I stayed a while back, and it was awful. For reasons I don't want to go into, I decided to give it another chance. What a mistake! Where to start? The hotel is dirty everywhere! Nothing works. Plugs in the room had no power. The floor lamp had no on/off switch and had to be unplugged to turn it off. The bathroom sink turned itself off as the weight of the handle caused it to fall and shut itself off. I had to wash one hand at a time while holding the handle with the other. The clock was one hour slow. It am VERY glad I realized that before morning or that could have been a disaster. The toiletries were tiny. If you share a room, it is not even enough for two people to take one shower. The public areas of the hotel are dark at all hours of the day. The lobby stinks. I commented on this several months ago. At the time, I thought it was just a temporary thing. But several months later the lobby still smells like a mix of hot garbage mixed with a musty drain! The staff don't seem to notice. From the service side, there was not a single error-free exchange during my stay. During checkin, the staff argued with me about my SPG status and essentially told me I was lying about my status level. Eventually, he kind of grunted and half nodded which I guess means he accepted it but still didn't believe me. I found a note in my room that night welcoming me to the hotel and congratulating me on my free upgrade to a suite. The problem is that my status was still listed wrong on the sheet and I was not in a suite! I told my coworker that they could save the paper next time and just slap me in the face! The gym, to their credit is surprisingly nice. It is large and has very nice equipment. But again, nothing was without fault here. You have to call the front desk and wait for someone to come let you into the gym for "security and safety reasons." I suggested putting a card reader on the door so that hotel guests can let themselves in. This was met with another grunt of (dis)approval? The restaurant was no better as my specific questions about dishes were answered incorrectly and I was served food I cannot eat. This is NOT an SPG property in any way, shape, or form. That name needs to be taken down ASAP to avoid further damage to SPG's reputation. There is mold all over the bathrooms and lobby. This is probably the musty smell that hangs in the air. Do not stay here. Do not consider it. Do not go here to eat. Avoid this place like you would avoid a rusty knife with a splintered handle. Oh, and while it is close to the airport, it is far from city center. So the location doesn't even help to redeem anything about the horrible hotel. My favorite thing of all is the rule that you can't bring food and drinks into the hotel! I am sure they don't/can't enforce it, but to even have this rule is ridiculous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get Where You Need to Go. Welcome to the Century Kuching Hotel in Sarawak, East Malaysia, on the amazing island of Borneo. We're located in the middle of the BDC commercial hub, near The Spring mall. We're also near Kuching International Airport (KCH). Free to Choose. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, we've got you covered with outstanding event spaces and contemporary restaurants and a bar. We also offer plenty of ways to stay active - such as our 24-hour fitness centre and a great outdoor pool - and to stay connected - like our 24-hour business centre and free Wi-Fi in all public areas. You'll even get complimentary daily newspapers and bottled water. Don't worry; there are no hidden fees. Casual Comfort. Our 435 rooms and suites are designed to make you feel right at home ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Century Kuching Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Kuching
- Four Points By Sheraton Kuching Hotel Kuching
- Four Points Kuching