“A hotel that is first choice in kuching for R&R”

Century Kuching Hotel
Ranked #42 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
Singapore
“A hotel that is first choice in kuching for R&R”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

This is my third stay in four points sheraton kuching... I came by this hotel in 2010 for business trip and I was very pleased with the standards at such a reasonable room rate. Thereafter I revisited in jan & oct 2011 for personal R&R trip...

The rooms are clean, stylish, fresh carrying the standards of sheraton brand. The thing I like most is the swimming pool, large in size and clean. The bistro cafe also serves very gd pastries & ice-cream. This hotel is definately a thumbs up. Not forgetting to mention there are also a wide choice of local food opposite the hotel which let u have a taste of local kuching food.

However the location of the hotel is abit off city, you will need to tap on the free hotel shuttle to town which is about 15 mins away or take a cab which cost about RM 20 to 25.

But this does not stop me chosing to stay at four points sheraton kuching... I target to revisit in the next few months.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank brenda21
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2011
Hi Brenda21,

Thanks for your excellent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I am pleased that the Four Points team have been able to consistently exceed your expectations since you first visited in 2010.

The team works hard to get things the basics right and it great to be recognized when we have delivered.

Please let me know when you next plan to visit Four Points, so that we can continue to look after you.

Paolo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Indonesian first
Sibu, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and two daughters for one weekend. We chose the hotel for the competitive price. The service was very good but it's apparent that the hotel is no longer in a pristine condition. The bathtub in our room was broken and there was a broken tile in the bathroom. The beds are of decent quality but the room deco didn't make it very inviting to rest in the room. The hotel just seemed devoid of character. We didn't find anything memorable or remarkable. This despite the fact that this hotel is a four-star hotel. I don't think I'll make a return trip unless there are good offers for their suites. I heard the premium suites are pretty good. And one gripe is that it doesn't offer free wifi access in the rooms. Wifi in public areas are free but we didn't get to test it out.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pennylaw
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2011
Hi Pennylaw,

Thanks for your recent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching! I was pleased to read that the service delivered exceeded your expectations. The Four Points prides itself on delivering service from the heart and it looks like we have delivered on this occasion.

I have also noted your feedback on in terms of the style and design of the rooms. The Four Points brand is one of the select service brands of Starwood and we focus on delivering the basics with modern stylish rooms at great value. In addition, the I am sorry that the room condition did not live up to your expectations. I have passed on your concerns to our team members so that this can be fixed as soon as possible.

I have also noted your comments with regard to Wifi and while this is not offered in room we do have free Wifi in the public areas of the hotel. We do also have room packages which are WIfi inclusive.

Should your travels take you back to Kuching, please do not hesitate to contact me so that we can look after you.

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stay for 1 day and I love the room.the bed is very comfortable, room layout is very nice.this might be one of the best hotel I ever stay. Breakfast choice it's superb.for sure will be here again in future trip to kuching

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
Hi kazama82,

Thanks for your recent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I was pleased to read that the breakfast buffet at The Eatery exceeded your expectations. Our selection has been aligned with all Four Points in Asia Pacific to ensure we give our guests a sufficient selection that caters to various tastes. I was also happy to read that you enjoyed our award winning Four Points Comfort Bed. I have noted that you commented on our rates, at Four Points we pride ourselves on offering Great Rooms at Great Low Rates. I urge you to shop around and compare us with the other branded hotels in Kuching and you will find we offer the great value.

Hope to see you back in the hotel soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Arrived on a Sunday evening. Free shuttle bus from the airport is quite good, but arrived in a fairly large hotel with not many people in it. A fairly soulless place. The room was a reasonable size, but again, fairly sterile, devoid of any character and completely soulless. I stay in quite a lot of hotels and I'll be trying a different hotel the next time I come to Kuching.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Hi AshleyNicholas,

Thanks for your recent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching. While I was pleased to read that you appreciated our Free Airport Shuttle. I was concerned to hear that we have failed to meet your expectations in terms of the style and design of the hotel. The Four Points brand is one of the select service brands of Starwood and we focus on delivering the basics with modern stylish rooms at great value. The hotel is positioned as a business hotel with large convention facilities and has the largest inventory of rooms in Kuching and hence the large lobby.

