“Very near to Kuching Airport!”

Century Kuching Hotel
Ranked #48 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is the nearest hotel to Kuching Airport. Less than 3 minutes drive. However, as a Muslim, I have difficulty to find any good halal restaurant nearby (walking distance). The room is spacious and comfortable. Lighting is good. Even though the check-in is smooth, the person just gave me the room key without even giving any further instruction such as breakfast time, location of restaurant etc.

Room Tip: Any room is suitable - all are comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Hi MrTravelMalaysia,

Thanks for your “Very near to Kuching Airport” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

Indeed, we located one of the strategic locations in Kuching, ideal for both whether you are here for the leisure and business travelers, and an easy access to local attractions, shopping, transport, entertainment and business district. As well many of our guests have also expressed their pleasure on our great room designs with stunning views of airport or city.

I sincerely apologies on the little short falls from our Front Desk associates during the check-in process, I have highlighted your concerns with our Front Office Manager for his attention and improvement.

We hope your good experience will bring you back to the Four Points by Sheraton.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Located near a commercial area very near to the airport, within walking are local dining places. Lots of options. Chinese hawker fares are aplenty in the commercial area which is near the hotel.

At first glance, the high ceiling in the empty lobby seems decent and slightly upmarket for a Four Points property. It's when you see things at a closer angle then only things become askewed to horrid. Gaudy looking gold tree in gold pots and fake plastic flowers aplenty stick out like a sore thumb in the once modern designed hotel decor public area.

Large rooms with a nice full length glass window equipped with large toilet and tub. No fridge, was told by the staff it is upon request only - which I find very odd. TV operations is like a riddle, one remote to turn on and set to the right AV channel, another remote for volume and channel switching. All this done by trial and error without any guide. The bed was comfortable, very nice for a good night's sleep
Toilet bidet pipe was leaking, no one bothered to rectify throughout our stay.

Overall, Poor maintenance is very visible In the rooms and public areas, you can see that the original fixtures are now replaced with cheaper alternatives. Ie, taps, hoses, door knobs, handles. Handheld shower with short cheap plastic hoses that is too short to use.

Since the hotel is far away from town centre, they have a daily shuttle service to town (once daily) and scheduled shuttle to airport (about a kilometre away)

Room Tip: There are rooms facing the airport runway - about a kilometre or two away - no noise issues
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adcye

Hi yeadrian,

Thanks for your online review and taking the time share with us your feedback. We are concerned about your experience and we sincerely apologies for the service lapses and for the inconvenience caused. I will highlight your concerns with the related department heads for their attention and improvement, currently they are working hard to solve the problems and hopefully we are able to offer comfortable stay to all our guests.

Again thanks for the gift of feedback, we hope your concerns will not discourage you from coming back to our hotel. Should you allow us the opportunity to serve you again, please contact me directly so I can personally look after you and ensure you have a pleasant stay with us on your next visit

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Our room wasn't a 100 percent clean, my girlfriend found a clump of hair in the shower recess.

The bed was comfortable and the free wifi was good but only available in common areas.

The buffet breakfast was nice, but not the best we've had on our Malaysian holiday.

The location isn't the best if you want to be close to the Kuching city centre, the price of taxi's from there from Kuching city varied from 20 to 25 ringget being a 20 - 30 min drive depending on traffic.Though the tour companies are quite happy to pick you up from the hotel.

It was a comfortable stay and for what we paid per night (inclusive of breakfast), it was value for money.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paulz76
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Hi paulz76,

Thanks for your “It was comfortable, but..” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We aim to provide Great Rates and Comfortable stay for our guests. It is motivated and pleased when we receive such favorable feedback's from you on our rate. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize on the shortfall for the room cleanliness. I will share your concerns with the housekeeping department heads for her attention on this

Hope your nice impressions will bring you back to the Four Points by Sheraton in future and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The room was in terrible condition. Timber flooring is in need of varnish. Room interior is in need for a makeover. The bathroom discharge outlet was placed at the wrong direction. The water can't flow to the discharge outlet.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank robertlim

Hi robertlim,

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review of your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

We appreciate your feedback and I truly sorry for the service lapsed and inconvenience caused. Your feedback is important and certainly will assist us as we continue to make improvements on our product, facilities and services to meet our guest expectations and enhance their experience. Your highlighted concerns particularly on the cleanliness and bathroom water flow issues, I’ll share it with the Housekeeping & Engineering Department heads for further action and improvement.

On your next trip to Kuching, we look forward to welcome you back and please contact me (Ivan.Chai@fourpoints.com) directly so I may be able to assist with your accommodation arrangement and ensuring your next stay with us is pleasant and uncomplicated.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Have stayed in this hotel previously as it’s near our branch office and the previous impression to me was rather good for the price I’m paying. But my recent trip was rather disappointing. Having checked-in late at night, I quickly took a shower and rest for the night. On the next morning, I decided to slip into the bathtub and upon releasing the water from the bathtub to realize that the drainage was blocked and the water started flooding the bathroom and I have to use all means to sweep the water back from flooding my room.

Soon after the water have subsided, I highlighted this to the front office on my way out to office so that they can correct the problem but to be greeted with a smile and asked me to refer the matter to housekeeping.

Guess the front office staff cannot communicate with the housekeeping staff, or should I flooded my room?

Anyway, I checked out from the hotel within half an hour after talking to the front office.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hi DFTMember,

Thanks for taking time and share with us your experience on your recent visit.

I am concerned to know that your stay with us was disappointing. Please accept my sincere apologies for the service lapses and inconvenience caused which marred your stay.

Please allow me to ditch out and investigate further on your concerns especially on the service delivery that you have encountered with our associate’s. Kindly share with me your confirmation number, room number and date of stay, please reach to me at Ivan.Chai@fourpoints.com. Hope to hear from you soon and I will share your concerns with the related departments head for their immediate attention.

Should you travel back to Kuching and allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Points by Sheraton, please feel free reach to me so I may assist with your accommodation arrangement.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

For the price of the hotel it was still considered as value for money. Clean & big room. However, hotel staff...especially front desk and security was not very helpful & friendly. They should service with smile.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank AylmerW

Hi AylmerW,

Thanks for your “Value for money” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are sorry to know that you faced some challenges with our Front Desk and Security associates, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and I will share your concerns with the related department heads for their attention. On the other hand, thank you for recognizing our great rates value for money, big room features and clean.

We look forward and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Points by Sheraton.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The room was awesome. mattress was comfortable. air conditioning was good. check in was swift. Going up to the room need to use card to access and that was a good thing when it comes to privacy. Breakfast prepared hot and variety. i spend an hour just to eat. :D
just the location was not that strategic although it was located near to the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Hi Isaac J,

Thanks for your “Whoa” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

We are pleased to know that your overall stay with us was pleasant and enjoyed variety of breakfast spreads at The Eatery Restaurants.

We hope and look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton.