“Very Terrible Hotel”

Ranked #22 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
KL
“Very Terrible Hotel”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Room is smelly at the 1st room we had (Ground Floor), then requested to change the room but they change to another room at different level & smoking room.
After few hour in the room, the electricity was tripped / blackout for 2 times.
Requested for refund the money but can't due to payment made via Agoda.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank syaad77
allen360xpress, Manager at 360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear Syaad,

First of all I would like to extend our apologies for the unpleasant experience you've experience and we are taking your constructive feedback positively and looking into the matter at this very moment.

We are striving hard to improve further on level of well being of every room and have instructed our housekeeping & receptions to be more observant and proactive upon servicing the rooms thus hotel guests daily.

I sincerely apologize once again for the experience and I do hope that this will not deter you in visiting us again in the near future.
Once again thank you for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again at 360 Xpress Citycenter Hotel.

Operation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I booked this hotel during a weekend trip in Kuching after seeing its reasonable rates and central location. Had booked a basic twin room which turned out to not have windows, which was fine. All the basic rooms are located on the ground floor, just behind the reception. The room itself is quite basic but is painted with bright colors (think bright green or orange), but did come with comfortable beds and flat-screen cable TV. The toilet is separated by frosted door and glass panels and basic toiletries were provided inside.

WIFI was supposed to be available in the hotel lobby and while the signal was there, it didn't seem to work during our entire stay.

The hotel also provides quite a number of tours and transportation rentals which are offered with decent rates. I would recommend the tours to be booked there for convenience sake, considering the prices are about there. The front desk also assists in booking for taxis to the airport at a better rate.

All in all, it was quite an okay hotel given its price point and location. Service was ok, though not exceptional.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ACChua
allen360xpress, Manager at 360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear AcChua,

Thank you very much for your review comments.

We are pleased that you've found your stay a pleasant one with us and we thank you for your support. We will look into the WIFI connection fault immediately.
Once again thank you for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again at 360 Xpress Citycenter in the future.

Eindhoven
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The location is nice. The Waterfront is in walking distance. Rooms are large as is the shower. Bathroom is clean. Bed is very comfortable. Staff is friendly and the shuttle service to the airport is excellent. The only thing that could be better is the wifi. It's only available in the lobby and not in your room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lieke86
allen360xpress, Manager at 360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Lieke86,

Kajang, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Hi,
for the first time in my life I travel alone in Kuching for a conference. As I need to stay a budget hotel as well as a single room I prefer this one. The hotel is very clean and comfortable compare to its price the facility is better.

the main feature is they pick me from airport and its only RM 6 otherwise I've to rent a taxi which cost RM 26 so for 1/2 person it is quite an advantage. (Though need to wait for their time slots)

The person incharge is quite friendly and overall I am satisfied. Location is a slightly away from city center. I need to walk around 10/15mins to reach in city center and there is no Breakfast there.

Overall I am pleased and I should suggest solo travelers to stay there.

Thanx

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Marufuzzaman
Dear Marrufuzzaman,

As we are a "Room Only" operated hotel unfortunately, we do not provide breakfast however there is a coffee-house attached to the hotel which serves all 3 meals for the convenience of our guest and many other eateries outlets around the hotel that you might had missed.

Sibu, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

2nd stay at this hotel.

This hotel offer many things at a very reasonable price.
Broadband Internet with LAN cable provided, underground Carpark (but no security guard), comfortable bed, satellite tv with nearly 20 channels, tea making facilities, and others. Check out ur self at their website.

The room is small and no window but I like the colour very much. Make me feel calm.

The hotel need some maintaince as the basin in my room is leaking every time I wash my hand.

Furthermore, the electric kettle was malfunction during my second night, but the staff is kind enough to help me chane a new one, WELL DONE!

The only thing I wish to complain (maybe suggest is the better word) is there is no telephone inside the room! It's difficult to find the hotel staff if u need any help. Luckily for me as the hotel staff is available when I need help.

