“Could be better”

360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
“Could be better”
Reviewed 15 April 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days 2 nights for weekends.. At first, the hotel lobby looks nice.. Upon check in, I was given a smoking floor facing the road.. Requesting a queen- sized bed.. The room so small, the bathroom also small, the surrounding were very noisy esp in the morning when the housekeeping strolling their trolleys.. The voices were so loud until I get off from my sleep..quite an uncomfortable stay...will definitely never stay at this hotel again...

Stayed September 2011
3 Thank FidelisPatrick6700
360_Urban, Manager at 360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear HarrieIswandy

Thank you very much for your review comments.

We are disappointed that our facilities have not met your expectations during the period of your stay. We have instructed our housekeeping staffs to be a bit “quieter” when going about their daily chores including pushing their trolleys and communication.

Once again thanks for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in Kuching.

Kind regards
Allen
Operation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Carmarthenshire, Wales
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed here in February for 4 days, the booking I made in October was simple, booked single deluxe by email and was no problem. The staff emailed promptly after any messages I sent. Booking was so easy. I also booked the transfer for an amazing price of RM5.99. Once I arrived at the hotel at about 10am I thought I would have to wait for my room, but was given my room after a short check in. Staff on reception was great, and the reception itself was so large and impressive. My single deluxe room was actually quite large, a larger than single size bed, a nice flat screen tv, and a in room safe, which is a big plus for the price. The room was a nice colour, a nice soft colour, a very chic and funky hotel. The rooms were cleaned immaculately every day. There was also trips bookable on reception, 1 to the orangutang santuary and another to the cultural village which were both amazing. There was a huge plasma tv in reception which showed sport mostly which pleased me. Location was great also, very near to everything you need. There was also a lovely cafe at the hotel, which served nice meals, form local food to burgers, chicken etc. I would certainly stay here again and recommend to all.

Room Tip: Very close to city centre, nightlife and restaurants
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Gow
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I had unpleasant experience dealing with the staff from 360 xpress. I will be fair - the room and cleanliness are ok. But the following incidents have given me a bad taste in the mouth:

1. I made the booking online and there's an error after I made the payment hence I failed to receive the confirmation receipt. I spoke to the hotel reservation department, she asked me to call ipay88 the 3rd-party. I've no idea who is this and she told me I have to speak to them to sort out the issue BUT this is your website issue why should I deal with another 3rd party myself? At the end after I questioning them, they agreed to sort out the issue for me and problem is solved but I was kinda regret booking this hotel already.

2. Before I check into 360, I was in Sarawak Cultural Village. A guy called & asking where am I & if I am taking their bus. I told them I didn't book for bus from the airport to their hotel. So I thought this is settled, who knows in the afternoon, someone called, I missed it so I called back he said he is from 360 & I said I don't get what he's saying and he shut down my call without even saying bye! Then the hotel call me again askin if I'm taking the bus from airport!! But I thought I already informed them earlier?!

3. I booked the bus from 360 to the airport, arrived at the hotel and realized they have fixed pick-up time that are not clearly stated on the website! The timing is either too early or too late for us! So after a discussion with my mate, we decided to go to airport ourselves. So out of good intention, I called the hotel to inform them we are not going to take the bus so that they won't call or wait for us. The guy who picked up the call said we will get the refund for the bus. I was surprised coz I didn expect to get back the refund but when we check out, a guy and a lady told me there's no refund!! Of course I was pissed off!

I didn't make a big fuss out of all these but I did make it a point that they should provide proper information. I like my experience in Kuching but it was being marred by the stay in this hotel.

They really have to improve their communications among the staffs. Other than that the hotel is okay.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Travelkaokao
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 February 2012

ok so based on previous reviews i was prepared to know what i was going to expect from this hotel.

so first of all, would definitely recommend you to book the transport they have from airport to hotel and back to airport. the cost from airport to hotel is rm6 which i think is very reasonable as the hotel shuttle will pick you up and the ride to the hotel was very comfortable and worth the rm 6 rather than paying double the amount to take a taxi.

you can book the transportation at least 24 hours before your departure. just call the hotel to organize a booking.

and when in Kuching i would recommend you to rent a car. SAVE money from taking a bus n all. as long as you have a GPS/google maps you are good to go. i would recommend contacting kereta sewa at kuching..

the deal we got four 4 days for a car was unbelievable!!!!!

here is there facebook page:

call ----- for more information and they can hook you up with what you want. price is negotiable . of course the longer you hire the better the price!! :) but i would totally recommend. one of the best deals ever!!!!!!!

ok so the hotel room has no window at all so be prepared for that but hey its not like you are going to stay in the room the whole day right? :) bed is comfortable,room is clean, this hotel is just like the ibis hotel concept.

i like how at night the hotel is bright and doesn't look dark / not safe if you know what i mean.

there is a convienience store next door and 7 eleven just walking distance. at night you can hangout at the hills shopping mall have drinks at 1 station or breakfast at white house kopitiam.

i would recommend this hotel to those on a budget(the price to stay in this hotel was really good) :) , adventurous, business people, or for anyone who is just going to be in the hotel to rest after a long day.

there is so much kuching has to offer! oh yea there is free wifi in the lobby and two computers available for guests.

and yes this place is location also but even thought its in the heart of the city you still have to use a car to get around way easier!!!

also you can ask the hotel ppl for suggestions on things to do and any information you would like to know.

Room Tip: get the queen size bed!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank emmy91
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 December 2011

i often stay here when i go to kuching. the price is quite affordable n reasonable.the room is also nice n the bed is comfortable.but of course the room is quite small-acceptable as compared to its price.it provides wifi n free laundry service(but u need 2 do ur own laundry,of course). overall,this hotel provides a pleasant n comfy stay for me:)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Upon checking out from Grand Magherita, we procees to 360Xpress for our last night in Kuching. The front counter service was great during our length of stay, thumbs up to the customer service representatives on floor from 20/12/11 - 21/12/11.

The room condition was alright - basic necessities are provided (hair dryer, TV, kettle, bottled water). The best part is that you can easily purchase bottled water at the reception counter at RM1 for 2 ! However, if you are very particular on cleanliness, its best to bring your own bedroom slippers, pillow sheets, etc. The only downside is the glass window seperating the toilet and the room, perhaps there isnt a window or good air ventilation thus the room tends to have some smell after a day or so. The parking area at the basement is very convenient with lots of parking space and it took me only 1 minute to walk from my room > lift > carpark.

We paid a nett price of RM100 for a one night stay and added an additional RM9+ for the transportation to Kuching International Airport. Basically its a recommended place to stay for a night or two if youre looking for budget hotels with good quality service.

Room Tip: Always request for a change of room if you do not feel comfortable with your allocated room!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank boholola90
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Great room for non fussy people.. Comfortable bed.. Its great, where i found out the hotel have its own laundry room and it is FOC !! I clean and dry my cloths aft visit the Org Utan Park.. For sure, i will come again.

• Stayed June 2011