“Need more of improvement”

Century Kuching Hotel
Ranked #47 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed with few colleagues from 3rd to 7th July on a business trip. Hotel location is about 5 mins drive from the airport and 20mins away from Kuching town. I was expecting the same treatment we had in Four Points Sandakan and we were totally disappointed.

1. There was no valet parking except for the owner of the hotel.
2. My rooms has no face nor hand towel (until i checked out) while my other colleague's room has it.
3. Housekeeping didnt clean the room properly and there was dust on the carpet and hairs on the wooden floor. I used one of the mug but it wasnt replace to a new 1. It seems that they pick and choose what to clean/replace
4. There was ants for few days on the tv cupboard and I had to clean everytime.
5. The fridge disposed a very bad smell and it wasnt cleaned properly. Housekeeping only changed the motor (could be gas leaking) and yet they still didnt clean the fridge afyer complained as there was stains inside.
6. Since it was fasting month, we have requested the food to be send to room by 4am as the imsak was at 5.09am and theres few times they sent about 15mins to 30mins and I had to eat quickly.
7. I have no problems using my debit card to pay outside (while in Kuching) but the front office payment system was not accessible for my card. It was a hassle for me to bring out cash about RM3k to pay for the rooms.
8. 1st day of arrival the hotel faces an electricity breakdown and few days my colleague called the maintenance dept for an assistant with tv in his room and they were quite rude.

So far the hotel is ok but they need to improve on their room cleanliness. The Housekeeping Dept needs to be thorough with the staffs and should not pick and choose what they want to clean.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hi Reen373,

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share your constructive feedback during your visit.

It is disappointing to learn that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and we sincerely apologies for the service lapsed and inconvenience caused, particularly on the room service and cleanliness.

I will share your notes with the General Manager for this attention and relate departments for their improvement and action.

Should your next trip travel back to Kuching, we hope we can welcome you back to Four Points by Sheraton and please feel free reach to me (Ivan.chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly so I can assist with your accommodation arrangement.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

one word to describe this premise is Spacious. from the lobby to the corridor and to the rooms. everything is spacious and cozy. Its less than 15minutes away from the airport and another 15 minutes away from Kuching city and you might wanna put up here if you want to escape the traffic in the city area. All basic amenities are well taken care of and considerably clean. Its a considerably tall building in the midst of low lying buildings and shops which gives it the advantage with a great view - large wide glass windows makes the place more spacious and the idea of natural tropical sunlight to lit the lobby area is simply superb, however may be considered to be too warm by some travelers but in my opinion its a great way for saving energy.

Pools is great and convenient for those who loves dipping in for relaxation. Vast spacious restaurant with considerable choice of menu and yeah!! Ive tried the Laksa sarawak here and it was as good as what you find throughout Kuching too.

For those with a taste of local food may also go to the restaurants across the street front of the hotel which serves get variety of fresh barbequed seafood, laksa. noodles and other local favourites.

Room Tip: craving for a breathtaking view of Mt. Santubong, be on higher floors and superb view early morning...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hi Ahbimanyu A,

Thanks for your “One word to describe this premise is “spacious” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are extremely thrilled to know that you had a pleasant experience at our hotel. It is indeed both reassuring and encouraging to receive positive reviews such as yours and to learn that we have met your expectations on all aspects of your stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton when you travel back to Kuching.

Cheers,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our room was good, the staff were helpful and friendly but we were a bit disappointed with the restaurant. They had a buffet evening wish we did not see anything we really fancied so we picked from the menu which was OK but quite european.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the sea. We had a deluxe room on the 23 floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Lepode,

Thanks for your “Good overnight/ business hotel” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are thrilled to know that you had a pleasant experience at our hotel. It is indeed both reassuring and encouraging to receive positive reviews such as yours and to learn that we have met your expectations on all aspects of your stay.

Not to forget, we noted on your concerns regarding our buffet spread. I will share your note with our F&B Manager and kitchen team for their attention and improvement.

Should your next trip travel back to Kuching, we hope we can welcome you back to Four Points by Sheraton.

Cheers,

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

You have to pay for their internet access even the budget hotel have free internet service! Even if you paid for their 'high speed' internet, the speed is still slow barely enough for sending email.
Toilet hygiene is terrible! Changed room once and still facing bad toilet hygiene issue. Don't bother to change anymore. I assume all the toilet is the same here.
Aircond sound is so loud even with low fan mode!
Bad breakfast served! Food choices are not much. Don't bother to purchase their breakfast deal. Eating outside is better, cheaper and nicer.
Bad maintenance on lift! Some lift couldn't operate properly.
Don't expect much from this Sheraton hotel.
The only good thing is the hotel very near to the airport. Nothing else.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Hi JasonTheAdvisor,

It is disappointing we did not meet your expectations and we sincerely apologies for the service lapsed. Rest assured I will share your concerns with the management teams especially on our toilet cleanliness and making improvement on our product, facilities and service to enhance our guest experience.

