“Friendly Planet Tours disappoints” 2 of 5 bubbles

Matahari Tours
Ranked #16 of 27 Tours in Kuching
SAINT LOUIS
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Friendly Planet Tours disappoints”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

My sister and I took the April 2013 "Taste of Ireland" tour. Communications promised were poor or not delivered at all, half the hotels were substandard with poor service, when we called the 'emergency' phone number because we had no reservation at a hotel the message told us they don't take calls after 6 p.m. We felt very lucky to have the great new friends we met on the tour who stuck by us while we got another hotel for the night. Our complaints to Friendly Planet after we returned home have not been responded to. No surprise.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank TERESA L

Seal Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“do not use Friendly Planet Tours”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Friendly Planet was a very poor choice for our Malaysian tour. Their guides were uninformed regarding our itinerary and what it included. The guides tried to shortchange us to pocket the difference between what was promised and what the guide proposed to do.
The country is beautiful, people are nice and speak English but FRiendly Planet treated our group very poorly.

Visited April 2012
18 Thank David B
Singapore, Singapore
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Well done, Matahari Tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I booked two day trips with Matahari tours, I had the same guide Rosli both days, to Bako National Park and to Sarawak Cultural Village, followed by a trek in the foothills of Mount Santubong. Rosli was an excellent guide, friendly and knowledgable and took good care of us, my kids seemed to feel very comfortable with him. The company followed up promptly on all my initial enquiries which were made months before my trip. Their tours are also very reasonably priced and were cheaper than what other tour companies had quoted me. I recommend this tour company to anyone who is visiting Kuching and intends to go for a couple of day tours there.

Visited March 2012
4 Thank Dan T
Christchurch, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Flipping amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

They provided us with a variety of awesome attractions which we can choose from. We chose the Semmengoh wildlife centre and Jong's Crocodile farm. Both were freakin amazing although i preferred Semmengoh wildlife centre. You get to see free roaming orang utans and an alpha male orang utan. Definitely bring shoes, walking in barefeet hurts alot at Jong's Crocodile farm. Although the animals are caged, it's still a great experience watching crocodiles in their natural habitat. Bring a camera as well, there are many memorable moments you'll wish to capture forever. Thanks matahari tours, you guys are ******* awesome.

Visited December 2011
4 Thank Leroi C
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Adaptable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

Matahari tours was able to find and make tours that fit what i wanted to do. The tour operators and guides were all extremely freindly and knowledgable. I would recommend thier services to anyone. In particular if you intend to go to Kuching go with Matahari tours to the "Iban Longhouse overnight" and "Bako National Park" both require a boat ride and would be very difficult without thier help.

Visited December 2011