I am currently writinh from Fourpoints on my 2nd day. I arrived at this hotel yesterday just slightly after 4pm. The hotel is only about 5 minutes taxi ride from sirport which cost me MYR 15. Upon arrival at this look cold property, no one greet me. I have to take all my luggage by myself and walk to the receptiont desk. It is a very wide hotel. But again, I do not have a feeling like in international chain hotel. (My other 4p is only with 4p Bangkok which I have stayed quite some number time and it is far different experience).
Checked in was quit smooth and they did recognized me as a Gold member and ask if I wanted wifi or 125 points. I did choose wifi.
Again after checked in, no one escorted me to my room, I have to do it myself, which is no big deal. The lift once again is substandard for international hotel. I think all ibis hotel that I ever stayed has "better" lift (in term cleaness and smell). The lift smelt like delivery lift. And with a lot of spot marks.
Arriving at 11f, like other reviwer mentioned, it smelt badly adn the carpet is dirty. It looks like it is not been vaccum properly (or has it been ever vaccumed ?? - same observation this morning).
Room is huge. But i saw many spot on the furnitures (lamps, working chairs). The bath room is also big with seperate bath tube and shower. The bath tube edge is too wide and make it very difficult to ho out. I almost fall down. Shower area has a lot of mild dew spots .
They only provide 2 bath towels. No face and hands towel at all. Ammeninites (except lotion) come in 20 ml instead od standard 30 ml.
Again ther is some smell in the bath room.
Fridge is empty like many said. And does not seems working (not cold). After complaining, they replaced it for me.
The safe deposit box was locked and I called them before I went out to town. When i came back it iwas still locked and I have to called them again before someone come.
Shuttle to town also is a joke. They only have it twice a day. At 11am and 4pm. With the return schedule 15 (or 30 min later). And this is only 10 seaters. I asked them about it this morning and iI was told it is full. I can try my luck at 1055 to see if someone not cominh.
Taxi rate to/from town will coat MYR 20-25. i guess this is above standard meter rate but no taxi want to use meter anyway.
There is shuttle to/from airport every hour. Again this was been informed to me ln the arrival email from them. Also I saw that you need to confirm it a day before.
The pool is also another joke. It looks nice but you have to pass through the restaurant to go to the pool. It closes at 6pm!!! I was there around 530pm and it was close!!!
In short, I do not think this hotel is good if you come to Kuching for sightseeing. It is far from everywhere. You have to at least spend MYR 50/ day for taxi ride to/from town. It is not a worth stay even you are SPG member (well I am that fool that stay there because of my SPG member).
I visited Hilton which is by the river when I was in water front area. It looks old building, but you can still feel you are in international chain hotel when I was at the lobby. The concierge is also very helpful and very knowlegable when I asked many things about the town. It is very different experience compare to 4p. The conceirge does not seem have any clue at all.
The only good thing that I can say about this hotel is, my room is facing the runway, so I can see thr plan taxing.....
So unless you just need to have a room to stay for a night to catch very early morning p
Flight, stay elsewhere....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get Where You Need to Go. Welcome to the Century Kuching Hotel in Sarawak, East Malaysia, on the amazing island of Borneo. We're located in the middle of the BDC commercial hub, near The Spring mall. We're also near Kuching International Airport (KCH). Free to Choose. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, we've got you covered with outstanding event spaces and contemporary restaurants and a bar. We also offer plenty of ways to stay active - such as our 24-hour fitness centre and a great outdoor pool - and to stay connected - like our 24-hour business centre and free Wi-Fi in all public areas. You'll even get complimentary daily newspapers and bottled water. Don't worry; there are no hidden fees. Casual Comfort. Our 435 rooms and suites are designed to make you feel right at home ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Century Kuching Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Kuching
- Four Points By Sheraton Kuching Hotel Kuching
- Four Points Kuching