“Not Well Maintain”

Ranked #42 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Not Well Maintain”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Compare to my last visit on Nov 2009, the hotel not well maintain.
-Have to pass thru restaurant while go to swimming as the lift from 3rd floor down.
-Toiletry not fully supply.
-Lamp in the failed also never replace.
-Corridor are dull, most of the lamps are off.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hi NingLu,

It is disappointing we did not meet your expectations and we sincerely apologies for the service lapsed. Rest assured I will share your concerns with the management teams and making improvement on our product, facilities and service to enhance our guest experience.

Should you travel back to Kuching, we hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back and please reach to me (Ivan.Chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly so I may assist with your accommodation arrangement and ensuring your next stay is pleasant.

Guest Experience Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Indonesian first
Bintulu, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I always like to think that the concept of airport's hotels would be highly standard of services, full presentation of local culture in term of deco and room design, superb facility to airport and of course fully functional room amenities.For me, it would be a very good medium to present Sarawak to either transit or leisure customer,especially foreigner and first timer. By the way, being local i have used to substandard facilities in overpriced so called branded hotels in Sarawak.In Malaysia, one of very good example was Sama Sama Hotel(Pan Pacific) KLIA. Four Point in Kuching however, was way below the quality of this. Being SPG member, I expect more from Starwood hotels and for this, I wish that Mr Ivan, the manager could take note and put some authority (if any) as I feel your teams was done very little and performed under average at least during my stay at your hotel;
1. My first stay at this hotel was back in 2011 when it was very new and feel very fresh. At the same room category, all the room amenities was complete and the mini fridge was full stocked and a lot of variety. This time however, the fridge have been taken away. There is no issue with bed and I would says it is feel very nice though.
2. The office chair inside my room have broken stand and most of phone's button have gone so either by intention or vandalism. The hotel blind curtain was not completely cover the room from sunlight and you will be expose during daylight. This I fell very annoying when I have sleep and rest during daytime. The convinience button which connect to some department was just not functioning e.g room service. Only the main operator functioning and you will connected to others department through operator.
This is very embarassing for any hotel especially under Starwood brand.
3. The good about bathroom was the size is very large and bathtub are reasonable deep and big enough. The water pressure and hot and cold water supply is very good. Apart from this, others aspect will in dire need of attentions by hotels management. The towels was very old and have lot of tear and wear signs. There is only 2 bath towels and one floor bath towel provided. NO hand towels and face towels. NO dentals kit, NO lotions. They only provided one of each average quality of hair shampoo, conditioner and bath gel. Even much lower brand hotels in Kuching will provide you with better personal amenities than this. The extra personal mirror have been taken off and their rain shower was not functioning no matter hard I try to make it fuctioning. The rain shower looks very mouldy and probably not functioning for a very long time. The only functioning was hand shower and the stand for this also broken and they put a some solotape to tight a shower and handle. This shows how bad the maitenance(if any) of this hotel.
4. I havent try their restaurant but I did order their room services for in room dining. Within 30 minutes the foods have sent to my room but one of the food, Ipoh how fun noodle was very2 plain and the taste very unsatisfactory. The price of course very expensive according to branded hotel just the taste was a lot tasteless.
5. The room itself was facing to the KIA and the view during and night was very impressive. At level 8, I can saw the flight landing and takeoff directly from my bed. However, as my room almost at the end of building, I can really feel there is need a lot of attentions to their carpet and corridor. During my first stay in 2011, the carpet smell like wooden fresh but now it turned I to mouldy and stinky. Not insome part but whole part of the corridor and even can smell it a bit inside the lifts.This is feel very rundown and embarassing to Starwood brand hotel like Four Point Kuching.
6. The newspaper are not deliver to my room as what I have been experienced in others branded hotel. The guess service also looks confused and not following my requests. I did request for the taxi to airport 15 minutes before I checkout but they only called the taxi once I checkout. So I have to waste for another 5 minutes to the airport.
7. The check in process was smooth although not very fast. Thanks to Ms Sophia Then for such efficiency but if she put more smiling maybe I would feels more welcoming as a guess to this hotel. I hope the attitude will change for better as I am thinking not only me feeling that u welcomed atmosfere. The bell boy was very niceand thanks for his helping to deliver my luggage to my rooms. I forgot his name but he looks like locals guy.
Overall, I would not stay at Four Point Kuching again unless I read some changes and better improvement about this hotel from others fellow contributors in TripAdvisor. Even though the rate was quite low for this type of hotel brand, the quality was not necessarily lower.Im sorry for you Mr Ivan, but you need to word hard to ensure that me and others potentials customers to come or coming back to your hotels again in future. I have stay from 2nd to 4th May 2014 at room 816.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hi KvnBorneo,

Thanks for your patronage to the Starwood Preferred Guest Program and share with us your review on your recent visit.

We are concerned about your experience at our hotel, sincerely apologies for the service lapses and inconvenience caused. I already shared and highlight your concerns with the related department heads for their immediate attention and improvement, rest assured currently the teams is working hard fully aware to solve the problems and hopefully we will able to offer a comfy stay to all our guests soon.

