“Good Service”

Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Our pick up from the aiport was a great introduction our driver was friendly, timely and informative. We also met the general manager who was often present in the bar / reception meeting and greeting the guests. He was very keen to maintain customer service. The doorman Nicholas deserves a special mention as he suggested a taxi when we had intended to walk to dinner. He thought it might rain imminently and he was right!
Not strictly constructive criticism as it can't be changed but we thought owing to its excellent location the hotel should have had a rootfop bar. However neither does the the Hilton as we checked.
Good swimming pool and enough sun beds too.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JJ2b
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear JJ2b,

May i begin by thanking you for your review on Tripadvisor on your previous stay at Pullman Kuching. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our General Manager, Mr Felix Yeo, is a new addition to Pullman Kuching family and yes, he is very customer focused. He would try his level best to meet up with our in-house guests and to ensure that their stay is impeccable. You would be glad to hear that he is also from Singapore.

We have taken notice about Nicholas, our doorman and he will definitely be recognized for his effort to ensure that our guests are happy during their stay with us.

Your suggestion on a roof-top bar is very interesting and fresh for Kuching scene, however we would need to see if there is a high demand in the local market as majority of the in-house guests prefer to explore the local Pubs and Bars around Kuching City. Nevertheless, your suggestion is very much appreciated.

We would love to have you as a regular at Pullman Kuching and we sincerely hope to see you again in the future.

Once again, thank you for your kind review and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Somerset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Rooms great with amazing city view through wall to wall window. .. but minor niggles like having to call reception every day (and sometimes then go in person) to get the 500 mb free wifi reset which is supposed to happen daily. This occurred in 3 out of the 5 rooms our group occupied.
Went for the Sunday morning dim sum. .. food great but the ordering system was confusing for us and we found it hard to get the right amount of what we wanted. .. We are not complete novices either having lived in the city previously for many years!
Efficient staff though in the main who dealt with any problems politely and effectively.
Best thing? The bathroom ...! Huge shower and separate bath ... great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear pongo56,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us during your trip to Kuching, Sarawak and please accept my sincerest apologies on falling short on some of our services during your stay with us previously.

The 500MB WiFi connectivity is refreshed automatically at 2:00 PM daily for all guest staying at the 5th to the 18th floor, however if it is not refreshed on time, our I.T Solutions team would be very much delighted to assist with that. For power users, 500MB may not be sufficient, hence we tailored a very affordable package at only RM25.00 nett (approximately USD7.50) for a 2GB quota of WiFi connectivity. Our guests would be prompted once the 500MB quota has depleted.

My sincerest apologies on your dining experience at our Nu Er Hong restaurant and rest assure that we would definitely look into that matter.

Once again, on behalf of the Pullman Kuching team, we wish to thank you for your support and patronage at Pullman Kuching, and we sincerely hope you would come back to stay with us again on your next visit to Kuching, Sarawak.

May you have a wonderful weekend ahead.

Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Of the 2 Pullman hotels I've stayed in, I can say for certain that the Kuching one is in need of more improvement in terms of services of the staff and the amenities (if wifi counts as an amenity).

Firstly, the hotel itself looks great. It's exterior is modern and chic, just like what you'd expect from Pullman. However, that's where my good first impression ends. The front desk staff we were with wasn't really friendly when we approached. (It's really my first time seeing an unhappy face at the front desk at a hotel that is supposed to be 5 stars)

Next, comes the room. We had booked into a suite and it looks spacious and great, except that one of the bedroom slippers has already been worn before, we could see a foot imprint on each slipper so clearly, THEY WERE NOT NEW. I wouldn't have caught this, but my mother, who has over 30 years of hospitality experience, did. Again, to me, that's certainly not an acceptable standard.

Next, came the WIFI issue. I was suppose to get unlimited, but the girl who checked me in, gave me a 500MB daily limit (which I only managed to rectify the next day after insisting on them to re-check) and oddly enough, the registration number they gave me to log in wouldn't work. After calling to request a check on this, I got a callback from the IT department. They claimed that their routers were being rebooted, thus the issue of connection, and they could only check in 40 MINS whether it was working. 40 minutes is a very long time to get something fixed, but at this point, I wasn't getting my hopes up, given the service.

