“Good value for money good location and most staff friendly”

Telang Usan Hotel Kuching
Ranked #21 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
“Good value for money good location and most staff friendly”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel was well priced for the location. Rooms fairly basic but comfortable and clean.
Having left breakfast to last minute the staff offered to make me some more eggs which had finished.
Overall a lovely stay

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is a very well managed and clean hotel. The rooms are exactly as shown on the website and very clean and tidy. Location is excellent. Staff and service is very professional. Bathrooms and Breakfast could be better. I stayed five days and was very very happy. if you want a proper hotel and not a five star then stay here but do check for bargains because Kuching seems over-populated with luxury hotels so you might get a bargain at the pullman or the lime tree.

Get your washing done at 2in1 up the road around the corner and check out See Good for lovely sea food just at the back of the Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Spend a night at the hotel on 7/12. Reasonably clean and comfortable, and also within my budget. The hotel is within a walking distance to a number of good eating outlet and restaurants and also night entertainment outlet at Bukit Mata Kuching. I enjoyed my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Kuching
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Well, I've been to the hotel to have my dinner. A simple hotel with so so look. I sometimes do this kind of activity when I'm in need of self theraphy.the service was good and so was the food. Even the price is reasonable. I sat at a secluded corner and enjoyed watching other customers n hotel guest behavior. I encourage you guys out there to try it out. Just a moment for your self.

Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Royce88
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

I checked in on the 28/9. Nothing much comments from me. I think it time for their renovation. The bathroom, the in room sofa, the furniture and the guest corridor/hallway lighting need further improvement. The box TV - the reception not good at all, pictures not clear. My entrance door light was out of order. Didn't got the chance to try their breakfast as I woke up late. Reception services....hmmmm... What can you expect from a 3 star hotel? No smiling face, no greeting, not a friendly either (my opinion) but I am fine with it because of the price that I got to pay but if I check in to a 5 star hotel my expectation will be much higher.Problem with the unavailable parking space during the weekend.
I might consider this hotel to stay if I want to hang out to the nearest shopping mall, bar, or restaurant because I hardly spend my time in the hotel room. So, the only time I occupied the room is around mid night and went out early in the next morning.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Falun, Sweden
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We have a good time. It was some trees around, with fruits and not so long way to the city. The food at the hotell was very good and tasty. It was two others places to eat nearby. The hotel had at lot of handicraft from Orang Ulu. First we booked two nights and so we want to stay one more night and one more night, so we stayed six nights. The personal was wonderful. We also take some trips from the travel agency in the same building. If you want to make experience more then have luxury I really can recommend this hotel and I should choose it again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
denmark
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We spent one night at this hotel and we think it is a bit over pricey. The room was enough cleaned, while the bathroom was a bit dirty and very old (nearly falling apart!) with moist on the walls. Besides being an old hotel which definitely need a restoration, they are taking a bit too much money for the room. Moreover, the staff was not entirely prepared (the receptionist we got could not point out the hotel on the map and did not give any information about the hotel unless we asked - for example, she gave us the room key without saying on which floor we had to go to, or where the elevator was; no mentioning about wi-fi, or breakfast hours).
They could totally make some efforts in managing it better.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Kuching hotels