I do thank your for your feedback and will shared this with the team because any physical shortcoming of a hotel can always be made up with genuine service from the heart.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed here for a conference recently, and found this to be a top notch place. The hotel is still very new, and is located in a quieter part of town, which is a plus point to me. It is literally minutes from the airport, and around RM20 fom the city's waterfront by taxi.

Room wise, everything is great - clean, properly appointed, with all the necessary amenities.

I found the service here to be top notch, with the check in staff really helpful, helping us variously with luggage, sightseeing tips, food advise, and even trying to help us locate our taxi after we left some shopping in the cab.

If you want to sample some locks delights, the shops opposite the hotel provides ample street food opportunities, with plenty of open air eateries, steamboat places, and seafood restaurants.

Only thing about this hotel is that it's not as centrally located as some might like. It's not a major sticking point to me, but some might find it inconvenient if they need to commute often to the city.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mozilla_monster
Hi mozilla_monster,

Thanks for your "service is top notch" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching. I was pleased to read that we have exceed your expectations. The team works hard to deliver our Four Points service from the heart and it looks like we have done so on this occasion.

I am also happy to read that you were able to enjoy some of the local kopitiams around. Let me know when you next plan to visit Kuching and can share with you some of the best ones I have tried.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Kuching.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I have stayed at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching twice and both stays were wonderful with excellent service at the front desk and The Eatery where I also had guests over for the buffet breakfast. The excellent service that was accorded to me and the genuine warmth from the staff gave me the feeling that I am most welcomed to the hotel. It is like going to a friend's house to stay and definitely not like some other cold and business like hotels that I have stayed. I stayed for business but will definitely stay when I am in Kuching for a holiday despite the distance it is from the city as I definitely feel at home both the times that I have stayed there. WIll continue to stay there for sure.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2011
Hi Syed Z,

Thanks for your "Excellent Service and Genuine Warmth" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching. I am pleased to read that our Front Desk and Eatery team exceeded your expectations. The team works hard to deliver Four Points-service from the heart and it is nice to recognized when we have delivered.

Please let me know when you plan your family trip to Kuching so we can look after you. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Selangor Darul Ehsan
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Stayed here for business & work for a night on Sep 29-30.

1. It doesn't have the Starwood typical welcoming guest of preferred guest/planner. The only thing that is different - card holder, which printed preferred guest.

2. Bath room facilities, a shock - the movable shower head could not stay in place. Keeps dropping. My home bathroom just exceeded this 'Starwood' chain standard.

3. Happened before, still happening. Cotton ear buds never a standard items in the Sheraton bathroom. Last experience, Sheraton Brunei (now changed ownership)

4. Internet is not complimentary - I remember informing customer personnel during the booking that I need internet access in the room. I was informed it would be complimentary, if it is chargeable. Well, it is RM50 a day. If this is a business hotel, then this is a major disappointment. Even 360 Urban Resort Hotel provides complimentary broadband in the room.

5. Malfunctioning iron - no wonder couldn't press my shirt well

Whether to consider staying here again, probably not. Seriously, one would have better option for business hotels in town.

Wishing you all the best.
Samuel Tan

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank SamuelTan
Hi SamuelTan,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.
We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay. I have noted your comments with regard to the shower and iron.

In addition, I have noted your comments with regard to our Starwood Preferred Guest program and rest assured that we are in compliance with the program benefits. Incremental benefits such as preferred rooms and upgrades come once you have accrued sufficient stays at Starwood Hotels & Resorts worldwide. In addition, like all Starwood properties worldwide we offer complimentary in room internet access to our most loyal platinum level SPG guests. Some of our amenities are available as guest request items and not set up in room, Four Points is a select service brand of Starwood and standards differ slightly from brand to brand. However should you wish to have ear buds set up in room for your future visits, please let me know so I can make arrangements.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.