“Charming and delicious”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Vancouver, Canada
“Charming and delicious”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

My husband and I come from a region where pho is dirt cheap and often served out of poorly maintained family restaurants.

Du Viet was therefore a welcome change, with it's charming and quite modern decor, and obvious extra effort to make traditional viet dishes more presentable. My husband enjoyed his beef pho, while I got an ibteresting sampling of beef, chicken, and lamb skewers placed over vermicelli. The beef and lamb were tasty, the chicken a bit dry, but overall an enjoyable meal.

The servers were excellent and made recommendations for popular beverages they thought we'd enjoy. We stopped to talk to the owner as well, what a nice woman!

Prices were a bit high but I thought it was fare and comparable to the other non-local fare in Suria mall. It was a clean, well presented , tasty meal.

• Visited October 2012

• Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
“Nice but pricey”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The pancake made of durian is very nice. But I wish this place is cheaper because it's pricey for the kind of meals they serve and the ambience.

Visited May 2012
Canada
“Excellent Pho”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

It may not be the best or most authentic Vietnamese food, but the location is great and its clean and modern. Sure we've had better Pho in Hanoi, but this was still a pretty good rendering of that typical dish. We really enjoyed it.
The service was good and it was a very nice place to stop, rest up in AC and have something to eat after a morning of shopping at the mall at the twin Petronas Towers.
And it sure beats the risk of eating street food if you have a sensitive tourist's stomach.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank DanoCanada
SHanghai
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So-so Viet”
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Malaysian vs. Vietnamese food......Malaysian foods are more attractive, especially you visiting Malaysia.

Du Viet is located in 4th floor of the Petronas Tower (Twins Tower), so-claimed Authentic Vietnamese Restaurant runs by a Vietnamese Chef. They have a very good menu but the foods they serve are not authentic as you can get from any of the Vietnamese restaurant in Vietnam(off-course), LA, SFO, Seattle or Vancouver where a lot of Vietnamese immigrants resides overseas.

I bought my whole family (8people with kids) to try out the Vietnamese restaurant in Kuala Lumpur in one of our visit, it turn out to be a BIG mistake, we should've have spend another meal in Jalan Alor's Hawker center instead, a true expereince of malaysian foods and culture.
We ordered 4 dishes of appetizers, egg rolls: steamed & deep fried, 4 courses of entry : curry, tiger prawns, Vietnamese BBQ platter with steak, chicken chop and vegetables and PHO (Vietnamese Noodle Soup).
here was how a Vietnamese food lover would react to the quality of the foods:
Total Disaster !
1. Tiger Prawns were over cooked, the prawns are stiff like a rock.
2. BBQ Platter: my 12yrs old can do better than that!! the beef was overly cooked and burned.
3. PHO, I'm a PHO fanatic and this is by far my biggest disappointment picking this restaurant. their soup was not close to the taste of an authentic PHO, the noodles weren't typical vietnamese noodles….

their best among the dishes we ordered was the Deep Fried Egg Roll serve with vegetables wraps and viet fish sauce. Which worth to try in this restaurant.

their coffee are vietnamese blended and using Vietnamese signature serving with a filter can. But I would do Starbucks instead on the price that I was paying RM15 for a 100ml serving.

Well, my recommendation: Jalan Alor Hawker Center close to Star Walk or Bintang Road is the choice if you are visiting Kuala Lumpur, better value and much better food while you get to experience the culture.

1 Thank bsusf