Century Kuching Hotel
US$28
US$46
US$44
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The first thing that I noticed upon entering this hotel was the lighting condition at the reception.it is so poorly done . I checked in here for two nights since I am attending a course in the hotel. The room has a musty or damp smell to it, kind of strange for a new hotel. Wallpapers are peeling off and stained bathroom floor. The room also has poor lighting, I could hardly see my clothes while ironing it.
The room itself has good size to it and it looked like it has been professionally planned. The bed was very comfortable, I must say I slept off right after I hit the pillow :) bathroom is spacious and toiletries are satisfactory.

The training and function room located at the second floor, it was so dark as you walked it, half of the lights are not working.When I asked the banquet staff why it is not replaced,he told me 'to save money' ...

Staff are friendly but delivery is very slow.It was a long wait for most of my request such as opening the business centre, changing my room ( due to the smell) requesting for coffee from banquet staff etc

Location is poor, only that it is near to airport.

Overall I would say for the price we paid,it's alright.does it live up to the Sheraton brand? I don't think so at all. For one, hotel must have good ambience. This hotel at night made me feel a little depressed and could not wait for sunrise.

Would I return and run our course here again? Prob not.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Gracefulgrace
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Hi Gracefulgrace,

It is disappointing to know that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and I sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Guest comfort is very important to us and I will share your comments with the related departments for their attention and improvement.

Again, thank you for the gift of feedback and should you travel back to Kuching we hope we can welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

This was my second trip to Kuching and second time staying at the hotel.
The staff is friendly and they speak good English (with understandable pronounciation too). The hotel room is spacious (comfort room on first stay n decided to spoil ourselves with a junior suite thereafter).
And it was Christmas season on both occasions. I was wow-Ed by the creativity of the chefs. There was a whole gingerbread town, a chocolate iPhone (made a great gift...), etc.
I don't regret not exploring other options. Will be going back in June, hoping another great stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank DC8303sg

Hi DC8303sg,

Thanks for your “Awesome place to stay in” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We truly delighted that you enjoyed and rated 5 stars on us, always pleasing and such an honor to hear such positive feedback especially from our return and valuable guest like you.

Should you need assistant or concerns on your upcoming visit, please feel free reach to me at Ivan.Chai@fourpoints.com.

Again thanks for your kind feedback and looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

One of my fav place for breakfast.
Last stay was full of hiccup(you can refer to my previous review) but then i stayed here again last week. I went without booking, went to check in at 5pm, and the process was smooth. I was given a sixth floor room, high enough to have a great view of Kuching. Everything in the room was in perfect condition , and staffs at the cafe are more helpful this time. But no more chocopastry :(( And i was a bit late, reached the cafe at 8+am..the cook for noodles were no where to be found...sigh..

I'll be staying in Fourpoints again 17-19/5..hope all will be another great stay. PS: how do we get a free upgrade here?

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for better view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Hi arviena,

Thanks for your “Better service than last year :)” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are very happy with your favorable reviews and your continued support at our hotel. It is pleasing to hear such positive feedback's especially from our return and valued guest like you.

Sincerely apologize for the missing chef to assist in preparing your noodles, I will share your concerns with the department heads for improvement.

Please reach to me (Ivan.Chai@fourpoints.com) with your booking confirmation numbers on your upcoming stay? So I may assist and ensure you have another great stay with us.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

The hotel was big & super clean. Breakfast was wonderful.
Near to the airport so the airport transfer was free. Food stalls & minimarkets are in walking distance.
Huge rooms, huge marble bathroom, huge shower cubicle, huge bed :)
Design & decorations were basic.
Nice pool area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Hi Meilinda_Girsang,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and taking time to share your review of your recent stay here. It is pleasing to know that your overall experience at our hotel was a great one. Your highlights on our amazing location, great room designs and facilities are very much appreciated.

Once again thanks for the gift of feedback and should you travel back to Kuching, we hope we can welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed only 1 night, location near airport.
Big hotel and new building. Some of part still under renovation.

I have booked for pick up service from airport, waiting for 30 min for this service.

All rooms no smoking rooms.

Fitness center closed and no officer there.

Access way to swimming pool via restaurant, isnt comfort for me, and closed too early until 6 pm.

Service when breakfast time was bad.

Not value for money.
Not recommended.

Wifi access isnt free in room and rate is too expensive.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Arifien

Hi Arifien,

Thank you for your review and taking the time to provide feedback.

I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations and apologize for any discomfort or inconvenience caused.

We hope that this less than satisfactory stay on this occasion will not deter you from coming back to our hotel. Should you allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future, please feel free to contact me (Ivan.Chai@fourpoints.com) so I may be able to assist and ensure the necessary enhancements are in place for a great stay. We hope we can welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.