“Excellent Joint!!”

Price range: US$0 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Been the talk of the town since 2000, serving only the best and fine western cuisine. Local authentic upcoming. International fine wines, cocktails, mocktails, spirits and beers. Cozy, family friendly enviroment. A place you feel at home. Must try.
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Was in KK 4 my galfren Bday w grt frens. On our last night, we ended up at Brass Monkey.
Mr Raj the owner wen to grt lengths 2 prepare our dinner.
4 starters the soup w awesome n followedby our main course.
My Honey Mustard Chicken w beyond words. Everyone of us enjoyed our last night in KK w grt staff fr Brass Monkey.
To mr Raj n staff, thanks alot 4 a grt meal & gd time.
Chocolate pudding was js 2 good...
Thanks a million!!

Reviewed 1 September 2011

This was a fun place to go, especially the ape masks they have and a nice change from Malaysia if you've had a lot, but I didn't feel the steak we had was worth £20 each and the traffic was quite noisy so just surprised it is rated quite so high. Very good service but would choose something cheaper next time.

1  Thank mikeyjonesy
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I went there last year with friends, they nearly took 1 hour to serve our dishes. Never go back to this place.

3  Thank marsha1122
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My girlfriend and I have just had the most fantastic experience in the Brass Monkey. The staff, atmosphere and the food are out of this world. The NZ tenderloin was melt in the mouth and after our main, Raja the owner offered us his speciality chocolate desert, WOW! Special thanks to Amy for the great service. We will return:))

1  Thank Ingramb
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Had dinner here on 2 occasions whilst in KK and had two absolutely fantastic evenings.
If you are in Borneo and are getting a bit tired of noodles and rice and fancy a bit of old fashioned steak and chips (they have Wagu too) then look no further than here.The steaks are cooked to perfection (my daughter had the salmon and loved it too) and the serivce is as good as you will get anywhere in the world.Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and they are always happy and smiling,I absolutely loved it.
The restaurant itself was about 10-15 mins cab ride from our hotel (Shangri-La Tanjong Aru) but its well known by the cab drivers.Its slighty off the normal tourist trail but dont let this put you off.I liked the way the whole restaurant was kind of open plan and you could see into the kitchens,which were exceptionally clean,as was the restaurant and it was nice and cool in the main dining area.
Prices were very good too,and the wine list was very reasonable.
I had a good chat to the tall Indian chef who was very charming and told us a bit of history about the restaurant,I think he said its owned by his uncle who I also spoke to who comes from Penang.We were the only Westerner's there on the fist occasion which in itself was a bit of a plus but dont let that put you off.
Ater our meal ,Abraham,our waiter even gave us a lift back to our hotel in the owners car!
I cant praise this place enough.YOU MUST TRY IT. 10/10