“Declining”

Ranked #46 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
Montreal, Canada
“Declining”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was here before, and was satisfied, but it is declining.

The good:

1. Close to airport
2. Spacious room
3. Comfortable working desk and chair
4. Separate bathtub and shower
5. Fast and friendly service

The bad:

1. Room furniture and public area carpets are running down
2. There were no hand towels; I had to ask for it.
3. Desk plug (for computer) didn’t work.
4. Internet by far overpriced at 40 MYR (USD 12.50)
5. There was a whole colony of ants on the checking counter.
6. Some lights in room was not working
7. Room was not too clean, bathroom full of mold
8. water pressure in shower and bathtub is bad
9. Room price was higher than before when hotel was better

1 Thank nomad6022
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hi nomad6022,

Thanks for your review and taking the time to share it with us.

We are sorry and most concerned to know that your recent stay with us is not a pleasant. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and short falls. Rest assured I already share your notes with our Engineering, Front Desk and Housekeeping Departments for their attention and follow up.

Should you travel back to Kuching in future and allow us the opportunity to welcome you back, please do not hesitate to contact me (Ivan.Chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly so I may assist with your accommodation arrangement and ensure you have a comfortable stay.

Guest Experience Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel during my business trip to Kuching in January.Apart from being little further from the main town this hotel is very nice.My room was quite big and I could see planes landing and taking off from my room.I don't mind being little far from town as long as there are places to eat .There are lots of local eatery specially with sea food just across the street.It was a pleasant stay for me:)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hi Resher,

Thanks for your “Good hotel’ review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are extremely thrilled to know that you had a pleasant experience at our hotel. It is reassuring and encouraging to receive positive reviews such as yours and to learn that we have met your expectations on all aspects of your stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton when you travel back to Kuching.

Singapore
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Gonna be a short review

Stayed at Four Points for a business trip for 2 days.
Overall is still the same as when it first opened 2 years ago.

Location very near to the airport. Price relatively reasonable for a Four POINTS compared to the other hotels in town.

Room Amenities - Slightly below average. You only get Bath Towels. No Face Towels.

Maintenance - USB charging dock does not work and not repaired.

Service levels - Can be improved

Front Office: Average. Never explained that my room rate includes breakfast. So I did not have breakfast for 2 days.

Gym - Great gym, but the do not really know how to operate the treadmill.

Overall acceptable stay.

Room Tip: Note- It is a non -smoking hotel.
Hi Lapi,

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review of your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

We appreciate both your constructive feedback and truly sorry for the service lapse and inconvenience caused. Your feedbacks are important and certainly will assist us as we continue to make improvements on our product, facilities and services to meet our guest expectations and enhance their experience. Your highlighted concern I will share it with the related department head for their further action and improvement.

Should you travel back to Kuching, we hope we can welcome you back and please contact me (Ivan.Chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly so I may be able to assist and ensuring your next stay with us is pleasant and uncomplicated.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

As I always have meetings in East Malaysia, taking the second last flight from KL to Kuching (the day before the meeting) has been my preferred option. The hotel is less than 10 minutes from the airport, which is very convenient. I always take the early morning connecting flight via Kuching the next morning.

The hallway is rather quiet at night, but the room is big and comfortable. The breakfast spread is rather good too.

Rooms for improvement? The shower set and room lighting needs to be checked.

Room Tip: If you arrive late in the evening and has to leave early in the morning, get rooms close to the lif...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hi McD8003,

Thanks for your “A very good airport transit hotel” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are glad to know that overall your stay with us was a pleasant and comfortable one. We note your concerns regarding the shower set and room lighting. Rest assured I will share your helpful notes with the engineering and housekeeping departments for their attention and review.

Hopefully, we can welcome you back to our hotel when you are next in Kuching and please feel free reach to me (Ivan.chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly should you require accommodation arrangement on your next visit.

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is a blob of square right in the middle of low rises...

The lobby is big and in much need of decorations. The hotel is in serious need of a major maintenance...

We stayed in a standard room at level 10. The room is large. No complains on the toilet/bathroom. Everything works. Lighting works too. Air-cond. works. Not the phones though... The room has that wood smell... not the rotten type but a sort of a fragrant woody type. Nice, I think... We have a baby with us and we got a cot for her. Cot is low and more suitable for older babies but we managed.

