“Average and convenient...”

Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
“Average and convenient...”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed for two nights at PJ De Inn and a room for 3 person just cost RM115 nett and it is kinda cheap considering the area it is located in. Room are just ok and the only thing I dislike is that there are no windows and it feels kinda stuffy.. Breakfast is included and it is just normal stuffs but at least it is better than nothing. There are many shops and convenience stores within the area and thus food/ groceries will not be an issue. There is a Giant Hypermarket and KFC within walking distance. The nearest LRT station (Asia Jaya) is around 10-15 minutes walking distance. Overall, it is a cheap place and is convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank KenChuah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I think I might get fooled by the pictures in the website.

I stayed in PJ de Inn for one night with my partner and it was a disappointment. There is no breakfast, the room is small, ugly and old. I am shocked that they still use the bulky old TV. My girlfriend found that the bathroom was scary.

But above all, the wifi is shockingly have a strong signal. We manage to download a few games and movies, cheers to that!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BelleWaldorf

Travellers are raving about these Petaling Jaya hotels

Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My dad and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. As soon as we get into our twin room, we were very disturbed by the overwhelming smell of cigarette. It was very strong and hard to endure by the non smokers. I immediately called down to the reception to see if they have non smoking room or at least a better room, but I got an immediate response saying "all rooms are the same". Fine.. we ended up opening all the windows and bought air refreshener and guess what, they did not do any good. The smell is just too strong. I came home with every garments and every item in my suitcase smell like cigarette.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tmsiang
Bangalore
Reviewed 1 January 2014

A very good choice with a very good price if you are looking for non fancy place to stay. I would strongly recommend this place as it is very economically priced and kind of no-frills (off-course breakfast included).

Lots of eating joints are around this place like local cuisine, India, Chinese and quick bites like KFC and Pizza Hut.

Rooms are neat and clean, though small but good for having a good night sleep.

Room Tip: Please make it sure to ask for room with window, atleast you can open window when u need little fres...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Matharoo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We booked ( deluxe room and triple family room) and was very lucky to secure this rooms as it was a last minute plan & was inform only left these rooms(Nos.312&315)

The first impression was its just a simple stay but convenient for us as my sister's bridal studio is just 3 mins walking distance and aim to reach Putrajaya by 8.30 a.m for her ROM.

Rooms:-
a) clean, just standard room with basic needs.
b) toilets -needs makeover as to the shower, toilet and tabs. It was rusky and old style.
c)main doors-No.315 rooms (extra lock inside the room was broken-need to be replaced)
d)beds, comforters, pillows- are all ok-basic standard
e) no wifi access
f) restaurants-in house- not available on Sundays

Location:-
a) easy access
b) varies food paradise within walking distance of the hotel eg.KFC, Jaya restaurant, subway, 7-evelen, Victoria station, syed restaurant and others. Opposite of the hotel "Okay restaurant" as well. So no harm if the in house restaurant are close.

Caution:-
a) be extra caution when you on the hot shower. It can be super hot at times.
b) aircon was very poor in room no.315.

Mission accomplish! We reach on time. The checkout procedure was smooth.

Don't look for 4-5 star standard as its only a good stay with very basic minimal needs.

Simple put its just for quick stay in order to reach on time and avoid jam in KL.

Room Tip: Choose room facing the Okay restaurant and non smoking rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Priyaraj
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I was staying at PJ De Inn hotel because it's very close to my colleague's house. Actually he booked for me without my approval and I didn't have a choice to stay at this hotel. I will not stay here on my own.The room has bad smell of cigarette because I got smoking room. There was a creepy sound like water drops at the next room, I can heard it clearly along the night. That's why I couldn't sleep. The lights also very bad. The ceiling light was not working properly. I was surprised when I saw at the reception, there was "a short time 4 hours rate". I just found out that there is a massage or spa at the 7th floor. I didn't try to go upstairs. I saw couples of chinese women go upstairs with sexy outfit. Definitely this hotel is used for prostitutes and I will not recommend it for anyone.

The location is perfect at Petaling Jaya. Close to Hilton Hotel, but quiet far if you want to reach train station. There are food stalls, 7 Eleven and chinese bar at the opposite of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
16 Thank Hartono_Tonsky
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Now I know that alot of you have had a rather dissapointing stay at this hotel, what not with the room and bedding and noise and all but for us, it was not a bad stay. As a matter of fact I am going to say the room we stayed in was cheap, spacious and the 'grand' like decor was better than crown plaza nearby.

Despite being a weekday the rooms were selling fast and the only rooms they had were the Executive Deluxe. So we decided to pick this room, the room rate was RM 245 for one night. Here's what we had in our room

==XL large bed (bigger than king size)
==LCD TV
==writing table
==make up table
==a corner with 2-set sofa and coffee table
==breakfast amenities
==double door closet
==iron and board
==bath tub and glassed-in shower. let me just say that the bathroom was unexpectantly huge for a mid range budget/boutique hotel
==plenty of clean towels
==good wifi connection on our floor and room (make sure you get password from reception)
==setback was the empty fridge

Also, they had plenty of parking spots so we parked our car right in front of the hotel entrance. And guess what? We only had to pay RM10 if we wanted to go down for breakfast

The pub was really small, it can only fit about 50 people maximum at one time. Also, its weird pub because its fully carpeted. Can't help thinking how the carpeting would look like in the morning with all the lights on and all the stains and cigarette butts stains visible. They deliver drinks up to your room if you want to, but the China girls there lack the knowledge to make a decent cocktail. They had limited amount of drinks available and an even limited amount of cocktail. When I mean limited I mean they only know how to make vodka orange. Judging from the crowd that inhibate this place at night, it was the out of town business men singing to the karaoke with the resident Chinese hookers (from China)

Other than that, overall it was a good hotel. Ask for the better quality rooms (READ deluxe) on the high floors for peace and good bed. Ours was on the 6th floor. Room 615 if memory serves me right. More pictures of this room can be obtained from the hotels website-this is the exact link---http://gallery.deinnhotel.com/thumbnails.php?album=7

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business