Just been back to the Hilton for our second visit this year. Totally enjoyable once again with the staff ensuring that my wife's birthday on the day of our arrival did not go unmarked - Thank you all so much.
We were placed in the same room as our last stay so happily had the great river, and distant mountains view. No complaints about any aspect of the room.
It seems "tric0660" had a much less happy experience at the Executive Lounge than we did. Our experience was being welcomed whenever we went to the Lounge, and during the day, always an offer of fruit juice, tea, or coffee. During the "cocktail hour" there was no reluctance to serve drinks, including gin tonic and acceptable red and white wine from Luis Felipe Edwards. The appetisers, hot and cold, served at this time were ok, if not stunning.
Food offerings at the Waterfront Cafe were good, breakfast with a wide spread of Western and Asian dishes and excellent buffets, Lunch,High Tea (weekends), and Dinner. Wish I had room to try it all!
There was a problem with the internet access in my (executive) room, I was told it was an ISP problem. Whatever, it is worth passing on this information to future guests :-
I purchased a Hotlink sim on arrival in Malaysia,(cost RM8.60), using my smartphone as a Wifi "hotspot" I was able to use my laptop to surf - 24hrs,100MB,for RM2; or 1GB,RM30 valid for one month. In addition, for international calls, using the prefix "132" VERY cheap.
Once again sorry to leave, but our next visit already booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Kuching is located in the heart of the charming city of Kuching, overlooking the tranquil Sarawak River. Kuching's landmark, the hotel commands the best view of the gently winding river and other captivating sights.20 minutes drive (11 km) from Kuching International Airport, whilst the commercial centre and city attractions such as the Main Bazaar, Kuching Waterfront and the Tua Pek Kong Temple are a mere walk away.Modern shopping centers are reachable on foot, as are classic old historical sites are nearby. The hotel makes the perfect base to explore Kuching! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Kuching reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Kuching Hotel Kuching
- Hilton International Kuching
- Kuching Hilton International