. There are slippers and toileteries provided; even a hairdryer in the toilet. Coffee and tea making sets; kettle; flat screen TV with cable channels; Good WiFi; plush towels; bottled water.
Staff was very attentive and accomodating.
Definitely a recommend.
I read some older reviews on Trip Advisor about this hotel. But really this is a NEW hotel. Really reasonable. And location location location. Everything important to me were within walking distance. Will definitely come again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Megamendong
Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I understand the feelings of those who stayed here before the upgrading/renovation. I stayed here too in 2006 and I know how worst the hotel was at that time. However, my second visit recently (June 2014) surprised me a lot. They recently renovated and upgrading the entire hotel. It also means that the title of a 'budget' hotel can be removed. It is no longer a budget hotel (I say a budget hotel cost lower than RM100 for 2 pax for 1 room). I was on my way to Kota Kinabalu from Kudat and 30 minutes before arriving, I called the hotel to make a last minute reservation. The employee was very friendly and polite. She quoted RM189.50 for superior king size non window and RM200.50 for room with window. (These are prices for 2 pax). Deluxe- a bit higher. I was quite shocked in the beginning. However, when I checked in, I understand why they fix that price for that room.

Reception- Employees greeted us politely and treated every customers equally with genuine smile, they will even say SELAMAT MALAM each time you entered the premise at night. Seems that they have not only upgraded their facilities but the service as well. Check in was smooth. Assigned to room 9413. Decor all over the floor going to rooms are wonderful. Totally different from my last visit in 2006. Photos attached to this review will tell you guys everything. I am 100% satisfied with this hotel improvement.

They do have some weaknesses though. They do not provide parking to all guest. You will have to park somewhere near to the hotel and of course during working days you car will be subjected to the City Hall parking fees. If you managed to get parking in front of the hotel or anywhere near on Sunday, you have to remove your car very early in the morning or better midnight Saturday. This is because of the Gaya street Market- yup every Sunday. They do not have a cafe of their own. It will be much better if they decide to open their own small cafe. Currently you can order food from the nearby DAILY UTAMA restaurant-the staff will send your order directly to your room.

Overall, I am satisfied. Will I be back? Yes but not frequently. Other hotels do offer greater rate although they are not newly renovated. I wish that one day the Management of this Hotel consider to erect their own cafe so that they can offer breakfast to guest and maybe scrap parking fees during working days? If paying RM189.50 comes with breakfast and parking, I will be surely become their frequent quest.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid noise from the outside market on Sunday or from the street outside, ask for a r...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank thecuriostraveller
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Trust me, its a nightmare staying here, I've no choice
To stay here as its located at the heart of Kk city. The moment i inetered the lift, it stinks.. Plugs in my room 301 was not working! Bad plumbling as well!! There are many budget hotels in this place, i'd made a mistake, you can avoid this !!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Harprit-Singh
Illinois
Reviewed 20 February 2008

We wanted to enjoy our holidays even though we were locals, we chose this hotel b'coz we thought its a nice budget hotel but we were so disappointed with the looks of it, i can only say i should have add some more money at other hotel rather than this one. I should say the hotel was not maintained well and the services were very poor. I never ever want to stay at this hotel anymore even if its free..

• Liked — None
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Mulan08