See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

We only stayed in this hostel for one night in the mixed dorm. Beds were comfortable, showers clean and hot, and toast for breakfast. Our room unfortunately backed on to the reception though, so we heard EVERY sound from people walking through. The room unfortunately doesn't have a window either but the A/C works a treat! There were however funkier places close by for the same price. Location is perfect on Carpenter St, next door to a great food hall, bars and the river. The staff at the front desk were the highlight. You can ask them any questions about nearby attractions, how to get there independently and cheaply on your own.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emmashappyland
Reviewed 10 August 2016

i stay here for 4 nights. the place was nice. this place near attraction place in kuching.i stay in 2 people rooms . the room were nice. toilet clean and nice. their staff so friendly and nicely. its good for people who want stay in low budget

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights.

The staffs are friendly,

They have hot water for your coffee or instant noodle.

The toilet is stinky, don't expect too much since a lot people will use it. Sometimes they out of toilet paper. So just be prepared :)

The location is perfect! 5 minuts walk to shopping mall ( Mardeka Plaza Mall ) you could do some casual shopping, your daily needs in the supermarket ( Everise ), some mid range fashion brand such as H&M.

PROBLEM IS HERE:
I booked a single room, but i was occupied and they give me bigger room instead, yes its nice but its has a windows and its not a soundproof, so you will have to brace the sound from outside, cars etc etc...

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2016

I arrived here withoud booking and the girl was really friend, but wantde to give only information about excursions if you booked them in the hostel. A lot of thing where boken or half broken. Breakfast was a plastic bag with sugar, milk, and coffe powder, 1 small pack jam and buter. Bread was in the kichen what only had a watercoker and tooster. I wanted to stay 4 nights but because so mutch was broken I left next morning and than they where totelly not friendly anymore. Kitchen is small 3 people can sit andbfirst floor they have 4 places to sitt. What was broken where 2 chouers and all the toillets. You could use rhem but not the propef way. I hope they repair it but still the comen rooms are way to small.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

I stay in a dorm room, booked from agoda.com with RM20/night. The walk in price is RM25/night for the same 6 person dorm. It is equipted with air-condition, the shared bathroom is provided with water heater. It is clean and decent. Small 'breakfast kit's (an instant coffee, sugar, creamer, jam & butter) are given during check in according to the number of days of stay, which is very convenient for backpackers who are rushing for early bus in the morning. For the price I paid, I am very satisfied.

The is a few nice place to eat and hangout along the same street. Aladdin café opposite the hostel serve nice chicken rice for dinner, and they sold out fast. Next to the hostel we can get the famous pork satay and fishball noodle during lunchtime. Personally I think the pork satay is unique but the fishball noodle is nothing special. Turn left from the hostel and walk along the street you will find a bistro name 'drunk monkey' on your right, which is crowded at night. At the end of the street you can find Life's café and a coffee place at it's opposite, both are nice.

A self service laundry is not far from the hostel on the same street, RM13 including dryer. I went on not the peak tour season and I have the whole dorm by myself and no queue at the laundry.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo