All reviews pandan sitting room sarawak museum india street shopping mall walking distance heavy rain swimming pool location is excellent visit kuching waterfront gym
Reviewed 28 July 2018

i stay here bcoz of the location, in a walking distance to shoping area and waterfront. the room concept old and vintage style. maybe some new decoration need to be done. the breakfast was good and the staffs were really helpfull.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank ana_kecik
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel too old and I think needs renovation. Room is simple and has a type of smell.
Needs upgrading now.
Only one set of toothbrush for both of us.
Stay for very short term is ok
Shopping centre is nearby with less than 5 minutes walk.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank YongChuangRonL
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Should be 3 star rated or less.
Reason:
1. Booked double bed and given twin bed. Late check-in and no time to argue regardless.
2. Most of the light switch at panel not working.
3. Moulded floor tiles in toilet and toilet not flush properly. Toilet vent also not running.
4. Room service was 24 hours. Instead, no menu in room provided. Called up room service and rang for a while until operator pick up the call then they transfer my call to room service and still waiting until operator pick up the call again by answering me with “hello” ( hotel standard?). Lastly the operator will inform room service to send the menu. End up, I’m sleeping tiredly with hunger waiting for the EXPENSIVE service and maybe hard for the staff to provide. Really disappointing.
5. Been to this hotel for many times 5 years ago and its totally out of standard and rating.
Lastly. During breakfast, service was ok and staff was great.
Management of the property, please maintain your standard and maybe most of your staff need training.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I can tell the location is good..not that great but good..just to my surprise, the hotel quite run down..room we occupied is suite and the size was ok..the view..love it..it fantastic..16th floor I can say..we can see the whole lights while at night..fantastic!! hotel itself need a facelift..big time!! but yeah, me & my friends, having a good time while we staying here..thank you Merdeka Palace Kuching

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank one c
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

It situated in the middle of the city. Close to mall and tourist spot, just on the walk. Big hotel with nice interior. We stay in the two rooms apartment. It is cozy. We have sitting room and small dining table. The master bedroom is nice. The check in and out are fast. Staff is helpful. When we ask direction, staff did not hesitate to show the right way and make it so clear.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends