“awesome hostel in the centre of kuching”

Borneo Seahare Guesthouse
“awesome hostel in the centre of kuching”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in! Greg was an amazing host and very knowledgeable thank you for making me feel so welcome :) I can't wait to come back and see Greg again! It was bang in the center of town, 5mins from the waterfront. I'm missing the place so much I have already booked my flights for next year. See you guys soon!x

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Home sweet home! My 11-days stay at Borneo was in one word amazing. Initially, I booked only a few nights, but the extreme friendliness of Amy and Greg, the cozy and personal atmosphere of the hostel and the numerous activities to do in the vicinity made me keep extending my stay. The hostel is extremely clean, has a great atmosphere (it truly felt like home!), is located very well (and location will be perfect when moved to the new location), and Amy and Greg are just lovely people, doing everything to make your stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. I would stay here over and over and over again; this is definitely the place to go in Kuching!

• Stayed April 2014
State of Bremen, Germany
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Borneo Seahare Guesthouse is defintely the best backpackers I´ve ever stayed in. I met so many great people here and I enjoyed the time in Kuching so much. (I extended my stay twice) The owner (Greg & Amy) are so friendly, helpful and nice! Awesome! Everything was perfect, the bathrooms & bedrooms were clean, the aircon was working and the atmosphere was just great. The best hostel experience in my life so far!

I highly recommend this hostel!! I will come back some day!”

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

There is no other place in Kuching I would stay. I stayed for 2 weeks. Clean, comfortable, and the two best hosts I've met in SEA. Amy and Greg are amazing and really made the place feel like a home. Will definitely stay again when I return to Kuching.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Landing into Kucking with no plans and while looking for a place to stay I ran into Greg, who owns this warm cozy guesthouse ‘SEAHARE’.
If travelling on a tight budget this is one the Best places to stay as the guesthouse has an option for both, a Dorm and rooms with air conditioning. Beds are comfortable and clean as well as the toilets with hot water 24/7.
But above all what stands out are the wonderful residents of this guesthouse
GREG - an individual with a greater understanding of life and an interesting person to talk to. Having lived in Kuching for a couple of years he has an in depth knowledge and understanding of the local people and their culture, tradition and political status of the country.
He is also a man of adventure who tags along for all activities like Kayaking, Trekking, Cycling and would be more than happy to join in on a well deserved chilled can of beer at the end of the day... I miss these times !!!!!!
AMY - The heart and soul of the guesthouse. A wonderful and soulful individual who takes care of everyone who goes there, she is amongst one of the most simple and down to earth persons I have ever come across.
No matter how late she goes to bed and irrespective of how tired she might be, she makes it a point to wake up every morning at 4:30 to prepare the simple breakfast for the guests. She manages the place as perfect as it can be.
She is a perfect guide if you need to know about the local restaurants, food and dishes. She is also a very easy person to talk to and talking to her would make you feel like you know her for ages.

To sum it up, when you leave the guest house you would have made two great friends that would make you look forward to return again just to be with them and Chill...

I would say it’s not all about the places you visit but mostly about the people you meet on your journey that makes for a great travel experience. I really appreciate what both of you have done for me ... am looking forward to seeing you both very soon. Hugs Joseph!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a great place to stay in Kuching. The English owners Greg and Amy are very helpful and make you feel at home. Free toast and jam for breakfast, plenty to get you started for the day ahead. The guesthouse is in the center of town and only five minutes walk from from the water front. I would stay there again and definitely recommend this place to any one visiting Kuching.

• Stayed March 2014
Changsha, China
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I booked for 11 nights at Borneo Seahare and thankfully it is an amazing place to stay! The hostel is very clean with good hot showers (not something you would get everywhere in Borneo for the same price). It is a small hostel but I think that makes it perfect for individual travellers or people looking to make new friends. You get to know everyone in the hostel and its easy to fom a group. We had a couple of hostel nights out and excursions. Greg and Amy are also amazing hostel owners they made me feel completely at home. I felt like I was staying with friends rather than in a hostel. They were also very helpful in giving information of what to do around Kuching and have the bus info on a notice board meaning you can get around easily and cheaply.

I would recommend this hostel to people of any age looking for a relaxed and friendly time in Kuching, I had no complaints although high maintenance/ hotel loving types would probably fare better elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Gregkuching, Manager at Borneo Seahare Guesthouse, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Clare L

Thank you for you review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us - it's always nice when our guests are able to spend a bit longer in the area, and really make the most of the whole experience.

Everybody here wishes you the best back in China, and hopefully we will see you again!

Thanks! :)