“BEST LAKSA IN KK”

Kedai Kopi Yee Fung
Ranked #10 of 664 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had to do a lot of research on where to get the best local laksa in KK. The name of this restaurant came up and heck, why not. I'm a solo traveler that loves to eat so I had some expectations.

I went there between 9 - 10am on a Thursday and it was busy! I was surprised with the amount people that were already there. Mostly locals and Asian tourists.

Had a large bowl of Laksa that was priced at 9 ringgit. I loved the flavor, it had a good taste to it. I wish that it was spicier. But I did love the sweetness of the coconut curry in it.

The only thing I can say is that it is a little bit overpriced. And the large bowl looked more like a small - medium sized bowl for that price. So that was the only thing that threw me off.

The experience was lovely. Will definitely go back again and recommend this to others.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is amazing to see so many tourists & local people streaming into this coffee shop along Gaya Road. Once I taste the delicious Laksa, it become easy to understand the real draw. Certainly a must place to go when visiting KK.

BTW, it is more worth to order Large at RM8 (I ordered Small at RM7 & realized that my neighbors had bigger prawns for just RM1 more)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

aside from laksa, their beef noodle and claypot chicken rice are also excellent. there is something for everyone

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch on arrival from KL. Be prepared to wait for a table or a share a table with someone. Staff were very efficient with service and taking food orders etc. A well oiled team. I had the makes which was delicious. As I have not had ant other laksa in Sabah, I can't compare but open to the idea of returning to try the chicken claypot rice or ngau chap (beef noodles) if I have the opportunity whilst still in KK.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Especially Claypot Chicken Rice is a must to order. It was so delicious and tasty. Moreover Laksa was good as well. This is place is No 1 for me here

1  Thank Wichai N