“Good stay and efficient service”

Century Kuching Hotel
Ranked #43 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
“Good stay and efficient service”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel because close to airport and good meeting facilities. Room are well priced and value for money. Service attentive and caring. Most of all sincerely warm and smiling. Good English skills. Tasty breakfast and for dinner try local food. It is great. The pool was absolutely. refreshing after a day work. Good stay overall

• Stayed December 2013
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Hi jfjlawai,

Thanks for your “Good stay and efficient service” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are thrilled to know that you had a pleasant experience at our hotel. It is indeed both comforting and encouraging to receive positive reviews such as yours and to learn that we have met your expectations on all aspects of your stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton when you travel back to Kuching.

Guest Experience Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Indonesian first
Indonesia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed for one night here because it close to the airport. The room was spacious,the bed is large and comfortable. We are very happy to stay here. One thing to complain just for the breakfast. We are in hurry to the airport in the early morning and the receptionist say that we can get a take-away breakfast. But the staff in restaurant there not allowed us to take a boiled egg. He said that we can only take the bread and cakes. I mean we've paid for the breakfast and why can't we get just for the boiled egg? I don't get it

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi Linda T,

Thanks for your “Nice Stay” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We appreciate your favorable comments and pleased able to meet your expectations. I already shared your concerns with our F&B Manager for his attention and follow up, we sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Again thanks your feedback, should you travel back to Kuching we hope we can welcome you back to Four Points.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed four nights. Really close to the airport but quite some distance from the city centre. The lobby is laid out like a long airport terminal. Plenty of seats were provided enabling use of the free wifi which was available only in the lobby. There are garish plastic flowers and trees with music from an old ‘Chicago’ album playing all day long, every day. Rooms were large. Neither the safe nor the refrigerator in the room was plugging in and it was an ordeal to find the plugs. Bathrooms were spacious. No face or hand towels though. The ports for charging were traveller friendly. The breakfast was fairly monotonous. And if you are a vegetarian no one can helpyou. The only stuff on the menu was a cheese pizza and a cheese sandwich. The staff however were very helpful with calling cabs etc.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hi Meenakshi S,

Glad to hear that you are happy with our well-situated location which is close to the transport hubs (Kuching International Airport & Kuching Sentral the Regional Bus Terminal), industrial areas and shopping (The Spring Shopping Mall, Boulevard Hyper Mall, City One Mega Mall).

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you come across. Rest assured, I will share your notes with our Room Divisions Manager and Executive Chef for their attention and follow up.

Should you travel back to Kuching and allow us the opportunity to welcome you back, we hope we can welcome you back to Four Points and please do not hesitate to contact me (Ivan.Chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly so I may assist with your accommodation arrangement..

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Four points by sheraton kuching is only about 10mins drive from the airport.

Its location is close to all the malls and shops and residential areas in the outskirts of the city.

Pls note that this is not in the centre of the city but is easily accessible by anyone with a car.

Rooms are quite big. Breakfast is ok ok but generally a good hotel. I stayed there twice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julian F
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hi Julian F,

Thanks for your “Central Location” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

Welcome back!

It’s really cheering and glad to hear that you are happy with our hotel services, facilities & well-situated locations which close to the transport hubs (Kuching International Airport & Kuching Sentral the Regional Bus Terminal), industrial area and shopping (The Spring Shopping Mall, Boulevard Hyper Mall, City One Mega Mall).

Should you travel back to Kuching again, we look forward to welcoming you back again

Bangi, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My colleagues have stayed here before. We booked via our company using letter of understanding (LOU) and have called the hotel to make sure they understand our booking that we needed 3 rooms with one of the rooms should be two single beds with extra bed (to be occupied with 3 people); that means with extra charge, as written clearly in our letter. However, when we arrived at 10pm (late check-in), the front-desk said our booking was invalid and that we have to pay the deposits for the whole week. We explained to the front desk and they went in their office (probably to discuss with their supervisor) and we managed to sort things out without having to pay the deposit. It seems like the front desk didn't liaise very well with the reception dept?

When we have checked-in and received our access cards, to our disappointment, the room that should be 2 single beds with extra bed does not have the extra bed. When asked the front desk, they said they don't have the extra bed for the first night and they will provide it the next day. However, after requested again the second day, the extra bed never arrived until the end of the stay. Worse still, they wanted to charge us full amount "with the extra bed" at the end of the day during check-out and asked us to acknowledge and sign.