Should you allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Points and serve you again, please feel free reach to me (Ivan.chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly so I may assist with your accommodation arrangement and ensure you have a pleasant stay on your next visit.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was here before, and was satisfied, but it is declining.

The good:

1. Close to airport
2. Spacious room
3. Comfortable working desk and chair
4. Separate bathtub and shower
5. Fast and friendly service

The bad:

1. Room furniture and public area carpets are running down
2. There were no hand towels; I had to ask for it.
3. Desk plug (for computer) didn’t work.
4. Internet by far overpriced at 40 MYR (USD 12.50)
5. There was a whole colony of ants on the checking counter.
6. Some lights in room was not working
7. Room was not too clean, bathroom full of mold
8. water pressure in shower and bathtub is bad
9. Room price was higher than before when hotel was better

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nomad6022
Hi nomad6022,

Thanks for your review and taking the time to share it with us.

We are sorry and most concerned to know that your recent stay with us is not a pleasant. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and short falls. Rest assured I already share your notes with our Engineering, Front Desk and Housekeeping Departments for their attention and follow up.

Should you travel back to Kuching in future and allow us the opportunity to welcome you back, please do not hesitate to contact me (Ivan.Chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly so I may assist with your accommodation arrangement and ensure you have a comfortable stay.

Guest Experience Team

Travellers are raving about these Kuching hotels

Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel during my business trip to Kuching in January.Apart from being little further from the main town this hotel is very nice.My room was quite big and I could see planes landing and taking off from my room.I don't mind being little far from town as long as there are places to eat .There are lots of local eatery specially with sea food just across the street.It was a pleasant stay for me:)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hi Resher,

Thanks for your “Good hotel’ review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are extremely thrilled to know that you had a pleasant experience at our hotel. It is reassuring and encouraging to receive positive reviews such as yours and to learn that we have met your expectations on all aspects of your stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton when you travel back to Kuching.

Cheers,

Singapore
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Gonna be a short review

Stayed at Four Points for a business trip for 2 days.
Overall is still the same as when it first opened 2 years ago.

Location very near to the airport. Price relatively reasonable for a Four POINTS compared to the other hotels in town.

Room Amenities - Slightly below average. You only get Bath Towels. No Face Towels.

Maintenance - USB charging dock does not work and not repaired.

Service levels - Can be improved

Front Office: Average. Never explained that my room rate includes breakfast. So I did not have breakfast for 2 days.

Gym - Great gym, but the do not really know how to operate the treadmill.

Overall acceptable stay.

Room Tip: Note- It is a non -smoking hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hi Lapi,

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review of your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

We appreciate both your constructive feedback and truly sorry for the service lapse and inconvenience caused. Your feedbacks are important and certainly will assist us as we continue to make improvements on our product, facilities and services to meet our guest expectations and enhance their experience. Your highlighted concern I will share it with the related department head for their further action and improvement.

Should you travel back to Kuching, we hope we can welcome you back and please contact me (Ivan.Chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly so I may be able to assist and ensuring your next stay with us is pleasant and uncomplicated.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

As I always have meetings in East Malaysia, taking the second last flight from KL to Kuching (the day before the meeting) has been my preferred option. The hotel is less than 10 minutes from the airport, which is very convenient. I always take the early morning connecting flight via Kuching the next morning.

The hallway is rather quiet at night, but the room is big and comfortable. The breakfast spread is rather good too.

Rooms for improvement? The shower set and room lighting needs to be checked.

Room Tip: If you arrive late in the evening and has to leave early in the morning, get rooms close to the lif...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hi McD8003,

Thanks for your “A very good airport transit hotel” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are glad to know that overall your stay with us was a pleasant and comfortable one. We note your concerns regarding the shower set and room lighting. Rest assured I will share your helpful notes with the engineering and housekeeping departments for their attention and review.

Hopefully, we can welcome you back to our hotel when you are next in Kuching and please feel free reach to me (Ivan.chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly should you require accommodation arrangement on your next visit.

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is a blob of square right in the middle of low rises...

The lobby is big and in much need of decorations. The hotel is in serious need of a major maintenance...

We stayed in a standard room at level 10. The room is large. No complains on the toilet/bathroom. Everything works. Lighting works too. Air-cond. works. Not the phones though... The room has that wood smell... not the rotten type but a sort of a fragrant woody type. Nice, I think... We have a baby with us and we got a cot for her. Cot is low and more suitable for older babies but we managed.

Staff is friendly and service is okay. We have the view of a housing area which is designed to be kampung-styled and the airport. Nice. Lots of parking spaces but need more lighting IMHO... Staff speaks reasonably good English.

Breakfast is uninspiring though, so we went to a restaurant across from the hotel for some nice local laksa and kolo mee. Yum!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hi DiEntikaSharldlow,

Thanks for your “4N5D stay” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are glad to know that your overall stay with is comfortable and pleasant. Your concerns on the phone and minimum lighting at our basement parking, I will share it with the security and engineering departments for their attention and action.

Should your next trip travel back to Kuching, we hope we can welcome you back to Four Points.

Cheers,