“Delicious!”

Bumbu Cooking Class
Ranked #1 of 6 Food & Drink in Kuching
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I love curry and veggies so these dishes were perfect for me. Joseph picked us up at our hotel and took us to his kitchen. His sister-in-law,Benedict, had us rub a mixture of spices into some chicken pieces so they could marinade while Joseph took us to the market. Having the market experience was definitely worthwhile. There were foods that I was unfamiliar with that Joseph showed us and was able to answer any questions about.
We made a delicious lunch and Benedict's mother was the little kitchen fairy who cleaned up dishes and set things out for us. Benedict guided us through everything and we could film our process as well.
These are lovely humble people to learn from. We thoroughly enjoyed the class and I recommend it for a great introduction to Malaysian food prep.

12  Thank NoraMcM
in 4 reviews
"great teacher"
"tasted fantastic"
in 2 reviews
"step by step instructions"
"spend an afternoon"
"boil"
"borneo"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We have just returned from our trip to Malaysia and had a wonderful morning at Bambu cooking. Myself, husband and 11 year old son visited the market and then spent the morning cooking Malaysian chicken curry. It was great fun and very hands on. Then we all enjoyed the spoils of our hard work for lunch. Highly recommended.
Now I just need to recreate it at home!

12  Thank SurreyRumPunch
Reviewed 9 August 2013

It was a wonderful set-up with very friendly instructors. We were taken to the market for a mini tour showing all the local veggies & other stuffs. The tour guide was very friendly and explained in detail. We were made to cook Sarawak Chicken Curry, Midin & a dessert. The instructor Benedict and her husband were very friendly host and made the session lively.

10  Thank Rakzz
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I only went because my gf wanted to go, but was glad I did. I don't cook a lot but found it interesting walking around the markets with someone who knew lots about the exotic fruit and veg and learnt a lot about cooking a curry.

I also now know how to cut a pineapple so it looks all pretty. Pineapple on a plate is now going to be my signature dish

10  Thank Gareth A