Thankfully, within 30mins, i got a call back from IT again giving me a new reg. no to log in. Lo and behold, after managing to log in, I found that I could only connect to 1 device at a time to surf. Again, unacceptable to me at a 5-star establishment, but I wasn't surprised anymore. The system would often log me out and I had to repeatedly log in with the password. Yes, it is quite inconvenient to say the least.

Aside from the above bad experience, the rest of our trip was OK, the location of the hotel is pretty good and it's within walking distance to a few of the must sees and dos.

To end off on an honest note, if I'm ever back in Kuching, I might try the Hilton instead.

Room Tip: Make sure that they give you the right WIFI package, especially if you're suppose to get an unli...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MsChipper
PullmanKuching, Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear MsChipper,

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor concerning your previous stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us in order to improve and enhance our services for all guests staying at Pullman Kuching.

Thank you for informing us about your unpleasant experiences, from the moment you checks in until you reached your room. Please accept my sincerest apologies. If I may, would it be possible if I could get some details of your previous stay, so I would be able to investigate and address to our staff concerned on the short fall of our services. It would be very much appreciated if you could send to me via email at h6332@accor.com.

Rest assured that I will address every issues concerning your stay accordingly to the particular departments so that it would not be repeated to other guests.

On behalf of the hotel team, once again we wish to thank you for your support and hope that the unpleasant experience will not in any way prevent you from availing youself to our services in the future.

Looking forward to you email and may you have a great week ahead.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were happy with the front desk service. The staff were efficient and friendly.

We booked 4 rooms. All the rooms were big and clean. There is wi-fi in the rooms.

It is located near the famous roof top seafood restaurants / foodcourt. The food is good and affordable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank HPJ1
Dear HPJSingapore,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback. Your invaluable comments are very important to us as they allow us to maintain the high standards of quality, service and comfort for which Pullman Kuching is renowned.

On behalf of the all the staff and management of Pullman Kuching, we would like to thank you for your patronage and we would love to have you as our regular guest here at Pullman Kuching.

May you have a great week ahead.

New Norfolk, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Pullman Kuching is a fantastic hotel in the middle of town. The rooms are very comfortable, and live up to the comfort of Pullman Melbourne, the only other one I have stayed at.
A couple of points though, the mini bar was not there! and the wardrobe had a lot of dust in it, not sure if that has something to do with the air conditioning.
Worth a trip to the nearby Top Spot, which is just below the hotel, for terrific seafood!
As Arnold says....'I'll be back.....'

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael M
Dear Mr Michael M,

We would like to thank you for choosing Pullman Kuching as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Kuching, Sarawak and it is such a pleasure to hear positive feedback regarding your stay.

Please accept my sincerest apologies on falling short on some of our services, particularly on the dust in the wardrobe. I will ensure that our Executive Housekeeper addresses this issue to all our Housekeeping maids, so that it would not happen again to other guests. Our minibar is cleared for all rooms from 5th to the 18th floor as most of our guests prefer to utilise the mini fridge to chill their own items in the rooms. Our guests, however, may request from our Front Office personnel for the minibar to be stocked up with canned drinks and our team would be very delighted to assist with that.

It is definitely a delight to hear that you would come back to stay at Pullman Kuching on your next trip to Borneo. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Pullman Kuching.

Thank you again for your review and may you have a wonderful week ahead.

Faro, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I´ve stayed in this hotel more than a year ago. And I must say - I still remember stunning view from panoramic window in our room and watching lightning strikes!
So hot outside and so relaxingly chill inside of the hotel.
Marvellous!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ms Olga G,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor and thank you for staying with us again after your first visit a year back. We appreciate so much your kind support towards Pullman Kuching and we would love to have you as our regular guest here.

Your comments is of great value to us and I shall share it with the rest of the team members.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have made plans to come back to wonderful city of Kuching and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Once again, thank you and may you have a wonderful week ahead.

Copenhagen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

lovely hotel with good location. would like to commend housekeeping department for their fast action in delivering guests requests even though some requests were made very late at night. will stay here again!

Room Tip: choose a higher floor for a better view of the city.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joy L
Dear Ms Joy L,

May I begin by thanking you for your kind review on Tripadvisor for Pullman Kuching. It is such a pleasure to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments inspire us to strive harder in servicing our guests and we have worked really hard to maintain the level of service so that our guests would feel comfortable staying with us.

Once again, thank you very much for your patronage and we look forward to having you back with us at Pullman Kuching soon.