I tried to meet with the GM for 3 days but was not able to do so nor did I get a call back from her.
So unprofessional and its unbelievable what actually took place......
This is how it all started........
I was staying in a wonderful place called the Secret Sanctuary outside of Kuching for the first few days of my stay in Sarawak..... What a wonderful place...... I should have stayed there.Check my review on them.........
Made a reservation at this terrible place The Ranee to be in the centre of town and in walking distance of the waterfront and shopping etc....
Upon check in I noticed that the price I paid on line was more expensive than the walk-in rack rate. When I questioned that with the receptionist. I was informed in lousy English..... 'I am just a receptionist. I don't know...'
The elevators are not working and I had to carry my own heavy bags up the stairs by myself as the receptionist was a lady and couldn't carry my bags.
Then once in the room... The windows were open and the room was boiling hot and packed full of mosquitos..... I requested a room change which was of course was denied due to the lack of authority the 'receptionist' had. I tried to cancel my stay and get a refund..... and of course I should have never asked that question... I never got a call back from any managers or GM.
I bit my tongue and decided to enjoy my stay in Kuching.
I proceeded to the nearest shop and purchased mosquito spray and fumigated my room and went out. I returned that evening and even though I was bit badly during the night, I had a good night sleep because I was tired from the days events. and the bed was comfortable.
The next day I went out to the Crocodile farms and shopping and when I returned to my room in the late afternoon and to my shock and horror...... once again the air-conditioning was switched off and the windows were left open and the room full of mosquitos but to add to all of that the room was cleaned by house keeping as follows:
1) toilet was not cleaned were it had been used
2) the towels that i had left on the floor to be replaced were just rehung
3) the bed sheets that i had requested to be changed were not changed
4) the floor was neither mopped or swept as you can see my hair and some paper clippings still on the floor.
5) the robe I had used and that now stank of the mosquito spray and that I also left on the floor to be replace was also just hung back as is
Basically housekeeping did my room in less than 3 minutes at best
Again complained and no response from the manager or anyone.
Wait it doesn't end here
The next day which is my last day and I am to check out and fly back to Kuala Lumpur, at 9 am the air-conditioning stopped working, and when I called the reception to complain I was told that the air-condition in the entire Hotel is going through maintenance and would take several hours. i couldn't believe my ears.
I obviously proceeded to pack quickly because it was hard to breath without air-condition and the risk of mosquitos if i opened the window.
To top off everything, upon leaving the hotel I was then accused of taking things from the room and my bags were searched.
Very strange place but don't judge the rest of Kuching or Sarawak by my experience at The Ranee because every other place and people I experienced in Kuching, Sarawak was amazing and enjoyable.
I would never recommend for anyone to stay at the Ranee Boutique Hotel under the current management
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ranee is an exclusive 24-room boutique hotel strategically located in the heart of Kuching's picturesque Old Town (14km from Kuching International Airport). Stylishly rebuilt from two traditional 19th century shophouses and ingeniously adapted to modern standards of plush comfort, The Ranee is unique in that every spacious room/suite is different - designed to express its own individuality, charm and character. Step into The Ranee and you will be enchanted by the magic of old and new - a fusion style inspired by Sarawak's rich colonial heritage and mysterious ethnic cultures. In catering to the discerning traveller, The Ranee boasts an all-day dining/bar serving local and international cuisine, a cafe offering freshly baked delicacies, an in-house tour desk, and even a business meeting room. The Ranee is capable of hosting intimate cocktail receptions for functions up to 60pax (product launches, team building, informal business gatherings, private dinner parties, etc). At The Ranee we'll take you on a journey that celebrates the charm and romance of a bygone era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Ranee Boutique Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.