Reasonable pricing, good location, excellent facilities, nice room, definitely will come back again!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank anthonylau83
allen360xpress, Manager at 360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Anthony,

Thank you very much for your review comments.

We are pleased that you've found your stay a pleasant one with us and we thank you for your support. We constantly strive hard to ensure that our facilities/rooms and services meet or exceed expectations of our valued guests like your kind self. I have shared your feedback with the maintenance team with regards to the basin & boiler in the rooms which we will proceed with a general check on these items & amenities in the rooms. Unfortunately, we do not provide in room phone in each room due to certain barrier we are facing however, in house phones are available at each corridor walkway for our guest's convenience

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The room was terrible, the smell, the dirty and sticky floor and the best part of all, there's no windows in any of their rooms. I understand this is a budget accommodation but I have stayed in other budget hotel/motel but never without a window. Anyway, I complained to the management and demanded a refund since this fact is not mentioned in their website and felt I had been misled. Anyway, my request was rejected. Will never go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
allen360xpress, Manager at 360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Stephen,

First of all I would like to thank you for your constructive feedbacks shared here with us during your stay.

We are disappointed to received your dissatisfaction on the room and indeed, It is our sincere desire to continuously strive and deliver the best possible service and comfort to every guest who chooses us here at 360 Xpress.
We will look into the room condition and flooring as as per your feedback and this indeed is a concern to us. Further to that, i sincerely apologize for the windowless rooms. Due to the building structure, we are at the disadvantage to have all rooms with windows.
Please be assured that we are consistently taking corrective measures in improving the comfort and quality of the hotel and to meet our guest expectation. I have shared your valuable feedback with my whole operation team and wishes not have such re-assurances.
We are striving hard to improve and maintain the well being of every room and have instructed our housekeeping to be more observant and proactive upon servicing the rooms thus hotel guests daily. I sincerely apologize for the encounters you've experience and I do hope that this will not deter you in visiting us again in the near future.

Operation Manager

Travellers are raving about these Kuching hotels

Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 July 2013

To the management,

I must start this by telling how much I regretting my choice to stay in your hotel. By the time your read this, I'm still staying in your hotel (27/7/13 till 1/8/13), room 406.

My bad experience started immediately during my checking in moment. I was attended by a 'trainee' who took years to complete the process. I was travelling from Kuantan, and I was hoping to slip through, instead need to stand for over a half an hour at the counter.

I opted for a non-smoking room but to my surprise, the room is cigarette smelling. You promised your costumer a 5-star bed but I was given a dirty linen, most likely have been used by the previous tenant.

There is no hose connected to pipe beside the toilet bowl, so how should I wash myself?

I requested for in-room iron and ironing board and agreed to pay the RM3 charge, but your counter refused to provide me with the service as they mentioned to me, there is only one ironing board in the hotel. Is that my problem? If you can't provide, don't list it as a service!

The minibar (fridge) is also not working. When I complained to the counter, instead of offering me a new unit, or repairing it, they asked me to store my food in the freezer at the counter. What is that? You aspect your tenant to come down to the counter every time I want a cold drink?

And last but not least, please have someone with some capacity to speak in daily English. It's hard to speak Malay due to the dialect, but it is worse to speak English, when the receptionist keeps on answering to my questions with no comprehension.

I'm a very disappointed customer.

Shukri

Room Tip: If you are on a budget, YES. If you are only there for the sleep, YES. If you are with a family, B...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tamagochi08
allen360xpress, Manager at 360 Xpress Citycenter Kuching, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Mr Shukri,

As per my tele-conversation with you, we are disappointed that we have not met your expectations during your period of your stay. Indeed, It is our sincere desire to continuously strive and deliver great service at every opportunity here at 360 Xpress in ensuring the comfort & satisfaction of our guest. Please be assured that corrective measures will be taken to avoid recurrence of such and I have shared your valuable feedback with my whole operation team including the management.