Pullman Kuching
Priceline
US$28
US$23
2,155 results
All reviewsyoga matpuzzle restaurantthe riverdeluxe roomhuge bathroomchinese restauranttop spotshopping mallmodern hotelexecutive floorseafoodbreakfast buffetlobby areabusiness tripf brain showerfront office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great location and comfortable rooms, spacious, a few decent English channels on tv. Roomy bathrooms, but the lamps had very dim bulbs in them, difficult for reading, and the overhead reading light did not work. Good price and amazing view for me as I was on the 15th floor (but was not west facing for the amazing sunsets of Kuching!). Comfy sitting chair, nice desk, mini bar was empty, but this is convenient if you want to stock it yourself. Nice to have tea and coffee service in room.

Staff and food left a lot to be desired. Front desk staff spoke English well, but some staff in restaurants and cafes could barely communicate. Very limited restaurants, the small cafe in the lobby with cakes and snacks was not good at all. The Puzzle restaurant offers a very mixed breakfast buffet. Many offerings, so you can find something to eat, but pastries not good and no decaf coffee or tea bags--all coffee and tea is premade and self serve. I also ordered room service and it was also ok, but not great.

This hotel is attached to a shopping mall, but it is a very sad and empty shopping mall, really nothing on offer, no decent restaurants. But many things within walking distance. The Hilton is located nearby, but not sure it is that much better.

Room Tip: Higher floor nice for views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Arunachalam10
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Arunachalam10,

Thank you on your positive comments, with the exception of quality of pastry products served at Cafe Chat at the lobby level. We will definitely look into that matter, as well as the serving of decaf coffee and tea selection during breakfast at our Puzzle Restaurant.

We appreciate your comments and we strive to improve our service for all our guests at Pullman Kuching.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. You may contact me via email at h6332-sl9@accor.com .

Thank you.

With warm regards,
Borhan Bin Salleh
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Both my husband and I stayed at the Pullman for 3 nights recently. Honest to God, it wasn't our first choice, but I am glad that we made the decision to stay at Pullman. We got in from KL rather late, and we were extremely tired.. thankfully for Khaleed of Front Office who greeted us with much warmth and smiles, we had forgotten all the setbacks we had faced earlier; flight delayed, long walk to the terminal at the new airport, etc. We were also pleasantly surprised when our room was upgraded (thanks to Khaleed again!) to a Family Room! Good ending for a long night I must say!!

The days ahead were pleasant.. breakfast at the Puzzle was great, I just love the pastries and them croissants! We didn't stay in much as I had a conference to attend in the mornings and we were out discovering the many splendors of Sarawak in the afternoon. We called in for room service one our last night at Pullman, service was fast and the grilled chicken with mashed pumpkin was just out of this world!

Getting to town was easy.. taxis were in abundance outside the hotel.. or if you choose to walk, the waterfront was just 10 minutes away. The best seafood eatery, Top Spot was also a stone throw away.. Hills Shopping Complex is just below the hotel. Don't need to go out to find an ATM or if you need some local coffee fix, old town coffee are amongst eateries that can be found at Hills.

Thank you Pullman for making my stay in Kuching memorable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear mazayu70,

Thank you so much on your wonderful and possitive comments during your stay with us at Pullman Kuching. You have difinitely made the best choice of staying with us at Pullman Kuching.

We have passed along the praises and possitve comments towards our Front Office and Food and Beverage associates. We hope you would choose Pullman Kuching on your next visit to Kuching, Sarawak.

Thank you.
With warm regards,
Borhan Bin Salleh
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 days 3 nights with my husband and 4 month old son. I had an international conference at the hotel. We requested for a specific time for housekeeping to go around my son's sleeping time. We gave then ample time to clean because we were either out for lunch or by the pool. Three times they didn't show up on the first day. We kept having to call and asking them to come. The same thing happened the second day. My husband had to carry our sleeping son in the lobby while waiting for the room to be cleaned.

During breakfast the first two days a male staff was very helpful in getting us some tea and coffee sent to our table as he saw us with an infant. On the third day we asked Yusri to assist us. He rudely told us to help ourselves and went over to another table to chat with some other guests. It's very customary for 5 star hotels to serve guests coffee/tea.

We had to call reception three times from our room phone before someone picked up. Concierge didn't pick up at all.

Breakfast menu was 90% the same dishes for the duration of the stay. On our last day the pancake and roti canai were like dry biscuits.

This explains why this hotel didn't win a tripadvisor award last year. I wouldn't stay here again unless I had absolutely no choice. With hilton across the road I will recommend to my office that we change our accommodation.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Suganthy S,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Kuching. I sincerely apolgise that your experience did not meet your expectations. I will investigate and find out from the front office and restaurant regarding your feedback, in order to prevent occurances like this in the future.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please be assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the points highlighted.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you. If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. Alternatively you can contact me directly at h6332-gm1@accor.com

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Is it a good idea to choose any stay based on its sisters' reputation? Well, not when it's Kuching Pullman.

Room ok, but could do with better toiletries. Lobby was huge, but for what? only for a good first impression...

Front office service was poor; hardly a smile from anyone from behind the counter! Hello ... this is supposed to be a 4.5* hotel, could we have some friendly professional service please. Who is doing who a service here?

Didn't have time to try out the pool. Neither the restaurants cos we were out to sample the local cuisine. The breakfast spread was good, at least something good to say abt the hotel.

Location is not that central in Kuching; we"d stay in a hotel more central in Kuching ...

There were wedding receptions on all the nites when we were there. Yes, perhaps Kuching Pulman is ideal for receptions: big lobby, banquet hall overlooks the lobby and a grand entrance to the hotel. But for vacation stay? I'd pass, sorry,not worth my hard- earned money.

Kuching Pullman, you have a lot to learn! You're just about to lose a good customer here. Our entourage of 18 is coming to Kuching again for our son's wedding... but l don't think Pullman's in our llist of priorities ...

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Zid A,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Kuching. I sincerely apolgise that your experience did not meet your expectations. I will investigate and find out from the front office and housekeeping departments regarding your feedback. I am pleased that you did find the breakfast spread to your liking.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please be assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the points highlighted to prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you. If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. Alternatively you can contact me directly at h6332-gm1@accor.com

I do hope to hear from you and be your host for the upcoming wedding for your son.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Of our seven days in Sarawak, the one night we spent in this hotel was our worst. Although it's beautiful inside, the service at the front desk was lacking. Nobody would take responsibility for the problems we faced (such as dried pee on the toilet seat upon check-in, which left us concerned about unseen dirt or the fact that we had to change key cards every single time we left our room - four times in total). Though the management did change our room immediately for us and offer unlimited wi-fi in exchange, I felt we really had to make a fuss to get that and even then their attitude was not very hospitable. To summarize, each time we complained about a legit problem, the attitude we got back was it's not my fault. Either it was our bad luck or the quality of service and cleanliness has recently gone downhill.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Esther_Lai:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Kuching. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I will investigate and find out from both the front office, housekeeping and food & beverage departments what went wrong, and instill the processes that we have in place, to prevent further occurrences of this nature.

We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best