“Personal Food”

Ranked #22 of 572 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Enjoy contemporary western cuisine in an inviting beachfront setting at this exceptionally designed, award-winning restaurant. The outdoor terrace offers an unrivalled place to toast the Borneo sunset with one of our specialty cocktails.Coast Restaurant also offers three private, thatched gazebos for a truly memorable beachside dining experience.
Hamilton UK
“Personal Food”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I had a traumatic brush with death. We then visited this fine venue, My ability to chew and swallow was severely compromised. When this was explained to the Chef de Cuisine he prepared my food to suit my requirements, explaining beforehand what we was to do. My darling wife was also knocked over by the quality and presentation of the menu, quality and value of this place. If you can, visit at least twice before you are not on the planet any longer. We went 5 times. A true Michelin 2, were it available over there.

• Visited September 2011

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
“Coast for breakfast excellent dinner stay away!”
Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

I am currently staying here in the Ocean Wing which is lovely. it definitely away from the noisier kid friendly side of the hotel and a great oasis especially if you have just climbed Mt. Kinabalu like we did.

I am here to write about Coast restaurant which for breakfast is wonderful. Lovely attentive service staff that know you by your name and do their very best to help you out. The food spread is also very large and good quality.

I would not however recommend coast for dinner. Though it is the only 'fancy' restaurant in The hotel - it is over priced and not worth it. Firstly, anything that says 'coast speciality' should be avoided. We ordered the coast crab appetizer with mangoes. And it was like crab from a can with a mango sorbet for appetizer? It was not tasty. For mains, my boyfriend had the sea bass, which I tasted and was not fresh and tasted overly fishy. I had the Coast speciality lobster lasagne which was not what you would have thought- it was 2 inches round and was NOT filling or delicious and wasn't even resembling a lasagne. For 78 MYR for a dish that was appetizer portion we were severely disappointed in quality and portions. And the lobster is not fresh real lobster it was a purée blend. I only wish I took photos. But I was so disappointed I couldn't be bothered.

Please avoid this place and only go for drinks.
Even the bread was stale. sigh. Suggestion? Fantastic for breakfast over looking the beach, horrific for dinner. please do not waste your time.

Merseyside
“Lovely food”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Great food, reasonable service - we had booked one of the gazebo's but a couple of time we were waiting for a member of staff to come out so we could order things. It was also too hot to spend the full night out there unfortunately.

Visited May 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best place to eat at Rasa Ria”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

It was fantastic, excellent food, ambiance and service. Restaurant is in an excellent location and the decor and lighting is really romantic.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank sus238
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Lack of atmosphere and ambience killed what should have been refined dining experience. Food quality good but overall the experience didn't cut it as either fine dining nor chic restaurant.
Since the layout is the same as the morning breakfast setting albeit with white linen it seems this restaurant has an identity crisis and needs a rethink.

Visited July 2012