“Expensive but nice food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kuching, Malaysia
“Expensive but nice food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Have been there for lunch few times. The impression of this restaurant is quite expensive but the food was nice.
My friend and I went there for a tea break since we are craving for Thai food. There was few tables sitting in the restaurant and it take sometime for the waitress to entertain us.
We order one fried rice noodle (small portion), one fried spring roll and two cups of lemon juice. It cost us MYR30+. The spring roll was not recommended. I should say the rice noodles were super delicious. But really a bit pricey.
Overall the food was nice (but make sure u select the right one) but it was a bit costly.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Thailand? not so Thailand”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

I was craving for thai cuisine and I ended up eating Malaysian cuisine with a hint of Thai. The curry is too oily (santan). I can smell the coconut oil than the spices used to cook green curry. The pineapple rice was lack of flavour and the only good outcome of my dinner is the omlette with basil. Where can I eat good thai food in Kuching?

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank iloveswk
Kuching, Malaysia
“saturday night family reunion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

there were 10 of us in the dinning room. ordered steam fish assam. yummy! paku, ulam, fruit juices and desserts.
the place was quite packed when we were there and a bit of leg room to move. luved their deco of the thai royal family. nice waiters and waitresses. i luv the toilet sign a gold glittering cloth with two elephants. nice.

• Visited July 2013
singapore
“Food Average and price is expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

We are 3 adults with 2 babies, just order 4-5 small portion dish,is cost me total bill RM150++. Food and service is average only. When I bring my Thai workers , total 8 adults with 2 babies, we just pay RM290 nett total bill with 8-9 dish and drinks, Food is delicious cause the cooks is origine from Thailand. All my staffs thumbs up for Awet Restaurant.

Visited June 2013
“Good food but too pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Best Thai food in Kuching. Cosy place. Service can be inconsistent sometimes. The manager looks pissed off sometimes (I am a regular there). Unfortunately the food here is very very expensive. Of course it is cheaper if you just eat the pineapple rice and fried vegetables. Once you order the fish and prawns... the price will escalate. Good luck and watch out for what you are ordering.

Visited June 2013