We checked in on 28 August n was well received and greeted with a big smile by Casey the doorman. We were attended by Farouk at the reception. Farouk was very attentive n pleasant. Our room was upgraded to a suite room and given the best view of Sunway Lagoon. the room was perfect and my kids enjoyed and was very happy to hve the best view.
Breakfast selection was good. Basically it was a health diet breakfast. Arul, the chef in charge of the fresh juice counter was very cheerful and approachable and no words can add on to his customer orientation. He was so accomodating to all the guest request.
the only set back was during our breakfast session on the 2nd day, i started with a cup of fresh juice and some pastries. Enjoyed the variety of western, malaysian delicacies. My waiting for two rounds to savour my favourite steamed chicken pau. finally i managed to get one and helped with a bowl of noodles at the same time.
i set back at the table enjoyed the bowl of noodles and paused awhile. I was away from the table to grab another fresh cup of juice while leaving behind the steamed chicken pau behind on the plate. My husband was still seated at the table. however when i was back to my table .....MY PAU WAS MISSING. The waiters cleared away the plate without even asking my husband if i have finished. That was the most dissappointing thing. Anyway, i dont understand how come bangladesh staff can serve coffee and tea. and my cup was juice was also taken away and when i sort of complained to my husband, " see they just removed it without asking" the bangladesh staff has the seek to ask me back, " any problem maam". i realise that F&B had a short of staff on the 1st day of raya.
I was expecting some hari raya cookies and delicacy corner during breakfast since it was already raya.
Checkout process was pleasant, we were attended by Mr Arul, The Dir of Rooms and mr Sutha to assist us on the luggage.
However, overall the stay was pleasant and wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa is one of Kuala Lumpur’s most iconic 5-star hotels, situated within the sprawling integrated resort of Sunway City. The Hotel is located next to Sunway Lagoon theme park and connected to the massive Sunway Pyramid shopping mall, seamlessly integrating facilities for easy, within the minute walking-access, to a multitude of leisure and business services. On arrival, the Hotel’s dramatic neo classical façade welcomes guests to superlative features and thematic architectural designs, sheltered by towering minaret glass domes and a main driveway that boasts monumental sculptures of deer being pursued by a Malayan tiger and two life-size elephants stand guard; with a profusion of fountains and captivating oasis of water features. The Hotel’s 441 guestrooms and suites are equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi and other modern conveniences. Most guestrooms have theme park views or the resort's skyline; some provide balconies with an opportunity to walk out to the lush tropical gardens. Facilities within the hotel include an expansive free-form landscaped swimming pool with cascading waterfalls, a Balinese-inspired Mandara spa, a fitness centre, an all-day dining restaurant, a lobby lounge and several independently-operated Chinese, Thai and other speciality restaurants. Located adjacent to the Hotel are Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre, 170 food and beverage outlets and over 900-retail stores in the shopping mall, and two additional hotel towers with Sunway Pyramid Hotel and Sunway Clio Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunway Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sunway Hotel Petaling Jaya