“Excellent”

Ranked #45 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Doha
“Excellent”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

An excellent hotel in close vicinity of the Airport. Room sizes are good and toilets are very well maintained. Very cooperative staff and prompt room service. Breakfast is great with wide range of cuisine. Complimentary shuttle service for Airport and city.

• Stayed June 2013
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Hi Khursheed K,

Thanks for your “Excellent” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive sight with us. We are delighted to know that we meet your expectations, compliment our great room sizes, food spreads and our associates were able to make you feel welcomed. I will share your kind compliment to the related departments and for sure your kind words will motivate them to do the best.

Should you travel back to Kuching, we hope we can welcome you back to Four Points by Sheraton.

Guest Experience Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I booked few weeks before my trip.

The room was ready when we arrived and the checkin process was fast.
Great Kuching city view from the room. nearby are Chinese hawkers, for muslim need to go further into the city to eat.

The room was great and spacious, but lack of maintenance. The bathroom condition should be improved.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Abg Abd Rasyid A
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Hi Abg Abd Rasyid A,

Thanks for your “Great Room and Service” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are glad to know that you were pleased with our services, great room spaces and remarkable views from the room. Rest assured, currently we are working hard on improving our bathroom condition.

Again thanks for your favorable feedback and hope your kind impression will bring you back.

Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Excellent location near to Airport which is fantastic. Room is spacious. The road leading to the hotel is paved with bricks and both sides lined with potted plants gives the guests a pleasant feeling. Negative: Bathroom tap was not working.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Hi Antony D,

Thanks for your “Best Hotel to Stay in Kuching” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are delighted to read your favorable review and thanks for taking time to share it with us. I sincerely apologies on the faulty bathroom water tap, I will share it with our engineering and housekeeping to identify and get it fix.

Should your next trip travel back to Kuching, we hope your nice impression will bring you back to the Four Points by Sheraton.

Irvine, California
Reviewed 1 September 2013

4 Stars are for complimentary airport shuttle(they offered city transfer too but not sure complimentary or not, if it is, that will be great), location which has a fantastic Asian food court right across and the spacious comfortable lobby.
Delivering the service NEEDS LOTS OF TWEAKING! Room has no hand towel when we checked into the room, had to request and the service not prompt, had to request again to ensure delivery. Also Front Desk DOES NOT know what is a Starwood Preferred Guest Plus which is equivalent to Starwood Gold Minus the 50% Bonus Points. When asked for complimentary upgrade or possible complimentary club lounge access, Front Desk said the hotel does not has club lounge?!?
Room is spacious but restroom not as clean in term of corners between the walls and floors and alongside on certain area. Housekeeping definitely NEEDS to pay attention on cleanliness of room. Also, we brought back some fruits one evening and needed a fruit peeler, the hotel has no fruit peeler and cannot provide knife. They offered to cut the fruits for us BUT NOBODY SHOWED UP AS PROMISED to pick up the fruits that evening. Not a big deal but definitely showing the hotel needs to work on improving customer service by being prompt and follow up. I REMEMBERED I stayed in a hotel that every time I requested something through IN ROOM GUEST SERVICE PHONE, the operator ALWAYS FOLLOW UP after each request. I guess because is 4-Points by Sheraton, that is why the service is 4-points by Sheraton standard worldwide??!?
The road leading to the hotel is paved with bricks and both sides lined with potted plants gives the guests a wrong perception that this is a pedestrian walkway instead of road. I and my 7 years old daughter were caught off guard on separate occasion by those cars that sped so fast on this brick-paved road. STRONGLY RECOMMEND that the hotel request the relevant authority to put speed bumps on each side of this bricked-paved road so that drivers will need to brake when using this road to ensure safety of the guests. My 7 years old did not realize this is a road, thinking is a private pedestrian walkway, nearly hit by a car that drove so fast on this road that I nearly had an heart attack. I was caught off caught 2 days ago but luckily, the car was slow and I quickly retract my steps.
I hope to see all these above mentioned can be improved when I viist this hotel in the future,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hi starojupiter,

Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed review of your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

We are always grateful when we receive feedback from our guests as this certainly allows us to learn where we did well and those where we need to improve on. We are sorry to hear that not all aspects of your stay were met to your satisfaction and please accept our sincere apologies for the failing and inconvenience caused. Your feedbacks are much appreciated and I have shared your constructive comments to our Housekeeping, Engineering, Security and Front Office departments for their attention and follow up with their teams.

We are committed to making continuous improvements to meet our guest requirements and enhance their experience with us.

Should you travel back to Kuching, we hope we can welcome you back to Four Points by Sheraton and please feel free reach to me (Ivan.Chai@fourpoints.com) directly so I can assist with your accommodation arrangement.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Luckily we spent only one night in this hotel.
What a terrible experience... as we arrived by taxi the doorman was busy to chat with his colleague, so we carry our luggage on our ow.
Not a big trouble but signal clear enough.
Receptionist done his job quickly and efficiently, we proceed to the room nr. 845.
Such a dirty and unprepared room I didn´t saw yet - no towels, no toiletries, no bottled water...
Worst is to come - when I entered the bathroom I realised that most likely the housekeeping visited this area before year 2000 last time.
Dirty floor, stains everywhere, mouldy armatures - disgusting!
We didn´t bother to ask for different room as it was already late evening and we had early start the day after but in the morning I shared my feeling with reception.
For the response from the management I am still waiting.
Summary:
avoid to stay in this hotel for all costs.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EnjoyAll
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Hi EnjoyAll,

Thank you for staying at the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching. We are grateful for your feedback and taking the time to share it with us, regret to learn your recent stay with us is not comfortable especially on the room cleanliness. Please accept our sincere apologies for the service lapses and the inconvenience caused to you. Rest assured, your feedback is important to us and your concerns will be raised with the executive housekeeper and housekeeping departments for their immediate attention and take corrective actions.

Should you allow us the opportunity to serve you again, please do not hesitate to contact me (Ivan.Chai@fourpoints.com) directly so I may be able to assist with your accommodation requirements and ensure you have a pleasant stay.

Guest Experience Team

Travellers are raving about these Kuching hotels

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Tired and not too clean. The actual bedroom is just about OK but the real shocker is the bathroom. Stained and dirty tiles, a shower that does not drain, no bar of soap at all and the most miserable shower/shampoo bits I have seen for years. Usual but annoying rip off for internet access.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Hi mbodyLondon,,

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us. I am sorry to know that you experienced some discomfort during your stay and I sincerely apologize on this.

In order for me to investigate further especially on the bathroom conditions, please share with me the room number and dates of your stay, so we can correct and prevent this from happening again to any of our guests. Please contact me personally at Ivan.Chai@fourpoints.com looking forward to hear from you.

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel is average for its price. Rooms are okay however the corridors and the elevators are in a pretty bad shape. Also the location is acceptable for Business Trips but for a Vacation travellers, this place is nowhere near any places of inrerest.

• Stayed August 2013
Hi Saujatya G,

Thanks for your “Average place with good service” review for Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, noted on your concerns about our elevators and corridors I will share your concern with our engineering teams for their attention. At the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, we care for our guests and always do our best to provide them with enjoyable and uncomplicated experience.

Thank you once again for providing such a positive review and look forward to welcoming you back.