“National Park and Orang Utan Centre”
Review of Matahari Tours

Matahari Tours
Ranked #15 of 28 Tours in Kuching
More attraction details
Owner description: We are established and licensed tour operator in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia who are committed to excellent service and professionalism. You will be impressed by our driver/guide’s friendliness and their in-depth and specialist knowledge on the culture, traditional customs and belief, nature and adventure, flora and fauna and other tourist favorite spot and destinations , their flexibilities and above all, you will have a peace of mind and will be treated as their family member.
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had a brilliant time the travel advisor Loh was so helpful and fun, always trying to help even with shopping destinations. The guides were really knowledgeable and made us all feel very special. We saw every animal in the National Park due to the diligence of Rosli and Cornelius knew so much about the Orang Utans even identifying them by name.

2  Thank BigWalk17

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I booked two day trips with Matahari tours, I had the same guide Rosli both days, to Bako National Park and to Sarawak Cultural Village, followed by a trek in the foothills of Mount Santubong. Rosli was an excellent guide, friendly and knowledgable and took good care of us, my kids seemed to feel very comfortable with him. The company followed up promptly on all my initial enquiries which were made months before my trip. Their tours are also very reasonably priced and were cheaper than what other tour companies had quoted me. I recommend this tour company to anyone who is visiting Kuching and intends to go for a couple of day tours there.

4  Thank Dan T
Reviewed 23 January 2012

They provided us with a variety of awesome attractions which we can choose from. We chose the Semmengoh wildlife centre and Jong's Crocodile farm. Both were freakin amazing although i preferred Semmengoh wildlife centre. You get to see free roaming orang utans and an alpha male orang utan. Definitely bring shoes, walking in barefeet hurts alot at Jong's Crocodile farm. Although the animals are caged, it's still a great experience watching crocodiles in their natural habitat. Bring a camera as well, there are many memorable moments you'll wish to capture forever. Thanks matahari tours, you guys are ******* awesome.

4  Thank Leroi C
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Matahari tours was able to find and make tours that fit what i wanted to do. The tour operators and guides were all extremely freindly and knowledgable. I would recommend thier services to anyone. In particular if you intend to go to Kuching go with Matahari tours to the "Iban Longhouse overnight" and "Bako National Park" both require a boat ride and would be very difficult without thier help.

3  Thank nickotel
Reviewed 6 January 2010

My family of 16 recently travelled to Kuching for a wedding from 1-4 January and we manage to hire a guide and a driver to take us around. Together with Mr Sim from Matahari Tours, we manage to come out with an itenerary for my family.

Most of the family members are based in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

When we arrived, we were greeted by our trusty guide, Cornelius Sim who was on time and had a big smile on his face. Throughout our time together, he has been very informative and accomodative. He satisfied everyone's request and even went out of his way to assist us. Example was when my father wanted to buy an item not easily found, Cornelius contacted his friends and even took my dad to find the item.

He can even suggest places to eat that have really good food, and he is honest about the prices at the restaurants. He also joined my family for meals and drinks and joked with us with ease.

We are extremely grateful and glad that we manage to get such a good guide and for a very reasonable price. We would like to recommend his service to everyone that goes to Kuching.

You may contact Cornelius at +[--]. He works with Matahari Tours and they are based in Kuching. Price is extremely reasonable and bus/van provided are new and in good condition.

Contact details for Matahari Tours are: