“Nice place”

Lavender Lodge
Trebon, Czech Republic
“Nice place”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We spend here 5 nights in August 2014 without any problem with booking and later booking change. Walking distance from all "attractions" in KeKe, even walking distance to the harbour. Just opposite, cross the street is huge seafood court, but nice other food options close around. 24 hrs shop nearby.
Both ladies (boss?) were nice and helpful. We missed more smiles from the staff.
Rooms were clean, not much space, bathroom and toilet OK.
Breakfest is standard toast and jam, so if you want to have more fun, go out to enjoy local breakfest.
I would choose it again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked the hotel via their reservation system on their website and also via email. Waited a few days, but no reply from the management so i called them. The receptionist told me that she need to wait for the boss to come back in order to check for the booking as the boss is the only person who can check the mail.

So I send out a second email. This time a guy by the name of Daniel replied. He confirm my booking and gave me the direction to go to Lavender Lodge. I even check with him about the payment which he replied that i only need to pay upon check in. A few days later, i email him again to book the room for another night. He replied after 2 days stating that its already being added in.

Few days before I travel, i did call the hotel again just to check whether the booking is confirm, the receptionist who answered my call said my name is not in the list, she asked me to email. I told her i already email and Daniel already confirm my booking, so she said if boss already confirm means my room is available and sounds a bit annoyed as i keep asking her. So i didn't check further with her and leave it as it is.

On the day of arrival, i went straight to Lavender Lodge to check in. The receptionist check for my name and told me that my name is not in the list there. The boss put my name in Hotel Victoria and even show me the hand written paper which has my name on it. She said both hotel is under the same boss. I told her no cause i book for Lavender Lodge and Hotel Victoria was not mention at all in my email with Daniel. She insisted that there is no room in Lavender Lodge and asked me to go to Hotel Victoria and put me on the phone with her boss.

The guy who talk to me which i believe is Daniel seems to be a bit clueless and said that my name is in Hotel Victoria. I said in our email conversation, Hotel Victoria was not mention even once and i only got to know about it when i reach KK. Then he asked to talk to the receptionist and later on the receptionist asked me to go to Hotel Victoria.

So, without any option, i had to walk to hotel victoria. the receptionist there is friendlier than the 1 in lavender lodge. she said they don't have my booking but they do have a room as i requested but no hot water and i have another option which is the dormitory. she asked me to check out the room first then only decide which 1 i would go for.

in the end, we chose the double deluxe room without hot water and with low water pressure because the room look better than the dormitory. they even gave a 50% discount because they said its their fault. But i am really not happy with all this mess up although we got the room with a cheaper price. Am really disappointed with Lavender Lodge management.

Worst place to stay and i wont stay here again when i go bk to KK. i am willing to pay more and get a better hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kristinah87
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is a decent, friendly hotel in the heart of KK. The rooms are small (ours had no window) but they are clean, and if you're not looking for luxury, the price is very reasonable indeed. Breakfast is on the basic side, but not to be sniffed at for what you're paying.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a double deluxe room.
It was very clean, very quiet,very comfortable bed. Little bathroom. Sinpletly sufficient and all you need. With ac and fan.
The stuff was really nice.we wanted to stay one day longer spontaneously and it was no problem at all. We could even leave and they mived our laguages as we had to change rooms.
We came late for breakfast hours- no problem. We could use their plates and kitchen to make our breakfast.
This place is really recomandable!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EAS_BP
sydney
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I highly recommend Lavender Lodge as a place to stay in K.K. The staff are friendly and helpful and keep this place spotlessly clean .
There is a great restaurant around the corner serving roti chanai for breakfast as we prefer Indian breakfast when in Asia,
We stayed in the double delux as it has private bathroom and it was very good value for money .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hubs and I had our first adventure here in Kota Kinabalu ... Since we haven't been here before i did my research on TripAdvisor and walaaa found this Lodge .. Since the price and reviews were awesome i decided to make a booking .. The best thing i feel for motels and backpackers in the KK city area , all they require for booking is name and a phone number ... They dont even ask for any deposits . Anyways my review ,

PROS:
-The room , bedding and all were clean and comfortable . Even when i booked two nights straight for the queen deluxe room, they do house keeping daily and wash ALL bathrooms daily even the dorms..
-Breakfast was included in the room rate .
-Walking distance to a lot of places such as Philippine market with was 10-15mins walk, theres a minimart next door, since we went during fasting month there were a few bazaars going on about 3mins walk from the hotel . Prime location .
-Love that they had a laundromat opposite the street and they can do same day washing as well..=)

CONS:
-If your staying here more than 2days you'll get tired of the boring toast breakfast they serve (bread,jam,margarine, fruit that comes with tea/coffee). But u can request for refills if u need more.
-WIFI was available however wasn't so strong unless u sit at the dining and entrance area . (1st and 2nd night we stayed in the back room on the 1st floor there was NO signal at all and on the 4th night we stayed on the ground floor same level as reception and even then the signal wasn't that good.. huhuhu).

All in all we enjoyed our trip and the main thing was that it was clean, comfortable and the staff was friendly and nice.. =)

Room Tip: If your traveling with a partner r a group of friends.. taking up the deluxe or quadroom is awesome...