“great lunch in Kuching, if not in a hurry”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bombay Spices - CLOSED

Bombay Spices
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Jose, California
“great lunch in Kuching, if not in a hurry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stopped with 3 friends on the way back to Kuching. we hit the lunch time rush, so we had to wait a bit to get served. when we arrived there was no room but they made room which was very nice. it took some time for the food to arrive but overall the food was excellent. Everything we ordered was very good/excellent. I am only in kuching for a short time so I can not compare to other indian places in Kuching but all of us enjoyed the food. everyone had very positive comments . I believe all us would go back, I would for sure, great food. it is a small place so you my have issues at peak times, but again they "made room for us".

• Visited August 2013

“Love the Briyani”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We loved to have our family gathering here. The food is deliciuos. especiall the Nan bread and mutton briyani. You shoulud also tried their Bannana Lassy. It was superbbb!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Riana192
Kuching, Malaysia
“Kuching's best Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Having eaten in most of Kuching's Indian food outlets Bombay Spices is without doubt the best for a la carte Indian food (as opposed to the more common fast food). The location is not so easy to find for tourists but it is worth a taxi fare.
An extensive menu to cater for all tastes.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ianmrob
Kuching, Malaysia
“seriously good tandoori chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

The tandoori chicken here is so tasty and juicy you can't help but pick it up and eat it with your fingers. They also have nice palak paneer (spinach & cheese), aloo gobi (cauliflower and potatoes in curry sauce), naan, briyani and lassi.
I do find that the dishes have too much gravy (as seen in the picture above). That could, however, be a matter of personal preference as I can imagine someone else pouring the gravy over rice or naan.
The menu is quite extensive. I am personally not familiar with many of the dishes or their names; and I suspect many other customers aren't either. I don't really want to point to all the unfamiliar names ask "what's this? and this? and this?" 50 times, so I know I'm missing out on some great dishes.
It would be great if the owners could print new menus with the picture of the dish on it, or, with a description.

• Visited June 2013
“Best Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Bombay spice
We could not believe how good this curry was! Much better than some places in the UK. Customer service was excellent and everything was fresh. We tried 5 dishes, all of them brilliant. Went back a second time. Should try and go here.
Good value for money.