Stayed here for 5 nights in total. 2 nights, and on return another 3. Hotel is well located and possibly the best located of its standard opposite the waterfront in the city centre, with direct river views unlike other similar hotels. It is walkable to many very good bars and restaurants within a few minutes. Apart from breakfast we ate outside the hotel so cannot comment on the restaurants but they all seemed very very quiet. Breakfast was a nice affair, not that busy either, plenty to choose from and it was lovely to have it overlooking the garden and the river. I enjoyed the french toast immensely! The common areas of hotel are nice, well kept. The swimming pool area is quite large, with a good few beds and much nicer than I expected for a city hotel. Shame I didnt get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked - see below.
Service overall in the hotel was good, but just not as friendly or personable as the other hotels we stayed in in Malaysia. The door staff and pool staff were however very helpful and friendly. The 2 rooms we had were ok. Pretty basic though and not any way as luxurious as I had expected of a HIlton hotel. They were just bland, nothing special. Definately 3 star. Clean, comfortable but nothing to right home about. The second room we had had a river view on 7th floor I think and the views were lovely. No point staying in my opinion unless you get river view. The first room was a problem and was 2nd floor, view of swimming pool/bar area at back of hotel. So low down people could see into our room so had to keep curtains drawn. Was totally unimpressed on first day to find a kids party had overtaken the garden area from about 12pm, with a huge loudspeaker and host or DJ or whatever they were blasting all over the place. Not only was the noise impossible to bear in our room between the very large crowd of children and entertainment but, although it was possible to go into the pool behind the party, it wasnt exactly a relaxing place to be and we left there also. When arriving into the swimming pool area/door we were greeted with a ticket booth or something which I assume was for the party. It was madness that guests were made to feel that they didnt know if they could use the outside facilities or not that day. It was taken over with bouncy castles crazy golf and other entertainment and I dont think it needed to be so loud. I felt like I had wandered into a childrens play zone not a Hilton hotel leisure area. We left the hotel for the rest of day. I actually couldnt believe the Hilton would put a function over the needs of its PAYING guests. It was a total let down as to the standard of hotel and i have never experienced anything like it. They sent notices in advance about the renovations going on which were a bit noisy but did no-one think a large childrens party outside your room isn't as bad?
In summary, for the location if the price was right I might stay here again. Its clean and comfortable with lovely views but the whole childrens party taking over the leisure area left a sour taste with me. Guests should come first. There was also no free wi fi - you had to pay for access - so that was very disappointing in a business orientated or any hotel for that matter of this standard.
Very much enjoyed Kuching itself and as a base for exploring nearby sights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Kuching is located in the heart of the charming city of Kuching, overlooking the tranquil Sarawak River. Kuching's landmark, the hotel commands the best view of the gently winding river and other captivating sights.20 minutes drive (11 km) from Kuching International Airport, whilst the commercial centre and city attractions such as the Main Bazaar, Kuching Waterfront and the Tua Pek Kong Temple are a mere walk away.Modern shopping centers are reachable on foot, as are classic old historical sites are nearby. The hotel makes the perfect base to explore Kuching! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Kuching reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Kuching Hotel Kuching
- Hilton International Kuching
- Kuching Hilton International