Should you travel back to Kuching and allow us the opportunity to welcome you back. Please feel free reach to me (Ivan.Chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly so I may assist with your accommodation arrangement and ensuring your next stay is comfortable.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I came here with a low expectation but the experience here was far below it .

Firstly , I dont think the staff at the front desk is friendly as they should be .

Secondly , just to get connected to the room service via the room phone also takes a lot of time . Staff doesn't takes our order seriously and just takes their time to deliver the things that we request . I once called up for bathing shampoo and body gel and they took about 10 minutes to get them to me ( I am not exaggerating , it is true )

Thirdly , the food at the cafetaria is seriously a big problem . I dont really enjoyed any of them as most of them were tasteless . For a grand hotel like this it is just unacceptable .

Fourthly , the one that I am quite disappointed of is that the hotel doesn't provide free wifi in the room . This really causes inconvenience when I am doing my work .

In a nutshell , four point doesn't deserve to be a 4* hotel . This is because of the inconvenience they gave to their guest .
I would only give them about 1 star .

Whats the point of having a grand building from the outside but dissatisfactory service in it .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nicholas C

Hi Nicholas C,

We are most concerned to hear that we failed to meet your expectations and please accept our sincere apologies for the service lapses and the inconvenience caused. I have shared your concerns with our Front Office, housekeeping department and Executive Chef for their attention and follow up. Right at the moment we have Free WIFI available in our public areas (Lobby) and 2 terminals available at our Wrapped Deli outlet for our in-house guest usage. While in the room connection, chargeable at MYR40.00nett per room per night for Comfort Room and for the suite and above categories is free.

Should you allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again, please contact me directly (Ivan.chai@fourpointskuching.com) so I may be able to assist with your accommodation requirements and ensure your stay with us is uncomplicated

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The reception area and surroundings were nice enough as was the room, but upon check-in, there were several non-working fixtures of which some needed major repair work. A room change was granted, but it was too troublesome!

Location wise, it is near to the airport and unless your business is around this area, you are quite isolated from the interesting downtown Kuching without a rental car. Perhaps this is more a problem with the state of public transport in Kuching unlike other major Malaysian cities. Without reliable buses, you are at the mercy of the taxis who mostly run un-metered. They are not readily available without calling for one and so you have to be near potential taxi customer sites like hotels, and *not* even at shopping centres. The hotel shuttle to the airport was regular enough, but only twice a day (currently) to town.

If not for the nearby commercial centre (RH Plaza at time of writing) we would have moved downtown. There are good choices for food local and foreign, breakfast to supper and availability of sundries and snacks. And the taxis hang around here! So it all evens out then.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank leekm

Hi leekm,

Thanks for taking the time and share review of your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

We appreciate your feedback and truly sorry for the service lapse and inconvenience caused. Your feedback’s are important and certainly assist us as we continue to make improvements on our product, facilities and services to meet our guest expectations and enhance their experience. Just right in front the hotel, you can easily grab and enjoy the local specialties. Your highlights on our shuttle service to the Kuching town, we noted on this and will take into consideration for our future improvement.

Should you travel back to Kuching, we hope we can welcome you back and please contact me (Ivan.Chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly so I may be able to assist and ensuring your next stay with us is pleasant and uncomplicated.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed for almost 4 days 3 nights
First, dirty plate and fork left by previous traveler right outside of the room were only removed after more than 24 hours since my check-in.
Second, toiletries in the bathroom were not refilled by the cleaning staff that I had to ask for mending kit at your counter when needed.
Third, some lights were switched off at the hotel entrance (darker) every time we came back after twelve night. Electricity cost saving huh?

The pros: corner suites are more spacious and some can have good views from top.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hi TingTingTeo,

Thanks for your review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. We value your feedback and we are certainly committed to continuously making improvements to meet our guest needs and requirements and enhance their stay.

Your highlights on our suites room are very much appreciated. Just top-up a little more, our suites room offer wider space for you to unwind whether you are here for business and leisure.

Should you allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, please do not hesitate to let me (Ivan.chai@fourpointskuching.com) know so I may be able to assist in ensuring your next visit is a pleasant one.