“Lots of choice of pork”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Oinks!

Oinks!
Ranked #102 of 566 Restaurants in Kuching
Cuisines: Bar, German, European, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“Lots of choice of pork”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This restaurant specialise in pork so they have a variety of pork dishes to try. Can be a bit noisy with the tv and music. The staffs dont speak english or malay well so sometimes it can be hard to converse with them.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank ibangirl

Kuching, Malaysia
“Has a Good Reputation”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Didn't enjoy this place. I've sampled many of Kuching's eateries and I was disappointed with this. Went with friends, beer was reasonable, service and food left a lot to be desired. Not very good quality at all, but the thing about Kuching is there is no set standard. I revisited a place recently and the first time I went I reviewed the food as poor - it was, on my second visit it was superb. My advice is suck it and see...lots of other places to eat around here too.

Visited May 2014
Kuching
“Good portions of decent food”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Oinks serves pretty good dishes for carnivores. The warm bacon and walnut salad, a staple at the previous restaurant where the chef used to work, is a good option for those who want a lighter meal.

There's a good selection of beer, so this is a nice place for an evening with friends without the need to go elsewhere for drinks.

Service could be better. Staff seem unpolished but this isn't fine dining.

The stuffed toys - pigs - on the banquette inside is a little strange though and I suspect not very hygienic with the number of children and adults touching them.

Still I prefer sitting indoors to avoid smokers, but sadly there isn't much space as most of the tables are outside.

• Visited February 2014
Kuching, Malaysia
“Live mouse running around when we have dinner”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We have when for a dinner with a group of 5 adults and 1 kid at April 4. The food was excellent as mention by earlier review and I am definitely agreed. We are seating at indoor of the restaurant and my kid was being seated at side of the side door. The food and beers were excellent and really within the expectation.
However, we noticed a live mouse running out from underneath of the sofa as well as under the tables and trying to escape to outside of hiding while we noticed that some girls sit next table was screaming around. My girl was being scared and asking to leave when she noticed this mouse moving around. Finally we wonder where the mouse was moved but look like the hygiene of this restaurant need to be upgrade. I might not come back or just seat at outdoor.

• Visited April 2014
“Pork”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely tasty pork with Apple sauce
Restaurant nice , inside dinning was air conditioned or you can sit outside
Prices not bad 25 rm for pork with Apple sauce & mashed potato with salad. I would have preferred some vegetables as the salad was only lettuce but had a nice dressing and flavour
Alcohol and soft drinks available , beer is around 7rm per bottle and soft drinks around 6rm for a large glass
Service was quick and staff friendly
Will definitely go again