“Large Modern Hotel in Kuching”
Review of Pullman Kuching

Pullman Kuching
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The hotel is on a hill overlooking the city and across to the river and mountains. Fantastic views! The rooms are massive. They are modern, very clean and spacious.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful.
There is a choice of restaurants in the hotel. The main one offers a differently themed buffet each evening as well as A La Carte. Breakfast is an extensive and very fresh buffet. The food is all of extremely good quality.
There is a large pool and sunbathing terrace with sunbeds as well as a very modern fitness room with a good choice of exercise equipment.
The hotel also has a relaxing spa offering massages and relaxation treatments.
The Waterfront is only a few minutes walk downhill.Here you'll find plenty of shops (small family run souvenir shops as well as local shops plus a modern shopping mall). From the waterfront you can take a cruise on the river plus there are plenty of seats for just sitting and people watching.
A taxi from the airport only cost MYR26 (about 5 pounds sterling) in Nov 2013 and took about 20 minutes - good value!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear StephenHalifaxUK,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

Thanks a lot for your feedback on your recent stay and enjoyed with us here. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at Eric.TAN@accor.com.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Reviewed 26 November 2013

If food is important to you besides a comfortable nite stay, then this hotel is THE CHOICE! We love the breakfasts spread and its central location to all the tourists spots nearby. After breakfasts, we just took a short walk to Waterfront area to check out those handicraft items. If you want to try out local food, then there are many cafes and restaurants nearby.

I would definitely want to stay in this hotel again on my next trip,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BorneoKid
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear (name),

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

Thanks a lot for your feedback on your recent stay with us. Glad to hear to you and your couple enjoyed the foods. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

The hotel is centrally located, within an easy walk to the town and attractions, and the staff are extremely helpful and courteous. We had a twin room that was very spacious and clean, with its own desk and plenty of space for 2 of us to use our computers. Breakfast was well presented with lots of choices.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear rosscoSdyney,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

Thank you so much!! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and the foods here at Sarawak, Pullman Kuching. We hope you travel to Sarawak, Malaysia again soon. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Pullman Kuching is centrally located. Walking distance to waterfront. You can walk to many places like chinatown. There are many food outlets located nearby. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Requests are immediately attended to. Rooms are very spacious and clean. It is really value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for high floors so that you can enjoy the city view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank FookOn

Dear Fook On N,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

Thanks a lot for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Sharon G
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Pullman was one of the newest hotel in Kuching even though it is already four years old, as I read somewhered. The first thing that strikes me as I enter the lobby for the first time was the spacious, high-glass ceilinged and walled, reception area. I walked in at around noon and can't help but feel amazed by the wonderful sensation of 'out of this world-ish' grandeur, with the bright sun shining through the ceiling and walls coupled with the cooled, smoke-free, air-conditioned interior. It is also connected to the Hills shopping mall for added convenience plus there are rows of shop houses around it. Taxis are abundant outside the lobby and the river front is also within a short walking distance. I would say that the location is ideal if you are looking to stay in Kuching city area. The room was tile-floored, spacious and clean with comfortable king-size bed and luxurious beddings. The bath room was also spacious with both shower cubicle (the largest amongst all hotels I have been to) and a bath-tub. Basic amenities like coffeee making stuffs, iron and ironing board was provided. However, it was simply too " bright, cold and hard" and too "hygienic" to my liking. In other words, it sort of made sure that you remember, you are just staying temporarily in a hotel room. It lacks that homely, warm and cosy feeling. But I love the coffee mugs, though. For me, I would prefer the other much cheaper hotel in Kuching that I stayed in two weeks ago. It is just a matter of individual preference but to be fair, the Pullman gave good facilities and service all round. The food are also good with a wide buffet choice for breakfast. One small thing, there was a fly that keeps bugging me at my table. Could it be the same one observed by a previous reviewer? Another small grouse is regarding room wi-fi. First, It was not really fast, it fact it took quite a long time for me to download a copy of the STAR e-paper on a Sunday morning. Second, you can only connect one device at a time using the room ID. So, you have to disconnect from one device in order to re-connect to another, which, I think is an unneccesary procedure. If the intention is to limit wi-fi traffic from each room, it does not really work, actually. On the other hand, it could irritate room guests, like it did to me. Nowadays you can always use 'Connectify' to share network among devices. Overall, I would say that the hotel will score well with most people. One last note regarding booking. I called the hotel number to make a reservation but nobody answered. I then called the toll free 1-800 number. It was answered and I was helped with the reservation. However, the call duration was unusually long at 16mins 24seconds, a substantial amount of time spent on spelling out my name and place of work, letter by letter. It was quite annoying for me because my name is quite common and simple in Malaysia and my employer is a very well known organisation in Malaysia. One reason could be language/cultural barrier. Probably I am asking too much because since it was a hotel in Malaysia, I expected a local staff to answer my call. I was also quoted a much higher room rate, but when I mentioned the lower rates published by the hotel website, he asked me how much??, and after a short-to-medium wait, proposed the same rate as on the internet. My advice is to check out several sources for the best room rate.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Khairi W,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you had difficulty experience in our hotel. We always to try to ensure our services in the very best and to get good hospitality service in a timely manner. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Best wishes to you!