“One of the best”

Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
Peakhurst, Australia
“One of the best”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The hotel is centrally located, within an easy walk to the town and attractions, and the staff are extremely helpful and courteous. We had a twin room that was very spacious and clean, with its own desk and plenty of space for 2 of us to use our computers. Breakfast was well presented with lots of choices.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear rosscoSdyney,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

Thank you so much!! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and the foods here at Sarawak, Pullman Kuching. We hope you travel to Sarawak, Malaysia again soon. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Eric Tan.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Penang
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Pullman Kuching is centrally located. Walking distance to waterfront. You can walk to many places like chinatown. There are many food outlets located nearby. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Requests are immediately attended to. Rooms are very spacious and clean. It is really value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for high floors so that you can enjoy the city view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank FookOn
Dear Fook On N,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

Thanks a lot for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Pullman was one of the newest hotel in Kuching even though it is already four years old, as I read somewhered. The first thing that strikes me as I enter the lobby for the first time was the spacious, high-glass ceilinged and walled, reception area. I walked in at around noon and can't help but feel amazed by the wonderful sensation of 'out of this world-ish' grandeur, with the bright sun shining through the ceiling and walls coupled with the cooled, smoke-free, air-conditioned interior. It is also connected to the Hills shopping mall for added convenience plus there are rows of shop houses around it. Taxis are abundant outside the lobby and the river front is also within a short walking distance. I would say that the location is ideal if you are looking to stay in Kuching city area. The room was tile-floored, spacious and clean with comfortable king-size bed and luxurious beddings. The bath room was also spacious with both shower cubicle (the largest amongst all hotels I have been to) and a bath-tub. Basic amenities like coffeee making stuffs, iron and ironing board was provided. However, it was simply too " bright, cold and hard" and too "hygienic" to my liking. In other words, it sort of made sure that you remember, you are just staying temporarily in a hotel room. It lacks that homely, warm and cosy feeling. But I love the coffee mugs, though. For me, I would prefer the other much cheaper hotel in Kuching that I stayed in two weeks ago. It is just a matter of individual preference but to be fair, the Pullman gave good facilities and service all round. The food are also good with a wide buffet choice for breakfast. One small thing, there was a fly that keeps bugging me at my table. Could it be the same one observed by a previous reviewer? Another small grouse is regarding room wi-fi. First, It was not really fast, it fact it took quite a long time for me to download a copy of the STAR e-paper on a Sunday morning. Second, you can only connect one device at a time using the room ID. So, you have to disconnect from one device in order to re-connect to another, which, I think is an unneccesary procedure. If the intention is to limit wi-fi traffic from each room, it does not really work, actually. On the other hand, it could irritate room guests, like it did to me. Nowadays you can always use 'Connectify' to share network among devices. Overall, I would say that the hotel will score well with most people. One last note regarding booking. I called the hotel number to make a reservation but nobody answered. I then called the toll free 1-800 number. It was answered and I was helped with the reservation. However, the call duration was unusually long at 16mins 24seconds, a substantial amount of time spent on spelling out my name and place of work, letter by letter. It was quite annoying for me because my name is quite common and simple in Malaysia and my employer is a very well known organisation in Malaysia. One reason could be language/cultural barrier. Probably I am asking too much because since it was a hotel in Malaysia, I expected a local staff to answer my call. I was also quoted a much higher room rate, but when I mentioned the lower rates published by the hotel website, he asked me how much??, and after a short-to-medium wait, proposed the same rate as on the internet. My advice is to check out several sources for the best room rate.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Khairi W,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you had difficulty experience in our hotel. We always to try to ensure our services in the very best and to get good hospitality service in a timely manner. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at Eric.TAN@accor.com.

Best wishes to you!

Regards, Eric Tan.
Miri
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I'm positively sure that this hotel was build for people who are in town for business. Its very professional looking. The rooms are reasonable in size and the matress are very comfortable. The pillows on the hand are nice and soft but a bit too soft for me. Well, they can't please everybody can they??? I'm sure there are many people out there who loves soft pillows :). The Bathroom is huge, with a shower place and a bathtub.

The breakfast was yummy!!! I like the Laksa, but besides that they had a variety of choices...so it was good! The sad thing to this was, like a review I read on this hotel, there was a fly flying around the pastry section....:(. I was hoping that review would be wrong...but it was right..unfortunately... and I'm actually surprise that none of the staff did anything about it. Why is that so I wonder???

But overall, very nice hotel. If you are on a Business Trip, its the hotel for you. If you down with your Family and would like a really clean hotel, then this is also the hotel for you...but if you want a place that is nice and homey...then maybe not. But I'm guessing most of us are more interested on the cleanliness of the hotel more than anything else.

Ok, getting way too long winded here. That's it from me! Over and out!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jacqie_yee
Dear jacqie_yee,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

I would like to thank you for your feedback on recent stay with us. We will review the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Best wishes to you!

Regards, Eric Tan.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Pullman delivered comfort and convenience during our 2 night stay in Kuching, Sarawak. The staff were professional, our room was spacious with a plush bed and functional facilities, and most importantly, the hotel is within walking distance of most major attractions and restaurants. It is situated just above the Hills shopping mall and is only minutes away from Topspot, an open air seafood foodcourt that is popular with both locals and tourists. The Pullman has definitely set the benchmark for a luxurious hotel accomodation in the heart of Kuching.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jollivet
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Jollivet,

Langkawi, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Though it is 4yrs old, the property still looks new. Excellent!!! I was upgraded to the executive level for some strange unknown reason. Very happy. The girls on the executive floor are super efficient & go out of their way to assist you. True Borneo hospitality that I have been enjoying for a long....long time.

The only downfall is some of the young staffs are totally untrained, forget to smile and has lost their Sarawakian Hospitality. Especially the front desk staffs on night shift. Oh that is a total letdown for Pullman. Kindly train your front liners down there and not to take things for granted as the business can just drop, just because this people.

Nevertheless, I would recommend anyone & everyone to this property still because they have more plus then minus. The banquet staffs for Petra II was awesome too. This is one of a few hotel that enjoy having meals. Normally I avoid. Truly good food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Baskie,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

Thanks a lot for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We will review the shortfall for future improvements. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.