Staff is friendly and service is okay. We have the view of a housing area which is designed to be kampung-styled and the airport. Nice. Lots of parking spaces but need more lighting IMHO... Staff speaks reasonably good English.

Breakfast is uninspiring though, so we went to a restaurant across from the hotel for some nice local laksa and kolo mee. Yum!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hi DiEntikaSharldlow,

Thanks for your “4N5D stay” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are glad to know that your overall stay with is comfortable and pleasant. Your concerns on the phone and minimum lighting at our basement parking, I will share it with the security and engineering departments for their attention and action.

Should your next trip travel back to Kuching, we hope we can welcome you back to Four Points.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I am fortunate to get a room upgrade to junior suite during my stay over the long weekends. Check in was smooth, customer service is responsive in assisting my needs. Eg, Fixing the television, and luggage opener. Since i am a preferred guest, i am utilizing Starpoints for the 2 night stay instead of paying MYR 170 per night without breakfast. In terms of price point, i think it was a fair and of good value.

First impression on the room was good. Good spacing and design layout. The only thing that got me were the foul odor in the walkway to my room. The hotel seems to be really quiet without much occupants and car park were really dark at night.

Breakfast experience was not good. Restaurant front desk and reservation desk were not communicating well as i was getting bounce back and forth for the entitlement of breakfast. I was left feeling uneasy and seems* like a customer trying my way to take opportunity of free breakfast. That's a bummer. I do hope that the management could further improve to avoid awkward position. The breakfast menu selection were moderate and taste was just average.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Hi Alvin C,

Thanks for your “Pleasant Stay and Fortunate” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We do offer a number of great rates and packages from time to time, your complimentary comments on our friendly and helpful associates are much appreciated. Note your remarks concerning service lapse, I will share your concerns with the team for improvement in future.

We value your patronage on our SPG program, should your next trip travel back to Kuching please give me (Ivan.chai@fourpointskuching.com) a buzz for your accommodation arrangement and we hope we can welcome you back to Four Points.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My colleagues have stayed here in the past but have long since switched to other hotels in Kuching. I have just recently started traveling to Kuching and thought I would give it a shot. I try to stay in Starwood properties when I can to get my status up and collect points!
The location is good as it is nearby the airport. I usually have early or late flights and like to be close to the airport. Walking into the hotel, I was struck by a musty, foul odor which was very strong. It smelled a bit like sewage or backed up drains. It was in the lobby and also in my room until I turned the AC on. Either that blew it out or my nose got used to the smell. Whatever the case, the first impression was not a good one.
Checkin was smooth enough, but there was no mention of my SPG status, which I could care less about honestly. But since it happens at every other hotel I stay in, I did notice that they didn't mention. It just sets the tone for the level of attention and service I received for the rest of my stay. I was extremely disappointed to find that the gym was closed for repairs. I could see that they were doing work in the gym, so the closure was probably justified. But this is one of the most important things about a hotel to me. I travel a lot and need a gym. There was no mention of it on the website, no email to me after reservation that some facilities were close, not even a mention at the front desk. When I called to find out why it was closed or when it would be open, it was a long and unpleasant conversation with most of the time spent listening to the front office staff argue about what was happening in the gym and when it would be open again. I guess the hold buttons of the phones were also broken.
Breakfast didn't go much better. The food was fine but the servers were absent. They walked me halfway into the restaurant and then turned around. No one was around to clear tables, offer coffee, or tea, etc.
Overall, the hotel was depressing and a bit dilapidated. There were small pieces of paper, lint, and garbage in the hallway outside my room. The carpet was also ripped in many different places. The walls needed work. Half of the lights were off which made for a dark walk to my room. I ended up checking out after just one night and moved to another hotel for the rest of my Kuching stay. When I attempted to get the duty manager out to speak to me, I was told over and over that all the managers were in a meeting and not available. Sorry, but the duty manager's job is to attend to guests.
Really disappointed and I don't expect I will be back.

1 Thank jchanlifat
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Hi jchanlifat,,

Thanks for taking time and shared your review with us. We sorry to hear of your disappointment, please accept our sincere apologies for the service lapse and regret that we have been inconsistent in delivering our on-brand service. Rest assured, your feedback is important to us and I have shared your helpful comments with the related departments for their attention.

Should you allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in future, please feel free reach to me (Ivan.Chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly may assist with your accommodation requirement and arrangement.

Guest Experience Team

Travellers are raving about these Kuching hotels