“business hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
London, United Kingdom
“business hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2010

The four points is located close to the airport. The hotel is a large, impersonal concrete block dominating the neigbourhood but with a surprisingly pleasant swimming pool/fitness. The rooms are large but freezing cold, especially the floor is extremely cold and the thin slippers provided by the hotel do not offer much comfort in the bathroom.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 30 December 2010
Hi nieuwpoort,

Thanks for your review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and gave us a good rating. In addition, it is nice to see that you enjoyed both the fitness center and pool area.

I have noted your feedback on the air-conditioning system being too cold in your room and I wish to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. While me make every effort to ensure our guest comfort our ambient temperature may not be ideal for all.

Should your travels take you back to Kuching, please let me know so we can make your next stay more comfortable.

Paolo Campillo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Indonesian first
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2010

Overall a nice hotel and staff.

However, it was a perfect stay. Without going into too much details, there was a problem with the assigned room at 5:00 am. The reception at 5:05 am said no problem with a room change later on the day to which I agreed. However, we were not moved until 2:45 pm--10 hours later. The reception apologized and gave an excuse that it had a heavy departure that day.

My point is that it would be common sense to clear up a room that is priority immediately when guest vacates by 12:00 pm. It is not guest's problem that it was a busy day, so why give that excuse. It wasted my time in my room and could not go anywhere waiting for the move. There was no courtesy to send a bellperson to help with the moving of the bags. we moved them. Unsincere apology that contained no action to prove it was an apology. In my opinion, someone ought to have follow up on guest problem and not me as a guest. After the move, there was no further issue for the remaining 5 days.

I would suggest to the Genreal Manager to train its staff to accept mistakes and do not give excuses to guests, and think all guests are stupid to accept.

Last comment, on behalf on my wife and ladies, the clothing drawers have no handles. Ladies will damage their finger nails! I guess the designer of the furniture was a man.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Hi BMWBMW,

Thanks for your review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching. I am pleased to read that your overall experience was a good one. The Four Points team works hard to get things right and it is nice to be recognized when we have done so.

I have noted your feedback with regard training our associates to handle guest concerns with empathy and enthusiam. I will include this in our training plans for 2011.

At Four Points we do take all comments to heart so that we can continue to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me, if your travels take you back to Kuching so that we can take care of you.

sydney, australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2010

I stayed here for just a night in March 2010, having made the booking through Asiatravel where they still had available a special rate, which was due to the hotel being new at that stage. I found out about the free shuttle bus which the hotel provides from the airport to the hotel and took advantage of it and checked in during the early afternoon. The hotel was only a short ride from the airport. Reception for the check-in was fine and the lobby itself was particularly large and spacious.

The Comfort room was also large and spacious, as was the bathroom, with a high ceiling contributing to the impression. Both were nicely appointed. I liked the wooden flooring and panelling in the room. The sitting area was also quite generously proportioned with a nice and comfortable sofa. The wooden decor helped the room to achieve a clean feel and the overall impression was of a room with a simple and clean design. The room was literally clean and not dusty. The switches and power points were also simple and easy to operate. Being new, there weren’t any signs of wear and tear.

The aircon system was mostly good with an uncomplicated and functional design, the temperatures seemed to be correct based on selection. However, the aircon fan did appear a little strong even on the weakest setting but that was probably needed to ensure the room stayed at the desired temperature.

The balcony was another aspect which could have been better because it did appear a little unsightly and out-of-place.

I tried the swimming pool which was large (hotel website says it’s a 40m pool) and it was a relaxing place to swim.

The clean and functional nature of the Four Points brand seems to place it in the same category as the Pullman from Accor and Doubletree by Hilton. It’s an interesting concept and one I’d be tempted to explore further, as I find the uncomplicated and functional approach to be quite stress-relieving.

I tried the room service in the evening and both the food and service were excellent. The staff members throughout the hotel were extremely helpful and polite. I didn’t encounter any staff members who disappointed. I asked about the shuttle bus to some of the nearest shopping centres, which the hotel provides at certain times. The staff member was very helpful in explaining the details.

The hotel is located close to the airport but not in the centre of town. However, there is a reasonably comprehensive shopping plaza located next to the hotel (RH Plaza), which I found to be quite good for groceries and eateries. I was able to try the wireless internet access in the lobby which was fast and reliable.

All in all, it was a highly satisfying stay.

NOTE: Videos of the hotel room can be found on my Youtube hotels page: http://www.youtube.com/AllHotelrooms

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Hi perryw,

Thanks for your great review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team works hard to deliver uncomplicated service and it is good to get the feedback when we deliver.

Please let us know if your travels ever take you back to Kuching!

Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

We stayed at your hotel Four Points in October and November 2010. We compliment you
with the highest praise. The view from the hotel room is lovely....the bed is very comfortable,
The service from the staff is impeccable. We enjoyed the fresh food from the restaurant.
We will recommend friends to stay there in the future.
We will stay at this hotel again when we visit Kuching again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2010
Hi melp212,

Thanks for your "Fantastic Stay" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I was happy to read your review and that we have exceeded your expectations on both your stays! I was even more pleased to read that we delivered on our brand promise of service from the heart.

Thanks in advance for recommending Four Points to your friends. Do drop me a line if any of them visit Kuching because we would be happy to look after them.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

Stay at Four Points By Sheraton Kuching for my Business Trip.
Rooms with great settings really give me a great and comfy stay. The bed is excellent, will never lose sleep. The hospitality of the hotel are excellent, so is the classy swimming pool and morning breakfast.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Hi melp212,

Thanks for your "Just Perfect" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

The team works very hard to deliver uncomplicated service and it looks like we have delivered on this occasion. I am pleased to read that you loved both our best in class Four Points Comfort Bed and our signature Four Points "What's For Breakfast?" selection; these are available across all Four Points in Asia Pacific.

We look forward to seeing you back in Kuching soon.

Penang
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

Second time stay at Four Points Kuching. Found the hotel by chance while making internet booking. The name Sheraton encouraged me to try. Very pleased with the facilities and service. Will continue to stay there whenever in Kuching. No doubt it is out of town, there are also many choices of local food at the coffee shops across the hotel.

At breakfast at hotel restaurant, had one of the best omelete.

After every stay, the GM sends personal mail. And he also replies to mails

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2010
Hi CPLee,

Thanks for the "5 star service" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I was pleased to read that your have enjoyed your stay with us. While we carry the "Sheraton" DNA we like to put some Four Points FUN into our brand. Our core values are about having FUN and delivering uncomplicated service from the heart and it looks like we have delivered. I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed the some of the coffee shops in the surrounding area. Please let me know on your next trip and I would be pleased share with you some of my personal favorites.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kuching soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

I booked this hotel on a last minute trip to Kuching and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is located close to the airport (yet no noisy), but Kuching is easily reached by cab. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and even helped me trying to arrange trips before my arrival. My room was spacious and very clean. I went for their promotional offer for a very cheap upgrade to a better room, which included free internet, breakfast and other benefits. The pool looked nice, although I did not actually made use of it. So all in all I had a great time at the hotel and if I go back to Kuching I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi squidgy007,

Thanks for the excellent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching! I am delighted that we have exceeded your expectations.

I have shared your feedback with the hotel team and I am sure this will keep in great spirits! At Four Points one of our brand values is to deliver uncomplicated service and it looks like they have done it again. In addition, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your sleep in our "Best In Class" Four Points by Sheraton Comfort Beds.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kuching soon.