“No staff mans the priority counter”
Review of Pullman Kuching

Pullman Kuching
Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“No staff mans the priority counter”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am really disappointed with the front counter poor service. Since my last stay for 2 nights on 3rd January, 2014 to 5th January, 2014 and recent stay for 1 night on 12th July, 2014, I've found that there was nobody maned at the priority counter for members of Le Club Accorhotels and even worst still the duty manager was also not available. A 5-star hotel with a lousy front counter service is really needed to look into seriously for the immediate improvement, otherwise if the situation is still going on, the hotel will lose a lot of regular customers and I will be the one definitely.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Mr Peter Ting,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor on your previous experience staying with us at Pullman Kuching. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us.

We have taken notice of your comments concerning the short of manning at our Front Office Counter and we are taking immediate actions to rectify the issue. Our Front Office Manager is in the midst of coming up with action plans to revive the services at the Front Counter.

We thank you for your continued support and hope we will have the pleasure of serving you and your family again soon.

May you have a wonderful week ahead.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hotel has a nice lobby, grand and nice. The room is spacious with most of the amenities.
Buffet breakfast has a good spread, egg station, local food, cereals, noddle station etc. There
is a very small mall (2 floors only) below the hotel, nothing much to buy but there are some
restaurants for a meal. Service was average though. The safe was not working and I told them to
fix it, next day, it was still not working.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Agnes_Tan12
Dear Ms Agnes Tan,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of Pullman Kuching on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Pullman Kuching. Your comments inspire us to strive harder in servicing our clients.

Please accept my sincerest apology on falling short in servicing the safe deposit box in the previous room that you stayed in. It would be very much appreciated if you could email to me your previous room number so we could fix the safe deposit box. You may email to me at h6332@accor.com.

Once again, thank you for your kind review and we would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest at Pullman Kuching. We look forward to welcoming you back here again in the future.

May you have a great week ahead.

malaysia
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Front desk was friendly and helpful. Room was average, shower head did not work well. I have gotten a non smoking floor but the toilet smelt of cigarette smoke every day after I returned from meeting. Check out was smooth.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear hellothere,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review Pullman Kuching on Tripadvisor and your feedback is very improtant to us. I would like to investigate into your feedback concerning to the defected shower head and having the room with heavy smell of cigarette. Would you kind enough to email to me personally on the details of your stay with us, so that we could rectify the defect in the room? You may email to me personally at h6332@accor.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and we hope to see you again at Pullman Kuching on your next visit to Kuching, Sarawak.

Have a great weekend ahead.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

First time i come to kuching and i choose pullman hotel to stay. But when i arrived at this hotel no bellman to assist me and the front office staff is rude,no smile at all. I hope the management must improve the service. The room is very nice and clean,i love the city view..

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank EB J
Dear EB J,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and please accept my sincerest apologies on your previous experience staying with us at Pullman Kuching. We have taken notice on your concerns about the lack of Bellman around lobby area to assist with guests luggages and the attitude of our Front Office Staff.

I will highlight this matter to our Front Office Manager and work together with her so that this would not happen again in the future. It is through feedback such as yours that we able to maintain the quality of our services to our guests.

On behalf of the Pullman Kuching team, once again we wish to thank you for your support and hope that the unpleasant incident will not in any way prevent you from coming back to Pullman Kuching. We look forward to welcoming you back here again on your next trip to Kuching.

