Century Kuching Hotel
56 Hotel(Kuching)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Very close to Airport. Large room. Too bad internet is not free. It'd be a really great business hotel if the internet were free. Bathroom spacious with bathtub and separate shower cubicle. Robes and slippers provided. Ironing board and iron provided. In room safe. Fridge and kettle with coffee and tea making facilities. The Eatery on the ground floor serves buffet for dinner. It was a really good spread and very affordable. There were seafood, including fresh oysters, Italian, local dishes, wider spread of dessert, etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Hi Megamendong,

Thanks for your “Big spacious room, modern fittings” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are very pleased with your kind words and appreciate your highlights on our great food serve and uncomplicated facilities. I will share your compliments with the team and I am sure they are delighted with the great feedback!

Right at the moment we have Free Wifi available in our public areas (Lobby) and 2 terminals available at our Wrapped Deli outlet for our in-house guest usage..

Again, thank you for the gift of feedback and we hope we can welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

Cheers,

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Do not stay here if you want to explore Kuching on foot. It is a 25-40 minute cab ride depending on traffic. And if you want to go to the cultural village or area surrounding, that's an hour away. However, it does put you closer to the Semenggoh Nature Reserve with the orangutans.

The hotel was nice, good bar and restaurant, decent pool.

Our room was good, no major complaints! Nice television service and the bed was comfortable.

The food in the (enormous) restaurant was good, but we were often the only diners in the evening. The breakfast buffet was good, but I felt like we had to wait quite a while just for coffee.The little cafe across from the restaurant has nice food and will give it to you for takeaway. You can also buy wine in the cafe (same prices as the bar).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ammille

Hi ammille,

Thanks for your “FAR from Kuching/ close to airport” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

Appreciate your positive feedbacks and highlights regarding our excellent locations and great hospitality. Indeed we are well-located which is close to the transport hubs (Kuching International Airport & Kuching Sentral the Regional Bus Terminal), industrial area and shopping (The Spring Shopping Malls, Boulevard Hyper Malls, City One Mega Malls). Plus just right opposite our hotel there’s plenty of local food stalls available for grab.

I will share your compliments with our F&B and culinary teams on the good food they serve and not to forget will highlight your concerns on the slow service on the drinks.

We hope that your good impression of our hotel will bring you back to the Four Points when you are next in Kuching.

Cheers,

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Very disappointed with the cleanliness of the room & response to complaint. I was sharing a room with a friend & found the shower room was flooded after he showered. But since we were in hurry for dinner, I forced myself in for my shower. We complained & the problem was solved. When we brushed our teeth before bedtime, we found that the sink was also blocked. We complained the next morning & was shocked to find that no action was taken when we came back in the evening. However, the room is big & comfortable. It's well located & the hotel provide free shuttle to airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alphonsus66
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Hi Alphonsus66,

Thanks for your review and taking time to share with us.

We appreciate your helpful notes concerning the bathroom room cleanliness and conditions, which marred your stay experience with us. I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused and service lapsed especially on no body entertained your feedback's which you have shared with our associates. I will personally look into this concerns with the teams, appreciate if you could share with me your room number and date of stay so I can investigate further on this!

Should you travel back to Kuching please allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, and contact me (Ivan.chai@fourpoints.com) directly so we can ensure you have comfortable stay with us.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

i stay in this hotel a few time before, but this time was a very big disappointment.
The some of the light in the room doesn't work, the wallpaper need to be re-do, as there is a lot of water marks and wallpaper opening. the phone it self is missing a few button and not working well.
For something we paid for like the internet its really not meeting its requirement.
the bathtub can not be fill as the water tab can not maintain at the open position by it self (keeps on sliding down and turning off itself). hot water gone cold half way showering. and the water taps are all quite dirty at the corner.
There is also a few water marks on the table which looks very UN-neat.

Overall this stay of mine was very disappointed, the price is cheap but the quality of the hotel is very bad. I feel like i just stay in a 2 star hotel instate of a Sheraton hotel.

The Hotel really need to take note and up a class if you want to maintain the name of Sheraton.
Will give this hotel 1 more try the next trip going there, but if there is still no improvement will totally book another hotel as its totally not worth the effed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Yeakemi,

Welcome back and it is disappointing to know that we did not meet your expectations this time round, I sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I would really appreciate if you can share with me your room number and date of stay so I can personally look into the matters as guest comfort is very important to us and I will share your comments with the related departments for their immediate attention and improvement.

Again, thanks for the gift of feedback and should you travel back to Kuching we hope we can welcome you back to the Four Points and please reach to me (Ivan.chai@fourpoints.com) directly so I may assist with your accommodation arrangement.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have been VERY unimpressed with the hotel. the rugs, carpeting are so old and dirty. You are not provided with internet. The bathroom toliet was dirty, hair on the floor and in the sink, no extra things in the bathroom like tissue, etc. Only Asian hotel I have been to that has no extra toiletries except shampoo and conditioner. Was given only two towels, no washcloth or hand towel and one soap. The shower was grimy with grout somewhat moldy and gross. We had to change room because the one room smelled. I think there had been water damage.
The staff was nice. The breakfast was not very good and we got there at 10:10 and they hurried us out by 10:30 including turning out the lights. The draperies old and dirty and the carpet around the bed was dirty. Even the wood floor needs redoing. THIS HOTEL NEEDS UPDATING!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Hi Suki Hendricks W,

Thanks for your “hotel that needs updating” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

About your concerns please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall and inconvenience caused. I will share your concerns with our Front Office Manager, F&B Manager and Executive Housekeeper for their immediate attention as your feedback is important and certainly will assist us in continue to make improvements on our product, facilities and services to meet our guest expectations and enhance their experience.

Should you travel back to Kuching we hope we can welcome you back to Four Points, please contact me (Ivan.Chai@fourpoints.com) so I may assist with your requirements and ensure your next stay with us is a pleasant.

Yours Sincerely,