The housekeeping service should be improved. My experience - they didn't put back the glass to where it should, the bath robe was gone (it was there on the first and second day), they forgot to give new towel; only took away the used one, and no toilet papers were given when the existing ones have finished.

The delivery of the sahur meals were inconsistent. Hopefully can improve on that next year.

Other than that, the room was ok and the location is very near to airport. Hope the hotel can improve their service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 713JaneC350
Hi 713JaneC350,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the service lapsed and the inconvenience caused.

I will share your feedbacks with the Room Division Manager and Assistant Front Office Manager for their attention on the room cleanliness and service. While for the inconsistent sahur meals delivery, I will share it with our F&B Manager and Executive Chef.

Should you travel back to Kuching, we hope we can welcome you back to Four Points by Sheraton and please feel free reach to me (Ivan.Chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly so we can assist you with your accommodation requirement and arrangement.

Guest Experience Team

Travellers are raving about these Kuching hotels

Sibu, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The room was ok but the things that they provide are quite double standard. I have stayed there for 3 days for a company course with my other colleagues. When i arrive, They told me that they can't find my name in the list even when I showed them my letter and I have to stand there for about 15 minutes when they finally found my name in their list. And when they finally gave me the key, I have problem with the key. And I have to go from the 10th floor to the lobby to get the things fix. And when I finally get in the room, and needed shower badly, They told us that they don't have enough shower cap when we asked for it (no shower cap for such a big hotel!). My friend and I wish that the management can show more care to their customers . Example, before a female customer comes in, they should have make sure that all the neccessary things needed has already been prepared before they check in. I am sure that the customer already have booked the room for at least 1 day before they check in . And in some rooms they get shampoos and some don't and in some rooms they have complete stuff from A-Z. I went to the swimming pool to have a swim too and the sides of the pool was mouldy :-( . Other than that, I like the facility provided in the gym. Quite clean and comfortable. The food are nice too. The hotel is located very near to the shops and airport which is quite convenient for us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hi Chong L,

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share your constructive feedback during your visit.

We sincerely apologies for the service lapsed and inconvenience caused, particularly on the room service and hassle upon check-in. I will share your notes with the General Manager for this attention and relate departments for their improvement and action.

Appreciate your kind compliments on our great food prepare by our talented culinary teams, and glad to know that you are happy with our well-situated location which is close to the transport and shopping hub’s.

Should your next trip travel back to Kuching, we hope we can welcome you back to Four Points by Sheraton and please feel free reach to me (Ivan.chai@fourpointskuching.com) directly so I can assist with your accommodation arrangement.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed with few colleagues from 3rd to 7th July on a business trip. Hotel location is about 5 mins drive from the airport and 20mins away from Kuching town. I was expecting the same treatment we had in Four Points Sandakan and we were totally disappointed.

1. There was no valet parking except for the owner of the hotel.
2. My rooms has no face nor hand towel (until i checked out) while my other colleague's room has it.
3. Housekeeping didnt clean the room properly and there was dust on the carpet and hairs on the wooden floor. I used one of the mug but it wasnt replace to a new 1. It seems that they pick and choose what to clean/replace
4. There was ants for few days on the tv cupboard and I had to clean everytime.
5. The fridge disposed a very bad smell and it wasnt cleaned properly. Housekeeping only changed the motor (could be gas leaking) and yet they still didnt clean the fridge afyer complained as there was stains inside.
6. Since it was fasting month, we have requested the food to be send to room by 4am as the imsak was at 5.09am and theres few times they sent about 15mins to 30mins and I had to eat quickly.
7. I have no problems using my debit card to pay outside (while in Kuching) but the front office payment system was not accessible for my card. It was a hassle for me to bring out cash about RM3k to pay for the rooms.
8. 1st day of arrival the hotel faces an electricity breakdown and few days my colleague called the maintenance dept for an assistant with tv in his room and they were quite rude.

So far the hotel is ok but they need to improve on their room cleanliness. The Housekeeping Dept needs to be thorough with the staffs and should not pick and choose what they want to clean.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hi Reen373,

It is disappointing to learn that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and we sincerely apologies for the service lapsed and inconvenience caused, particularly on the room service and cleanliness.