“Top notch”

Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Willalooka
“Top notch”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We have spent the last two nights here and wish we could stay more. Service from all staff is outstanding, such a pleasure. The rooms are clean and very well maintained. Location is great right next to waterfront. Thank you for the enjoyable experience.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mellem37
HiltonKuching, General Manager at Hilton Kuching, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Mellem37,

Very warm greetings from Hilton Kuching.

I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction.

Hope to see you return soon. Safe Travels.

Hilton Kuching & Batang Ai Longhouse Resort, managed by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I would like to congratulate the staff at Hilton Kuching for making this the best hotel stay I have had in years. I really enjoyed my stay at Hilton and the staff working there are very personable and I can guarantee you that they will attend to your every needs and queries without hesitation. The room view that I had was literally like a live wallpaper and I had the opportunity to watch the scenic view of the sunset overlooking the Sarawak river. I would definitely recommend those who would like to have a pleasant stay at Kuching to consider Hilton as their primary choice and it is worth all the money you spent for your stay there and most importantly for the impeccable service their provide to their honored guests. Thank you, Hilton for making this a memorable stay for me.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Wan Farahwani W,

Very warm greetings from Hilton Kuching.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such a good care of you and you found the service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction.

Hope to see you return soon. Safe Travels.

Mold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at the Hilton for the whole of March this year. This was our ninth visit and we were not disappointed. The staff as usual were very helpful and friendly. They always seem to go the extra mile to make our stay comfortable and pleasant. We had an executive suite which gave us access to the Executive Lounge. We did however have breakfast in the Waterfront where Simon looked after us very well . The breakfast gives a very wide choice of Eastern and Western food as well as a good variety of fruit. We will be back next year. There always seem to be complaints about Wi-Fi but it is available free in public areas and in the executive lounge.

Room Tip: executive floor, facing the river.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bryan lusty
HiltonKuching, General Manager at Hilton Kuching, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Bryan Lusty,

Very warm greetings from Hilton Kuching.

Welcome back to our hotel. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such a good care of you and you found the service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction.

Hope to see you return soon! Safe Travels.

Launceston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our son who is 25 years old. Our request for rooms near together was fulfilled, ours had a beautiful river view. Check in was straightforward and speedy. Breakfast had a vast choice everything from traditional Malaysian to pizza!

The location is fantastic - right on the river front. Kuching felt safe and easy to explore on foot. Street kiosks in the evening opposite the hotel meant we are out for a total of£6 for all 3 of us. Delicious fresh cooked food!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear LizB1,

Very warm greetings from Hilton Kuching.

Hope to see you return soon! Safe Travels.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Sarawakian Iban heart pain.Booking at Hilton a month before my check in date 25 may 2014 till 28 may 2014,i ask for extra bed and cradle.booking for Executive Suites room. Myself with 2 kids age 3 and 4.. I arrive at the hilton kuching at 2 o'clock noon from kuala lumpur.. I was inform that the room not ready and have to wait for 45 minute. My 2 kids already exhausted and i running out of any drink. Thanks to a bussiness man hotel guess hands a coke to my girl.Softdrink for my girl i just close 1 eyes. Next check in to the room number 1101. I did not seen the extra bed and the cradle. Its ok for me maybe they will send it before night .TV had no kids channel.. Bathroom after shower water all over the floor. I call up the room services and was told it english style made. Iban lady - room sevices. Very friendly. Chit chat awhile.Wonder if english itself shower floor dry.In the evening ordered food from hotel itself. Thumbs up for it. Before went to bed i call to the front desk speak to Pamela regarding my extra bed n cradle. I was told the hotel running out of it. That the reason im booking a month earlier to avoid those situation. Pamela, u know everything. Next day 26 may went smoothly.After 3 o'clock went to 12 floor for afternoon tea. To staff name Ricky and the staff at 12 floor. u are good,very good but only that first day i came. Next day u doing like im paying the room with my hair.. Late after noon i call operator is there any playground for kids ?.. Yes, 1st floor madam. Bring my kids to the 1st floor look around looking for slide n swing...i just saw a pool. Try to tolerate maybe the operator earlier new staf. Kids pool too cold to swim in. 27 may went smoothly. I decided to change room and change to room 1129. Miscomunication between the staff. I just blame the software data.. Staff on duty thank you handle it smoothly .28 may check out settle all the outstanding balance. Aris - bellman very helpful. Should upgrade his position. Reach my hometown received a call from Hilton said there a outstanding amount RM 100 over. I did not have a credit card to charge it. Why at first place when im check out your side not calculate properly. Who want to left a debt behind..Who fault it is. Make a call to my number if it my fault n i'll make an arrangement regarding it. Good bye n selamat hari gawai.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gawai
Dear Gawai,

Very warm greetings from Hilton Kuching.

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

penang
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel is old. The crew were alright and helpful. I was ushered to the executive floor for check in and the process was smooth. The room was big and spacious but old. The carpet, the wood work, the chair and even the bathroom tiles were worn out. The bed was comfy but the pillow too soft.
Breakfast was very limited and tastes average. The executive floor offers free flow of wine and liquor until 11pm on weekdays and 8pm on weekend.
If you do not mind old settings, this is a good place to relax while you are on a business trip. Other shops around the hotel are within walking distance and food outside is ample.
Distance from airport around 20 minutes and will cost you between RM26-RM30.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonKuching, General Manager at Hilton Kuching, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear drnara,

Very warm greetings from Hilton Kuching.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Kota Tinggi, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hotel is awesome to stay, the accommodation was good and I had a sound sleep. It's in good convenient location, with complete facility but I really love the breakfast varieties. It's not too expensive to stay there. Staff were very friendly and warm.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonKuching, General Manager at Hilton Kuching, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Soon1971,

Very warm greetings from Hilton Kuching.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such a good care of you and you found the location of the hotel to your satisfaction. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.