“A clean Hotel good and well maintained for travellers”
Review of The LimeTree Hotel

Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A clean Hotel good and well maintained for travellers”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This Hotel is unique in the sense that it is "Clean" and well located right in the centre of Kuching City. The symbol for Kuching City is derived from the word "Kucing" (Bahasa Malaysia) which means "Cat". A photo is annexed herewith for easy viewing... One should know most of the foreign Tourists put up in this Hotel... Yes, from the stay in this Hotel, you can enjoy free breakfast that comes with all sorts of Malaysian taste of food such as "laksa", Chinese noodles, local fruits ...etc with many varieties of food you can name it.
Upon check in, you will get complimentary drinks... But this is not the ordinary complimentary drink, and there you will enjoy the "roof top" scenery view at the top of the Hotel Building. Any way, this Hotel stay is worth for the money you put in for the night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel deserves the Tripadvisor award it has won. From the beginning to the end the service was perfect. Whatever and wherever you need to go, the staff is quick and eager to arrange it. The breakfast offered a nice mix of local and continental selections. A complimentary lime drink can be enjoyed at the hotels rooftop bar with pretty views over city and out to the river. The rooms were of reasonable size and comfortable with the necessary amenities. And clean. The city is within easy walking distance to the riverside complex or a short taxi ride. We needed a fridge and a small fridge was quickly arranged. The service was always delivers with a smile and we received true Sarawak hospitality much like that we received throughout Sarawak. This hotel is highly recommended when visiting Kuching City.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Italy
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Clean and spacious room, reasonable breakfast, friendly and helpful staff. If you are on vacation that's all you need. Ok, it's not a 5 star but I did not expect it either... Keep in mind it's a good 10 minute walk from the more central area of the town. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My work requires me to travel to Kuching very often, so I have stayed in a lot of hotels. Lime Tree by far, is the best. =D

I didn't expect much of the hotel as most of the ones I've stayed in with the similar value were run-down hotels with a buffet breakfast that does not has much selection. Some, not included.

Imagine how surprised I was when I stepped foot into the lobby, finding it clean and chic! The rooms were clean and the mattress was comfortable. Pillows were fluff and soft it gave me such a good night's sleep! Breakfast was a bigger surprise when the small buffet counter could provide me with so many food choices! Even Laksa!

I would recommend anyone to check out the souvenir shop too! the t-shirts designs are so much better than the ones you see in souvenir shops outside and they're for a charity too!

Complimentary drink in the rooftop cafe was relaxing and I was able to have a pleasant meeting with my colleague. We enjoyed the meat balls very much as well.

However,there are a few things that needs improvement on.
1) Not Disabled / OKU friendly, only stairs in front of the lobby door.
2) The front office staff has repeated my room number out loud and there were other guests in the lobby and beside me when it happened. I was in the hotel line before, and it was common practice that a while informing guests their room number, is should not be spoken by word, but by by pointing on the room card or key cover. It is due to the privacy of every guest, and there's also security reasons too.

Overall, my stay was a pleasant one and I look forward to coming back again! =)

Room Tip: If you like natural sunlight, remember to get a room with windows. If you don't they have inner...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank DewyOng
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

The price you pay is in line with what you get. The overall ambience is nice and staff is friendly.
My room was clean but a bit small. Some more storage space would be advisable.
For my taste the mattrass was a both too thin and soft, not very good if you have back problems.
But overall not bad. Recommended if you want decent value for money.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Staying in the suite simply fabulous. Took the package of sweet suite room. Room is big got 1 night dinner and free airport shuttle. Staffs are friendly. Breakfast is simple but nice. Value for money. I really recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear vijayakuma,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at The LimeTree Hotel! My team and I are absolutely delighted to learn that you had a fabulous stay in our Executive Suite under our Sweet Suite Deal package. We are very pleased to read that you found your experience of good value and that you enjoyed the special package which includes a set dinner for two and a two-way airport transfer.

We thank you for your kind comments and commendation of us to others. Your satisfaction is regarded our most valuable reward. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us the next time you are in Kuching!

Best regards,

Julie Tay - Resident Manager
Malaysia
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The reviews makes me decided to choose Lime Tree for my stay in Kuching, maybe it not near to town, but you can find a lot of hawker store behind the hotel to try for the local food. The room comfortable and the bed linen is clean, makes me have a very good sleep here.
For the last day we stay, we ask to extend the check out time since my friend is not feeling well, and really appreciate to the help of the receptionist as they extend for us with FOC.
Overall, the hotel is clean and the staff very friendly. The price is reasonable for 3 stars hotel.
But, i do have some comment about the bathroom, the towel smelly and looks very old as frayed at the edges, slightly grey in color when compare to another towel which looks more new, and the bathroom was not clean with dirt, so i have a little bit disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear ChongSY,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Kuching and for taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased to learn that you found us to be of good value and that you had a very good sleep during your stay.

We have noted your comments on the condition of the bathroom and towels provided; we are regretful to learn that they were not up to standard during your stay. Here at The LimeTree, we pride ourselves on the high standards of cleanliness and comfort that we provide; therefore, please accept our apologies for this service shortfall. The importance of paying attention to detail has been re-emphasised with our housekeeping team, and time and care will be taken to ensure our bathroom maintenance remain consistent.

Your feedback is much appreciated and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends back for another city getaway. Best wishes from all at The LimeTree!

Kind regards,