I stayed with few colleagues from 3rd to 7th July on a business trip. Hotel location is about 5 mins drive from the airport and 20mins away from Kuching town. I was expecting the same treatment we had in Four Points Sandakan and we were totally disappointed.
1. There was no valet parking except for the owner of the hotel.
2. My rooms has no face nor hand towel (until i checked out) while my other colleague's room has it.
3. Housekeeping didnt clean the room properly and there was dust on the carpet and hairs on the wooden floor. I used one of the mug but it wasnt replace to a new 1. It seems that they pick and choose what to clean/replace
4. There was ants for few days on the tv cupboard and I had to clean everytime.
5. The fridge disposed a very bad smell and it wasnt cleaned properly. Housekeeping only changed the motor (could be gas leaking) and yet they still didnt clean the fridge afyer complained as there was stains inside.
6. Since it was fasting month, we have requested the food to be send to room by 4am as the imsak was at 5.09am and theres few times they sent about 15mins to 30mins and I had to eat quickly.
7. I have no problems using my debit card to pay outside (while in Kuching) but the front office payment system was not accessible for my card. It was a hassle for me to bring out cash about RM3k to pay for the rooms.
8. 1st day of arrival the hotel faces an electricity breakdown and few days my colleague called the maintenance dept for an assistant with tv in his room and they were quite rude.
So far the hotel is ok but they need to improve on their room cleanliness. The Housekeeping Dept needs to be thorough with the staffs and should not pick and choose what they want to clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get Where You Need to Go. Welcome to the Century Kuching Hotel in Sarawak, East Malaysia, on the amazing island of Borneo. We're located in the middle of the BDC commercial hub, near The Spring mall. We're also near Kuching International Airport (KCH). Free to Choose. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, we've got you covered with outstanding event spaces and contemporary restaurants and a bar. We also offer plenty of ways to stay active - such as our 24-hour fitness centre and a great outdoor pool - and to stay connected - like our 24-hour business centre and free Wi-Fi in all public areas. You'll even get complimentary daily newspapers and bottled water. Don't worry; there are no hidden fees. Casual Comfort. Our 435 rooms and suites are designed to make you feel right at home ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Century Kuching Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Kuching
- Four Points By Sheraton Kuching Hotel Kuching
- Four Points Kuching