Have a great week ahead.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We got an deluxe room as recommended by other on TA and we were glad we did. The room was huge with a spectacular view up on the 13th floor. The bathroom was also large with a generous shower and separate bath taking in views of the river.
The wifi was a little slow at times and the pool isn't particularly hot. The spa is the same temperature as the pool so pretty disappointing for a spa (but the bath in our room made up for it). The gym however is impressive and a class available for free most days 5:45pm for 1 hour. I saw one while working out and it looked fun (only 2 people in the class, so no where for some one as uncoordinated as me to hide).
Breakfast is average, to be fair it is typical of Malaysian banquet type breakfasts. We stayed 3 nights and the breakfast on the first 2 days was pretty lacking in flavour and service (as others have mentioned there are staff but they avoid eye contact like professionals!). The last morning however we ate later (after 8am) and there was more choice including some delightful fresh fruit (mango stein and dragon fruit) as well as some under ripe fruit which I can only imagine was there for display (star fruit, rambutan) but we tried it non the less.
I agree that the reception staff leave a little to be desired, no offer of a map or recommendations volunteered when we checked in. We were 30 minutes prior to check in (1:30pm instead of 2pm) and our room wasn't ready.
We ate one evening in the Déjà Vu bar which was quite pleasant, the food and service was good, we ate two of the tapas sets as well as a tapas portion of the beef redang (huge and delicious). We had a 50R rebate for an on site restaurant when spending 100R so with a pint of Guinness and a Lychee cocktail it was great value at 57R after the rebate.
The location is great with good views and access to everything you need, we walked everywhere and enjoyed the exercise.
We would recommend staying here, the room was fantastic and Kuching offers a lovely atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Mmsie
Dear Mmsie,

May I begin by thanking you for your review on Tripadvisor and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Pullman Kuching. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us in maintaining and to improve our services towards all our guests.

Please accept my sincerest apology on falling short on some of the services by our personnel. Rest assure that I will highlight to the respective Department Heads so it would not happen again in the future.

May I end by saying that was a pleasure to serve you at Pullman Kuching and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. We hope the experience will not alter your confidence in Pullman Kuching.

Have a wonderful weekend ahead.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms are spacious and clean, but the beds were very hard. The location was also great, central to eating, shopping and the waterfront.
However, the service we received here is the worst we have received at any hotel and we have travelled throughout Europe, Asia and Australia extensively. The staff were very unfriendly and not very helpful. We had a lot of issues getting internet access and they made no apology and were less than gracious whilst resolving the issue. If you stay here, I also suggest not including breakfast as the service and food alike was terrible. There were a lot of staff but when you needed assistance no one could be found although they were not busy. The coffee was stone cold and it took several attempts to get a hot cup delivered with no apology for the delay. Generally the hotel was good but the service was terrible, would definitely not recommend as there are cheaper hotels nearby that are equally as good with a lot better service

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Gabro58
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Gabro58,

May I begin by thanking you for your review on Tripadvisor for your visit to Pullman Kuching recently, and may I extend my sincerest apology for your the unpleasant experience during your stay.

I would bring up this matter to all our Head of Departments in order to rectify all the issues that you encountered during your stay with us. I know this does not help you, but rest assure that I am doing everything in my power to ensure that it would not be repeated.

It is feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and improve our quality of service.

Once again, thank you for your review and we sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again to Pullman Kuching on your future visits to Kuching, Sarawak.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Good hotel, central. Rooms were ok, bright and spacious, bathroom was good and TV choice. The hotel breakfast was quite limited in terms of choice available, the swimming facilities were poor and dated it needs up grading as it really needs it. We probably wouldn't stay there again. Staff not really on the ball, problems checking in as credit card machine wouldn't work and only realised after trying our credit card three times and then went for breakfast and said brekkie wasn't included, which it was! Customer service people.

Would rather have stayed at the Hilton across the road, this hotel was purely for business travellers and as we weren't didn't really get any attention.

the bar was also quite dated and struggled to make cocktails. Overall experience for me would be to stay somewhere else.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Thewebb2014
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Thewebb2014,

Thank you for your review concerning your stay at Pullman Kuching recently. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we have taken notice of the shortfall that you have encountered during your stay. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

If you could kindly find the time to send me the details of your stay to my email addres; h6332-sl9@accor.com, and I will investigate the matter personally.

We hope the experience will not alter your confidence in Pullman Kuching and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again in the future.