“Excellent Local Specialties”

Chong Choon Cafe
Ranked #14 of 624 Restaurants in Kuching
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had the Sarawak Laksa and the Kolo mee and both tasted really good. The mee goreng there looked really good as well but since I was alone, I had to give it a miss.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Laksa was ok. So were the kolo mee and mee jawa. We ordered porridge for my son and he seemed to enjoy it. The downside is, it was too hot inside and I was actually expecting better food after reading all the reviews. Don't what the raves were all about... The price was reasonable but I don't know, is it me or people here just don't know how to smile more?

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The stalls serve the local delicacies such as Sarawak Laksa and Konlo Mee which were tasty. However the crowd was large and we had to wait for a table to be ready and then we had to wait again for the food to be served.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The kolo mee and laksa here are nice.

Be early, don't come after 11am.

The location of the shop is at Jalan Abell, somewhere in front the Public Mutual office.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Being accused by the waitress for the extra drinks that I never ordered. She is so rude & no manner.
I ordered 2 cups of coffee. Kopi o (small) and kopi c (large). When the drinks came, 3 cups of coffee were served.
I told the lady waitress I did not order 3 cups of coffee. She wasn't happy and yet blamed me for ordering 3 cups instead of 2. I insisted and keep telling her i didn't ordered the 'extra' coffee. She went off with the 'extra' coffee, her mouth still mumbled and accused me.
Gosh...really spoilt my day! The shop owner should look into this matter.