“Located in the centre of the city” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pullman Kuching

Pullman Kuching
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
BINTULU
“Located in the centre of the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We love the room, the modern design and comfortable bed. The bathroom was spacious & also one of the best design that i had seen. Very convenient as the hotel is in adjacent to the shopping mall and a walking distance away from the TopSpot, one of the famous seafood outlets.

The breakfast was just ok, the hotel tried to present local delicacies but some of the food had no taste, tourist that unfamiliar with local delicacies could just jump into a conclusion that our local food were awful.

When we tried to book for a spa, the girl said the spa was fully booked for the entire day although we went very early and i saw that the spa was very spacious and empty. The hotel should add more staff for the spa then.

A little pricey though, convenient for business traveller but not for those who are looking for resort type of hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NURY888

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I normally rate a hotel higher when their event staff worked well with me and this was the case for Pullman Hotel Kuching (I am not sure why the name is Peraya Longhousestay on tripadvisor but it was Pullman Hotel Kuching when I went last week).

I was helping out with my cousin's wedding and their event coordinator Marina was super helpful. The AV guy and the banquet staff were also very efficient. Quality of the banquet food and the service during the banquet were all great and I will recommend this hotel for hosting a big wedding banquet (There were 350 guests for this wedding).

As an out of town guest, I also stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The room and bathroom were huge! I slept in an extra bed and it was still very comfortable. I did notice leaking of water near the toilet and sink area but since it was not bothering us, we didn't report it.

I thought the walk-in closet as part of the bathroom was a weird concept because it means no access to the clothes if someone is using the bathroom unless the hotel designer actually expected us to not close the bathroom door when we are doing our business? Technically I guess it is possible because the toilet is situated in the bathroom area that is not visible to the person standing in the closet area but it means the person using the bathroom will have to "trust" that the person at the closet area will not peek inside? It is just a strange concept.

Another thing I dislike is the low lighting/no lighting situation in this hotel. While I understand the hotel's desire to save energy and use sunlight as the natural light for the lobby area and for the corridor area (afterall we are in Malaysia with lots of sunlight), in reality, this made for very strange lighting condition throughout the day.

Basically, the lobby is too bright when the sun comes out and too dark after the sun goes down. I also find it difficult to navigate at the second floor one early morning before sunrise to find my way to the fitness center because that floor had no light on. I actually felt rather unsafe when another male guest appeared and we both were searching for the fitness center in the dark. Later on I noticed there was a sign for the fitness center near the elevator but because it was so dark, I missed it completely. The good news is the fitness center was very nice once I actually found it!

Service at the front desk was not always the best either. I stood in line and someone cut in front of me and the fronk desk clerk decided to serve him instead of me. I expected the clerk to tell the guy there is a line but I guess she was afraid of him or not afraid enough of me. :)

Our room keys also malfunctioned during our stay but the front desk was able to fix them for me without any problem. Speaking of room keys, the security feature at this hotel required us to insert the room key to access our hotel room floor. In reality, this could take a long time and not everyone could get it right the first time. It would be nicer if we only need to tap the room key to the sensor instead of actually inserting the key inside the elevator.

As for the food at the restaurants, I ate breakfast for three times at the main restaurant and had a cup of coffee at the coffee shop. Both were decent. I also enjoyed the live music in the lounge even though I was just sitting at the lobby and chatting with my cousin.

Taxi fare was about RM30 to the airport and it was a fast ride. Too bad I didn't get to explore much around the hotel area itself but I saw lots of eateries and I think one could easily walk to the river front.

There was a little shopping mall attached to the hotel and across from the hotel, there was a salon where I got my hair done for the wedding. Overall, this is a convenient location even if you don't have a car. I think the price for this hotel is very reasonable and I will recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jls3721
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Jls3721,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

We are regret to inform that for the past month we are not able to reply your feedback due to the system problem. I would like to thank you for your feedback on recent stay with us. We are rest assured and review the shortfall for future improvements. . I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at Eric.TAN@accor.com.

Best wishes to you.
Aachen, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Very big hotel in small city - the hotel has oversized lobby area, but it looks empty and cold. No one will greet you in the entrance until you find yourself the reception. Free wifi only in the lobby area, and the password need to be renewed every two hour, very slow and bad connection. A 50 MYR extra charge for in-room internet usage with an hour complimentary, however the connection is super lousy and difficult to connect, really wasting my time even though the 50 ringgit extra. The positive thing, the hotel has a big pool. Breakfast is okay. I don't want to go back here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Zu-dritt
Dear Zu-dritt,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

We would like to apologize for the past month that we are not able to reply your feedback due to the system problem. I would like to thank you for your feedback on recent stay with us. We will review the shortfall for future improvements.

Best wishes to you.
West Calder, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

We had a very comfortable stay in this hotel after a very long flight to get here. Fantastic views from the large hotel windows. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable, couldn't ask for more. Large outdoor swimming pool, good restaurants, cafes.
Entertainment was a little loud and out of character for this hotel, which I think explains why there wasn't very many people sitting around the bar to listen to the music.
Ideal hotel to explore the town, all within walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have good views,
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David F
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear David F,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

Firstly of all, we would like to inform that for the past month we are not able to reply your feedback due to the system problem. I would like to thank you for your feedback on recent stay with us. We will rest assured and review the shortfall for future improvements.

Best wishes to you!

Regards, Eric Tan.
Scunthorpe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

The pulman is a really nice hotel very light and spacious and the rooms are all light spacious and very modern the bathrooms are exceptionally good, I would say that this hotel is more suitable for a business traveller rather than tourists, the bar area in the foyer was always empty it was very expensive and a bit soulless, and also the hotel is situated on a hill so when walking back to the hotel in 33degree heat it can be very hard work

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Wendy M,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching!

Firstly of all, we would like to informed that for the past month we are not able to reply your feedback due to the system problem. Thanks a lot for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Thank you and best wishes to you.

Regards,
Eric Tan.
Islamabad, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Free Wifi in lounge
Excellent food but most of food was sea one :p
Hi-Tea was good and really liked the pastries !
Staff was very friendly and they solved my internet problem also.
final verdict: nice place to stay !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear UsamaPerwez,

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! Thanks a lot for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Thank you and best wishes to you.

Regards,