“Nice Hotel but...”
Review of M Hotels

M Hotels
Ranked #34 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I have bad experience when I tried to call this hotel to confirm my reservation. Due to work, I only able to check in 7-8pm. I tried to call the hotel when I reached Kuching to confirm my reservation however, I called more than 3 times, operators keep telling me reservation was engaged. This is ridiculous, how can a hotel reservation engage for most of the time? some more that is not peak season.

Overall that is a nice and new hotel.
Please do not have high expectation of breakfast.

Room Tip: Tower A is new compare to Tower B
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 July 2011

stay there for 1 night only. we do drive a vehicle prior checked in.
had a feeling that this hotel were lack of staff.
everything was slow , like if u need something or if u asked for something.
we had a 2 room apartment type. with kitchen and 2 bathroom.
refrigerator, microwave and even washing machine are available too.

got creepy when parking your car in the basement. cant find anyone and even other vehicle when we reach the lowest level of the basement hotel car park. maybe it was because of a dedicated parking level for hotel guest.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank kartono_huang
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I've stayed in block A of the hotel. The room is clean and good condition, but breakfast is limited and simple. There are shopping center and supermarket at the ground floor. Decent for the price paid.

Room Tip: Avoid the cheap rate rooms as there aint windows.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Overnight transit in Kuching and after reviewing all the facilities and got a good offer from agoda, decided to try it. The hotel is quite far from the airport as well as from regional bus terminal. One way trip to/from the airport or bus terminal costs MYR25. I book for an apartment type room and got a large bed room, a guest room separated from bed room and a complete kitchen with large fridge, gas stove, microwave and some utensils. The rate included complimentary breakfast and in-room cable internet. Swimming pool is on the 4th floor with nice looking view of Sarawak river. The hotel itself is attached on Hock Lee Shopping center where supermarkets, department store and restaurants available from 1st to 3rd floor. The only downside was the unavailability of room service and money changer. So if you were arriving late at night, prepare yourself to starve until breakfast :(

Room Tip: ask for room facing Sarawak river, 10th fl above
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank BillyGabriel
Reviewed 2 June 2011

What i like about this hotel is only one thing - the room! it is clean n nicely decorated. The bed is comfortable too. But i dont like the location. Very far from riverfront(town). There is no decent restaurant around the hotel at all! They hv in-house cafe but sadly it closes early during my stay (because of public hol) and i coundnt get my dinner. I have to take cab most of my meal time. They hv shuttle svc but unfortunately it is fully booked everytime i asked! Bad timing and they shud increase the shuttle svc. Not recommended for muslim at all! No halal restaurant around. Cab is rm13 one way to town and cost us rm26 to and fro everytime we went to get our meal at riverfront. such a waste! after counted our cab money, it is much cheaper if we stay in 5 stars hotel in front of riverfront because we can always walk anytime at all and dont cost a thing...regret that i chose this hotel...

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Airport Pick-Up
The driver was so irresponsible. He was driving so fast as if he was in scene of Fast & Furious seriously disregarding the passengers' safety. Also texting and talking on the phone while driving! Then halfway beating the traffic jam he made a U-turn and went back to the airport without telling us. It left us puzzling what was going on. From the phone conversation he "left" some of the passengers at the airport. But he didn't pick up any! Took us almost an hour to reach the hotel. Waste lots of our time. Definitely didn't help to ease the 14hours flight.

Room.
Room was nice and well done. The deco was modern and clean and new. Bed was nice. Pillows were awesome. I snoozed immediately after landing my head. Toilet was wide and clean.

Buffet Breakfast.
Food was ok but not many choices. Mainly the local food.

Pool.
Clean.

Overall
Overall I'm not crazy about this hotel. The only thing is it's cheaper than the one in waterfront. But if you have transport i.e car rental you're fine but if you rely on your foot, better stay in the CBD.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank MatRasul
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I'm used to staying in global chains eg: Hilton, Sheraton, Marriott, Accord etc but decided to give this place a try, see-ing the 360Hotel brand is expanding very quickly.

Was very very pleased throughout my stay and the price further sweetens the deal ! Used their airport transfer which was less than a pound for the 10km journey. Driver was knowledgeable and friendly.

Check in was a breeze, and the rooms were indeed fantastic ! This is my 3rd visit to Kuching, and have to say this is by far the best compared to Hilton (old, dirty) or Pullman (new but soft bed). The 360 in comparison was comfortable and carpets were steam cleaned (delayed me going in by 15 minutes) but that was no matter since I spent the time in the connected shopping complex.

All the facilities are within 4-star standards including a 24hour gym (small, but i was there for 2 hours and nobody else came in). Noticed renovation works going on and was told a new restaurant, spa and "Sky Lounge" was being added.

I was expecting a budget hotel since I paid about 20GBP for the night. How mistaken I was ! Rooms come with free internet, satellite television, good bfast, gym facilities and a superb view of the city.

Can't recommend this hotel enough. Huge 4 star rooms, Friendly & honest staff (left my wallet in the gym, but was promptly returned), free underground parking, shopping complex and just a 2 minute taxi ride to the city / or Borneo Convention Center. Will certainly be returning and hope to try out the new wing !

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business