“Excellent stay in Kuching” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hilton Kuching
Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Arnhem, The Netherlands
“Excellent stay in Kuching”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Just an excellent hotel on the waterfront in Kuching. The breakfast is the best you can get, so many choices. Large swimmingpool with lots of green. Free wifi in the loby and friendly staff. Especially the rooms at the front of the hotel are having an excellent view on the Sarawakriver.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Vincent T
HiltonKuching, General Manager at Hilton Kuching, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction.

Hilton Kuching and Batang Ai Longhouse Resort, Managed by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Hilton Kuching for 2 nights during my recent business visit. Frankly, Hilton Kuching been there for almost 10 years + but the hotel still well maintained.

The lobby is small compared to others 5-stars hotels in Kuching but still looking good for a 10 years+ old hotel.

The receptions in the check-in counter took quite a long time to process the check-in for guests. There is no group check-in at that time but I don't understand why they take so long to process. In front of my queue, there is only 1 couple and they took almost 15 mins till my turn.

After another 15 mins, finally I managed to get my room card and at the moment I step into the room, I feel much better because of the room ambient and cleaniness. Actually, I am quite worry about the "old carpet" smell because this hotel is quite old. To my surpise, the maintainence staffs of Hilton Kuching really did a good job on this. The bed and pillow is very comfort and I think is one of the best. Toilet is clean and complete with toiletries.

I really like the scene from my room. My room is facing the Kuching river view.

The distance from Hilton Kuching to the famous seafood place Top Spot is about 10 mins walk. I went to Top Spot for a "sinful" seafood dinner with my clients.

The cafe house where the breakfast is served is located at the lower ground floor. Food are nice but not much of varieties here. Anyway, I only took light breakfast because my agent bring me to the famous Sarawak Laksa.

Overall, I am sastify with my stay at Hilton Kuching and impress with their maintaince staffs on keeping this old hotel at tip top condition.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Dcspeed
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Made a last minute stop in Kuching. Stunning location. Condition of hotel iffy. My only lingering memory is calling and confirming a basic room and arriving late and being told only the a penthouse suite (at four times the cost) is available and charged full price!!

Room Tip: If short term stay near airport
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Richard K
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent trip.

We strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every room request. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

This Hilton is a fairly old hotel and you can't miss the age the minute you walked in. I stayed in their club floor and I was shocked to hear that there was no wireless wifi available in the room. I must have travelled back in time. I was shocked. As a business traveller wireless wifi is no longer a luxury but a necessity in this day and age. I had business lunch at the Chinese restaurant and we were really disappointed. It is on old hotel and badly need in need of an uplift. Well all I can say is I am glad my business travels do not take me to Kuching a lot. If I ever need the feeling to travel back in time...well I know where to go to get the 80's experience!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HiltonKuching, General Manager at Hilton Kuching, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding our wireless internet service. We apologize that it did not work well during your stay.

We are currently updating the wireless system and hope to have a faster internet experience soon. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying wit us again.

Stourport-on-Severn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

With its stunning location overlooking the river, the Hilton is the best place to stay in Kuching. The breakfast is probably the best Hilton breakfast we have experienced. Staff are very helpful and friendly. The hotel has a very good cafe located just off the foyer and very useful for daytime snacks or coffees. The travel bureau just off the foyer is also very useful for organising day trips to locations such as Damai Beach, the Cultural Village or Baco National Park. There is a great swimming pool at the side of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonKuching, General Manager at Hilton Kuching, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you and you found the amenities of the property to your liking

Hope to see you return soon.

Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

For a 5 star hotel in Borneo, it is worth staying in terms of value for money.
Walking distance to the Waterfront and shopping spree area.
The breakfast was average for 5 star hotel.
The room with river view was awesome. Only the bathroom needed more scrubbing.
Thank you to all the staff.
Hope to visit Kuching again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Liza N
HiltonKuching, General Manager at Hilton Kuching, responded to this review, 25 August 2013

Hope to see you return soon. Safe travels.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Let us start with the good news, the location is pretty unbeatable and central. I paid the Business rate in order to get the internet connection, but was told at check-in that they only had wired internet in the room which is of great help with a iPhone and MacBook air without an adaptor. Anyhow I was told that there was WIFI in the restaurant and lobby, no WIFI in the restaurant, and therefore I had to join a few dozen happy holiday makers in the lobby trying (in vain) to get a usable WIFI connection. The steakhouse used to be one of the best restaurants in East Malaysia; but the 4 course menu now was less than average at RM 100++, a (long time no sea) prawn starter, OK soup, an overcooked steak, and un-memorable dessert. The breakfast was just about average.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank PolarbearSingapore
HiltonKuching, General Manager at Hilton Kuching, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the quality of food you expected.

We are constantly working to improve our menu offerings and your comments will help us improve in this area.

We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.