“perfect getaway”

Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“perfect getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

We checked in on 28 August n was well received and greeted with a big smile by Casey the doorman. We were attended by Farouk at the reception. Farouk was very attentive n pleasant. Our room was upgraded to a suite room and given the best view of Sunway Lagoon. the room was perfect and my kids enjoyed and was very happy to hve the best view.

Breakfast selection was good. Basically it was a health diet breakfast. Arul, the chef in charge of the fresh juice counter was very cheerful and approachable and no words can add on to his customer orientation. He was so accomodating to all the guest request.

the only set back was during our breakfast session on the 2nd day, i started with a cup of fresh juice and some pastries. Enjoyed the variety of western, malaysian delicacies. My waiting for two rounds to savour my favourite steamed chicken pau. finally i managed to get one and helped with a bowl of noodles at the same time.

i set back at the table enjoyed the bowl of noodles and paused awhile. I was away from the table to grab another fresh cup of juice while leaving behind the steamed chicken pau behind on the plate. My husband was still seated at the table. however when i was back to my table .....MY PAU WAS MISSING. The waiters cleared away the plate without even asking my husband if i have finished. That was the most dissappointing thing. Anyway, i dont understand how come bangladesh staff can serve coffee and tea. and my cup was juice was also taken away and when i sort of complained to my husband, " see they just removed it without asking" the bangladesh staff has the seek to ask me back, " any problem maam". i realise that F&B had a short of staff on the 1st day of raya.

I was expecting some hari raya cookies and delicacy corner during breakfast since it was already raya.

Checkout process was pleasant, we were attended by Mr Arul, The Dir of Rooms and mr Sutha to assist us on the luggage.

However, overall the stay was pleasant and wonderful.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

I have found the hotel friendly and amenable. Superb, friendly staff make your stay the best. The theme park behind compares well to other water parks worldwide. Easy shopping next door. The food is superb with a wide range of choice. A quick trip to the LRT station sees you in downtown KL in 10 minutes. If you want a relaxed and enjoyable rest then Sunway is the place for you!

1 Thank Flapydog
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel because we were attending our church conference at the adjacent convention center. The hotel exterior looks glamourous but once we stepped into our room, I was pretty nervous as the room was very old and weary and I was going to stay there for six nights.

Our room was the premier type and was on the second floor. Our floor looked like a dungeon with the hotel execution office. The hotel was pretty full and they couldn't give us a king bed room (no big deal). We just put two double beds together. The problem was one of the two beds' mattress was so wore down that I could feel every single spring on my back. I gave the bed a try for the first night and my back was aching the next morning.

I called the service center and requested them to change out the mattress if possible. The lady on the phone told me she would take note and bring in a king bed when one becomes available. After three more days, I still had not hear from the hotel about my "king" bed. I pretty much gave up and ready to leave the hotel when my conference is over and move to KLCC Traders. The same night, the front desk called me and said a king bed room became available, however, it was on a smoking floor. I checked the room out with the staff and declined their offer despite he kept saying there was no smell in the room (I have a 14 months old baby, it deems not the best option for us). I went back to my room and received another call from the front desk. The gent told me he found a king bed room on non smoking floor and he can hold the room for us to move in the next morning. That is an excellent customer service. Unfortunately, the bed in the new room was still in sad shape and the bathroom was not quite in working order.

Overall, the staff are very friendly and eager to serve. Without the wonderful staff, I will likely just give one star to my review.

If there is no particular reason, I suggest other visitors to just stay at near KLCC. This hotel complex is pretty far from anything.

1 Thank Carbern
Jeddah, KSA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

5-star hotel a Mall and a whole entertainment city are all what you need for a perfect vacation. You can have all the fun you want with your family at this great place. Especially, kids will love it.

We liked the quick check-in and check-out. Rooms are clean and fresh. But Wi-fi was not available, which was very annoying.

Food and drinks were very good.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AAR83
Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Brought the kids for the theme park and decided to stay at this hotel again. Everything felt the same, check-in was smooth and the staff were all great. My only gripe is that more staff is needed during breakfast time. Service was very poor but granted, it was packed and I believe the few staff working were trying their best. Overall, it's still good.

Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

We spent 5 nights at Sunway as part of a 2 week trip in Malaysia. We had 2 interconnecting rooms 1 for myself and my wife and the other for our 3 children. The kids room had 2 double beds so if you have small children no need for a rollaway as 2 can easily fit in 1 bed.

Rooms were spacious, clean and well appointed. The hotel itself is very nice. Usual standard fare at the breakfast buffet. Not the best I've had but not the worst either. Room service was reasonably priced, had large serves and a good standard. Service was very good from all the hotel staff.

The location is excellent and there is plenty to keep you busy with the theme park on your doorstep which offers plenty of fun for the whole family. The adjoining shopping complex also has plenty to offer with a plethora of restaurants, a cinema, ten pin bowling, ice skating and archery. Lots to keep the kids busy. Its open till 10pm at night which gave my wife a chance to go and indulge in some retail therapy while I stayed back at the hotel and put the kids to bed.

I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel and will certainly stay here again on our next trip to Malaysia.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa is best place to spent with family and friends.

Best part of this is Spa, water activities and Extreme Park...

Only thing that may worry is Food, You may have to find place for food of your taste.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Sunway Clio Hotel
Sunway Clio Hotel
#1 of 45 in Petaling Jaya
Resort Suites Hotel at Bandar Sunway
Resort Suites Hotel at Bandar Su...
#13 of 45 in Petaling Jaya
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
#8 of 340 in Kuala Lumpur
4.5 of 5 bubbles 9,478 reviews

Been to Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!