“i love it, will back next time and will recommend friends to stay there~”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wo Jia Lodge

and 1 more site!
Wo Jia Lodge
Klang, Malaysia
“i love it, will back next time and will recommend friends to stay there~”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Actually we stayed in Wo Jia accidentally. This was a happy accident for us.

After stayed at this lodge, i start regret for not staying at here start on the first day i reach Kuching. This lodge really gave me the feel of my home. home sweet home.

The condition of rooms are clean and comfortable. Although can heard the sound that ppl walking along. But this make me though of my childhood. My old house's floor are same with lodge's floor. All the great time bring to my mind again.

Services from this lodge. Just one word. EXCELLENT!
The owner-Ming, offered to drive us for nice foods and tour in city of Kuching.
The staff-Zaki, helped us to arrange for visit to Wind Cave, Fairy Cave and the Serikin Market.
Really helpful, friendly, nice and treat us as friends i/o customer.

Highly recommended and will stay at Wo Jia next time i go Kuching.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I ended up staying at Wo Jia almost by accident, and, oh, what a happy accident! I had planned to stay in Kuching for 3, maybe 4, days. I ended up canceling my onward flight to Penang and stayed for 10 nights.
Wo Jia is a laid back, relaxing place, where I made many great friends, and time dropped away. I spent my time in the taxing pursuits of consuming as much laksa, coffee, and Tua as Kuching could offer, with occasional side trips to explore the wealth of activities the region provides.
Ming, the owner, and his staff took care that I enjoyed my stay at the guesthouse, but also ensured that I was given a chance to appreciate the true charms of Kuching. From the random day trips, to hidden cafes, to the impromptu cooking classes, everything was offered with generosity and true hospitality.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Wo Jia was one of my favourite guesthouses in the 6 months I travelled through Asia. The owner and the people I met there were so lovely it came to feel like a second home. Ming (owner) drove us to see many local attractions and the staff were always quick to suggest things to do whilst I was there. Saying that though, it would have been easy to get sucked into this place and not do anything at all!
The room was lovely too, i stayed in room 18 and I highly recommend it! It was clean, with air con and very reasonably priced. There was also a nice kitchen that was free to use and a lovely big communal area. The place had a great atmosphere and I would love to go back again :)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Wuppertal, Germany
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We are a couple from Germany and we planed to stay for four nights. However we ended up staying over two weeks. The service we experienced was amazing! The staff and the owner are very helpful. They will give you all the information (& assistance) you need and more (food, tours, shopping, etc.). They help you with your luggage and pick up if you like. The owner even took us serval times for lunch and dinner. The beverages are sold at a really fair price so you don't even have to go to the store for that. A basic breakfast as well as coffee and tea are provided for free. If you plan any tours you can store your luggage at the lodge. Don`t worry it is the safest place I have stayed at. in Asia. They even have a 24 h camera surveillance. If you can be bothered to cook you even a small kitchen for your use. The common room with riverview is a great place to relax, chat with other travellers or just to watch a dvd. Free wifi is also available.

The rooms vary in size but all of them are clean and most have aircon. Some rooms close to the stairs can be a bit noisy due to wooden flooring but that is restricted to daytime only when other guest are walking around. The showers and toilets are clean . However there could be one or two toilets more.

The location right on the waterfront is perfect (even better than the Hilton). If you have an issue you can always ask the staff or the owner. Improvements are made every day and I can absolutly recommend this place!!!

Don't waste your time looking around for a place to stay. This is best value for money in Kuching!!

Room Tip: rooms downstairs are a bit cooler
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stevenmalediven
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Stayed in Kuching for 3 nights and wish I could have stayed longer. This was mostly to due the very friendly staff working at Wo Jia. I was travelling solo and was always kept company during my stay. The hostel is in the perfect location for sightseeing, food, shopping, and relaxing in Kuching. The rooms are clean and spacious with all the facilities one could want. Great value for money, can't wait to come back and visit!

Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
london
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Wo Jia is a lodge located right on the riverfront within easy reach of all amenities. Stayed in a double room- clean, good a/c, linen, towels and soap provided.
Wo Jia has brilliant, exceptional staff. Ming (owner) and Zaki were friendly and took pains to ensure our comfort. They had excellent knowledge of local attractions and the best ways of getting there.

There was a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. We made regular use of lounge which over looked the river. Strong wifi signal, huge DVD and book collection.

A simple breakfast is available as well as a facility to buy drinks at cost price.

Wo Jia is a good base for exploring Sarawak and its attractions.

• Stayed May 2011
kuching
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Extra helpful staff & great location make this brilliant value

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple